Favorite Desserts

GeorgiaGirl14

I always stick with the theory "if it doesn't taste good enough to warrant the extra calories...don't eat it". I hate to waste food, but I have tried desserts that sounded good but were simply not what I expected. I try a small bite and then make up my mind.

My favorite dessert on NCL is the chocolate hazelnut dessert at Le Bistro..the most important thing is to get it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This combination is worth every bite! :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Oreo Cheesecake at Cagney's is awesome but huge! You could share it with 3 of your friends.

Creme Brulee at Le Bistro is also wonderful.

I did not like the Panna Cotta at Il Idagio on the Sun. I enjoyed it on other ships though.

Remember, the first bite is always the best! (Spoken by a WW leader.)

I was on the Breakaway in December while on weight watchers. I would always have the oatmeal and a plate of fruit for breakfast, a salad and half sandwich for lunch, then for dinner most of the time I would get the healthy fare but not always. I would order EITHER an appetizer OR a dessert every night. I took the stairs most of the time, but did not do the gym. I had my share of frozen and fruity drinks. My weigh in was 2 days after we returned...I gained...0. 6 pounds!! ! I was shooting for no more than 4 pounds so I was beyond thrilled!! Good luck and enjoy!!

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

NCL Jewel Bahamas & Florida 2011 - Bread Pudding, fruit crepes, creme brûlée, heck I think I liked them all. We only take a big vacation once a year (if we are lucky) so I eat it all. Everything I want but I take the stairs everywhere. I never ride on an elevator. I only gained two pounds on the last cruise.

For me...the ice cream sandwich at Cagney's. It was two huge crispy cookies with Mac nut ice cream rolled in toasted coconut and served with a raisin and mango chutney.

For my DH it was the mango rice pudding at Moderno.

Of course, the cute little layer cake they brought to our table for our 20th anniversary was delicious, but for a different reason.

Also, save some points for the chocoholic buffet!