Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

Our family of 4 (kids 5 and 13) will be on Oasis in November 4 floors directly above you I believe #12729. Hope the noise doesn't go on too long into the night or I'll have a grumpy 5 year old all week if he doesn't get his sleep.

Thank you for doing a detailed review. We are sailing the Oasis in November and also booked Deck 8, but the ocean view balcony. I was on the fence about doing a Boardwalk view, but after reading your comments I am glad I selected the ocean view. :D

Lisa

Hello RedHeadTexan.

Well I thought I had spotted a bargain, partial sea view for the price of an interior balcony. I also thought the ability to watch Aquatheater shows without a ticket and people-watching on the Boardwalk could be fun. Just hadn't reckoned on the noise which can go on pretty late on the nights they have the diving shows. I think you made a wise decision.

megacruiser

I like the approach you are taking to this review. We've booked the TA next spring on the Allure. We have the same feeling about it as you had as we're far more used to smaller ships. However my husband is an engineer and he appreciates the marvel that the Oasis class is and me? I'm curious as all get-out for the experience. So carry on with your report! We're all eyes. :D

Our family of 4 (kids 5 and 13) will be on Oasis in November 4 floors directly above you I believe #12729. Hope the noise doesn't go on too long into the night or I'll have a grumpy 5 year old all week if he doesn't get his sleep.

Hello Sky616,

I think the latest show is over by about 11.30 and they are not every night. It might be a little less loud higher up.

Good luck!

megacruiser

I like the approach you are taking to this review. We've booked the TA next spring on the Allure. We have the same feeling about it as you had as we're far more used to smaller ships. However my husband is an engineer and he appreciates the marvel that the Oasis class is and me? I'm curious as all get-out for the experience. So carry on with your report! We're all eyes. :D

Hi dln929,

I too like smaller ships too but as one table companion at the Chef's Table said "the trouble with those six star ships is they are so boring". Bored you will never be on this class of ship and always plenty of space to escape from the crowds. Put it this way, I'd do the same cruise again next month if I had the holiday time and know that I would not be bored for one minute. It was simply amazing... but not without fault.

I have been scanning documents. Doing a report like this is new to me so it is taking time.

megacruiser

Your timing could not be more perfect. Just booked Oasis for may 31. Even though we are seasoned cruisers I am feeling a little overwhelmed by the size and all the options. Your report will be a lifesaver. Looking forward to every bit of information you will be sharing, thankyou.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

Thank you kindly, time11130. Much appreciated.

megacruiser

Megacruiser,

As others have noted, thank you very much for doing this. I know that it can be a lot of work, but your efforts will help a lot of us here.

I especially appreciate the honest critique about your cabin selection.

Thank you so much!! I'm sailing this Saturday (2/22) and this is so helpful for planning! I hope I get to see a lot more before I go. Thanks again for the work you are putting in to this!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello again anandaindonesia. Here's a clue. It's a lucky number in China. :D

Ha ha ha ....! :D

And thanks also to Miryam1234.

I re-read eveything s-l-o-w-l-y, and now I found it!

No wonder you can't take a nap without plugging you ear, megacruiser: too close to the action. Well, I hope my Allure cabin will be quiter... I'm two level up luckier than the lucky deck.

Please continue with your review. And don't worry, I read your conversation with your fans, too. Just sometimes I read too fast - too excited!

Thanks again!

Sent using Tapatalk. Sorry for typho.

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed. We don't cruise until August but I am so excited!

With all this snow we have here lately it's a wonderful escape to read your review and dream of warm weather!! (As I sit here wearing my jeans,2 heavy shirts and a throw blanket:o)

Day 1 Evening – Dinner in Opus Dining Room (MDR), Hairspray in the Opal Theatre and then Oasis of Dreams in the Aquatheater.

I had pre-booked all of the main shows and all but one evening meal. The show timings were such I had no option but to do two on the first night, otherwise it meant doing an afternoon show. I recommend pre-booking, as those who wait until boarding may have to accept bad timings or miss out altogether. The slight down side is that a lot of spontaneity is removed. It’s also easy to forget what you have booked but your daily planner displays all arranged shows and dining times and can be accessed easily on your in room TV.

As there were too many “Diamond” Crown and Anchor members on this sailing, the nightly social get together was changed from the Diamond Lounge to Blaze nightclub. I like that it lasts until 8.30, unlike Celebrity’s that ends at 7pm. All the usual offerings of hot and cold canapés and a good selection of beer, wine and house spirits (which for Gin happens to be Tanqueray, which I like) were being freely supplied and, oh boy, do they pour big measures in there. I overheard one barman joke that they like to get you “done” in one drink! If ever I wanted a second one, I had to ask for it to be a very small one. Interestingly, although “top shelf” spirits are not part of the hospitality, the spirits on the top shelf were the ones you had to choose from.:D

DSCF4295_zps273bd47b.jpg

The latest MyTime dining slot available pre-cruise was 5.45 but I managed to secure a change by going to the Maitre D’ in the afternoon and was given a 7.15 slot. Hairspray was showing only once today at 8.45pm and it is a 90-minute show. Then a bit of a rush to the Aquatheater for the Oasis of Dream show at 10.45.

MyTime dining is served on the top level of the Opus Dining Room on Deck 5: Decks 3 and 4 are for traditional fixed seating dining. I like the dining room atmosphere, especially the lighting at night, although hardly ideal for food photography. There is not however the sense of scale to be found on Voyager Class dining rooms and I think this could be because the central well running from top to bottom is much narrower. So it feels a tad more intimate.

As for the meal itself I thought for main dining room food it was pretty ok; and in fact the Prime Rib was excellent, better than the Filet Mignon in Chops Grille… but more on that later.

SCAN0001_zps56caa90b.jpg

SCAN0002_zps5636a013.jpg

oasisday2069_zps2a33edc6.jpg

Off then to the Opal Theatre and the full blown musical, Hairspray. An announcement made at the start prohibited all photography even without flash. I guess that it’s a copyright issue as it is not a Royal Caribbean original production. So the only picture I took was of the backdrop on the stage before the show started.

JanFeb14129_zps0207dc39.jpg

I was not familiar with Hairspray and only recognised one song I think. It was a slow burner for me, but the tempo built up and the characters became very likeable and I really enjoyed it. I will add that it is the most professional production I have seen on any ship and surely the equal of some of the best Las Vegas and the like has to offer.

Day5Oasis082_zps74935ee4.jpg

Off then to the Aquatheater for Oasis of Dreams, a water show featuring acrobatics, synchronised swimming and high diving into a specially deep pool. Very enjoyable and they have done well to make a show of this nature so entertaining. A bit surprising in the same way the Ice Shows were when first introduced.

JanFeb14162_zps5f918795.jpg

JanFeb14173_zpsbfb71973.jpg

JanFeb14157_zpsb9f15359.jpg]

JanFeb14134_zpse8818fc2.jpg

JanFeb14180_zps768bc2e5.jpg

That’s it for Day 1. Again I ask for your patience as I work on Day 2, highlight of which was Dinner at the Chef’s Table. Thanks for reading and especially to those who expressed an interest in what I am attempting to do.