I'm having a problem with "Already Booked" at the Website

Mura

Recently when I checked what was there after our upcoming May 2014 cruise I discovered a Far East cruise we never signed up for -- it even had a cabin assigned.

But the cruise I really DID sign up for (May 2015) is not there. At all. I have an invoice number and an assigned cabin but the website just asks me to "book", no to "manage the booking". (Or however they phrase it.)

So I deleted the incorrect one and tried to register the correct one. So far today nothing happens. I've only tried about 5 times.

Is anyone else having problems at the website doing similar activities? I hate to call my TA for something I should be able to handle myself.

Mura

Recently when I checked what was there after our upcoming May 2014 cruise I discovered a Far East cruise we never signed up for -- it even had a cabin assigned.

But the cruise I really DID sign up for (May 2015) is not there. At all. I have an invoice number and an assigned cabin but the website just asks me to "book", no to "manage the booking". (Or however they phrase it.)

So I deleted the incorrect one and tried to register the correct one. So far today nothing happens. I've only tried about 5 times.

Is anyone else having problems at the website doing similar activities? I hate to call my TA for something I should be able to handle myself.

Mura

Maura we were also missing one of our May cruises and with one call to O they connected me with their internet department and in no time she had it sorted out. You don't need your TA for this. Good luck.

We booked a TA for April '15 on Riviera, have a cabin number etc. Same experience on the Already Booked itinerary for that cruise online - Nada info. Figured it wouldn't update until closer to sailing, maybe 6 months out...

JMBobB

Just to clarify, have you tried to add your booking? It has never shown automatically for us. If you're booked you can add it regardless of time to embarkation. Can add not-yet-booked-but-interested-in sailings as soon as they are on the web site.

If you want to buy ship's Shore excursion or restaurant reservations directly then you'll need to get the booking available or through your T/A

Edited by YoHoHo

We had a problem - but not the same problem. I selected 2 shore excursions for our July Alaska cruise, was offered an unlimited shore excursion package or ala carte pricing (with a discount for advance purchase) and selected ala carte. The booking then froze and the links took you to a page that said there was an error. Finally the web people cleared it and I was able to check out - at full price. Another call clarified things - there is no ala carte pricing on this cruise (only 3 ports). Fortunately, the unlimited package pricing will end up actually lower since the excursions were a little pricey.

The 2 Customer Service Reps were very nice and helpful, but the site was a little frustrating.

Just to clarify, have you tried to add your booking? It has never shown automatically for us. If you're booked you can add it regardless of time to embarkation. Can add not-yet-booked-but-interested-in sailings as soon as they are on the web site.

If you want to buy ship's Shore excursion or restaurant reservations directly then you'll need to get the booking available or through your T/A

Yes, I did, and that is the problem. They had one listed there with a booking number and cabin number that is NOT a cruise we have booked. But the one we do have (I have an invoice to prove it) does not accept the information. I'm going to try again today and see if the problem still exists. If so, I'll just call them tomorrow to straighten this out.

I have a fear that somewhere in the system they have a record of our booking a Far East cruise around the same time as the Lima-NYC cruise that we actually booked.

Because I sure didn't enter that Far East cruise at the Already Booked section! And I thought that I had entered the Lima cruise ...

Curioser and curioser.

Mura

It turns out the problem was self-inflicted. Somehow I misread the embarkation date on our invoice and even though I had the correct booking number the system wouldn't accept the information.

Understandably! It's all fixed now.

Mura