Muster time out of Venice?

aucaroleb

Hello, Booked on the Regal,embarking in Venice with an overnighter. My question is when would we have the safety muster. I'm wanting to book a tour on the evening before we leave (we'll already be checked in) but I'm sure I read somewhere that on the Royal they had a muster at 9:30.

[quote name='aucaroleb']Hello, Booked on the Regal,embarking in Venice with an overnighter. My question is when would we have the safety muster. I'm wanting to book a tour on the evening before we leave (we'll already be checked in) but I'm sure I read somewhere that on the Royal they had a muster at 9:30.[/QUOTE]
I had an overnight in Venice on the Royal in October and the muster drill was on the 2nd afternoon at 4:00 shortly before sailing at 4:30 so no muster drill on embarkation day to interfere with your tour. Edited by Astro Flyer

[quote name='Av8tor']Regal's maiden voyage leaves Venice at 11pm (no overnight). Anyone know if muster will be late at night (10pm - about 1 hr prior to leaving) or earlier in the day/evening??

Thx[/QUOTE]
On the Crown in December 2012 we sailed from Venice at 11 PM with Muster drill at 7:30 PM.

[quote name='Astro Flyer']I had an overnight in Venice on the Royal in October and the muster drill was on the 2nd afternoon at 4:00 shortly before sailing at 4:30 so no muster drill on embarkation day to interfere with your tour.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that quick response

[quote name='Av8tor']Regal's maiden voyage leaves Venice at 11pm (no overnight). Anyone know if muster will be late at night (10pm - about 1 hr prior to leaving) or earlier in the day/evening??

Thx[/quote]
Muster drills are one hour before sailing. Our (July)Royal cruise boarded 1 pm and spent the night in the Venice port. One hour before our 9 am sail we had our muster drill @ 8 am. It was obvious that many passengers did not read the Patter the night before. They literally rolled out of bed.

Muster drills have to take place once all passengers are on board and before sailing. I remember reading the new Maritime Law . This was after the Costa cruise ship sinking. Edited by BRANDEE

[quote name='aucaroleb']Hello, Booked on the Regal,embarking in Venice with an overnighter. My question is when would we have the safety muster. I'm wanting to book a tour on the evening before we leave (we'll already be checked in) but I'm sure I read somewhere that on the Royal they had a muster at 9:30.[/quote]

Even if they did have the drill while you were on your tour, they would have a make-up drill before the ship sailed.

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']Not when the ship sails at 11pm.[/quote]
I know it sounds crazy to muster at that time, but the law has changed. I was equally surprised at our 8 am muster leaving Venice. Breakfast at the Horizon was a zoo with all passengers up and most needing a cup of coffee. At least we were rewarded with a magnificent sail away! Edited by BRANDEE

[quote name='BRANDEE']Muster drills have to take place once all passengers are on board and before sailing. I remember reading the new Maritime Law . This was after the Costa cruise ship sinking.[/QUOTE]US regulations have required Muster before sailing and Princess (and other US lines) have followed this for years/decades no matter where in the world they were sailing. Non-US lines did not follow this unless they were in US waters. They required Muster within 24 hours of sailing. The maritime law just made what most lines were doing anyway the standard. Edited by Pam in CA