Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

I found your thread late last night Megacruiser. I'm blaming you for a sleepless night as I just couldn't stop reading. It's now 7.30am. :eek:

OMG - that was an absolutely fabulous review. I'd love to say that we booked Oasis on your review. Had I seen it earlier then we wouldn't have spent a month deciding which transatlantic to book. I'm SO pleased we booked Oasis for our 1st cruise together 2 weeks ago (just 7.5 weeks to go YIPPEE!). The only cruise I've done before was down the Nile - fascinating but the ship obviously wasn't the main attraction.

My mouth has been watering all night, I'm drooling now - naughty man! We'd decided we were going to do Chops. However, after your brilliant write up we've both decided we can cook wonderful Aberdeen Angus ourselves and no guessing where we'll be going instead. Lunches we thought Windjammer BUT then we saw what the MDR has to offer.

THANK-YOU so much for opening our eyes. I know we're going to enjoy this cruise MUCH more thanks to all the time and effort you've put into this mega review. I'm not going to be following you, I'm going to be stalking you on here from now on to see which ship to sail on next.

Neither of us particularly like being in crowds so we booked an ocean view to get away from everyone if we needed to. Both of us love being near the ocean and curling up with a book/kindle. I have a very strong feeling that we're going to enjoy this cruise much more than we thought we were.

Thank you once again for a brilliant review, for all the pictures and the menus etc. etc. You're a star!

Taramara,

I heard if you are in a suite, you may order room service from the restaurant menu. Don't know for sure.

We had a Grand Suite on Allure and ordered from the full MDR menu and ate in the room twice. Hubby had a bad knee unexpectedly and it really helped that he didn't have to walk down and back.

Just read the whole thread.

Very well done!!!!!!

You really put a lot of time into posting of your pictures and provided a nice report.

Thank You.

Put it in my favorites list, August of 2015 is a longggggg way off:eek:

Thanks again.

Sea Ya

Thank you megacruiser. Just found your review and read it thru getting nothing done the last two days. We are going on the TA on Oasis Sept 1st so have the wonderful pleasure of 10 straight days to enjoy the ship before arriving at our first port. It gives true meaning to "the ship is the destination". Learned an awful lot thanks to you.

Me too! We're only a week away. Can't wait. Just on my last shift at work so it feels like my holiday starts tomorrow :-D We're going to Orlando for 4 days first and catching the Deep Purple gig at Hard Rock Live!

Once again, an excellent review. So glad I managed to read this again before leaving. Thank you so much x

"I highly recommend Total Wine if you plan to take the permitted two bottles when boarding. It is a large wine and spirits supermarket with a vast selection. I was also able to buy Schweppes Slimline Tonic and I did notice they also stock Fever Tree mixers"

Great thread, absolutely brilliant and informative.

I note that you took on aboard some non alcoholic drinks with your 2 bottles of wine, I assume that if I took sparkling or still water in my carry-ons than they are not likely to be confiscated by security!

... I assume that if I took sparkling or still water in my carry-ons than they are not likely to be confiscated by security!

You are usually fine to bring on soda and water, but just be aware that it is against the rules should they choose to enforce them.

Just a quick note to let you know that, although this review was created some time ago, it lives on as a source of excitement and anticipation for new cruisers!

I binge-read this review, in its entirety, just this afternoon. I'll be taking my first RCI cruises on an Oasis B2B vacation next March. I already feel well prepared with the many tips and recommendations from the extensive knowledge you've shared with us.

Thanks so much, cheers!

Just a quick note to let you know that, although this review was created some time ago, it lives on as a source of excitement and anticipation for new cruisers!

I binge-read this review, in its entirety, just this afternoon. I'll be taking my first RCI cruises on an Oasis B2B vacation next March. I already feel well prepared with the many tips and recommendations from the extensive knowledge you've shared with us.

Thanks so much, cheers!

I loved this review too...just don't get too attached to any of the Dining tips or menus. We're booked on the Oasis in March 2015, and have just had a rather bad shock...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2092946

I loved this review too...just don't get too attached to any of the Dining tips or menus. We're booked on the Oasis in March 2015, and have just had a rather bad shock...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2092946

Yes, I have heard a little about this, thank you.

I guess the upside of being a first time Royal cruiser is that I have a clean slate for dining experiences (other than what info I get from reviews, haha). Plus I still have time to read the comments and reviews on Dynamic Dining to get an idea of what will be different from what I know at this point.

I found your thread late last night Megacruiser. I'm blaming you for a sleepless night as I just couldn't stop reading. It's now 7.30am. :eek:

OMG - that was an absolutely fabulous review. I'd love to say that we booked Oasis on your review. Had I seen it earlier then we wouldn't have spent a month deciding which transatlantic to book. I'm SO pleased we booked Oasis for our 1st cruise together 2 weeks ago (just 7.5 weeks to go YIPPEE!). The only cruise I've done before was down the Nile - fascinating but the ship obviously wasn't the main attraction.

My mouth has been watering all night, I'm drooling now - naughty man! We'd decided we were going to do Chops. However, after your brilliant write up we've both decided we can cook wonderful Aberdeen Angus ourselves and no guessing where we'll be going instead. Lunches we thought Windjammer BUT then we saw what the MDR has to offer.

THANK-YOU so much for opening our eyes. I know we're going to enjoy this cruise MUCH more thanks to all the time and effort you've put into this mega review. I'm not going to be following you, I'm going to be stalking you on here from now on to see which ship to sail on next.

Neither of us particularly like being in crowds so we booked an ocean view to get away from everyone if we needed to. Both of us love being near the ocean and curling up with a book/kindle. I have a very strong feeling that we're going to enjoy this cruise much more than we thought we were.

Thank you once again for a brilliant review, for all the pictures and the menus etc. etc. You're a star!

Thanks so much for the enthusiastic feedback.

So I guess you are on the Westbound Transatlantic after the "dry dock". I would love 13 days on Oasis, as 7 days just flew by; plenty of sea days to have lunch in the MDR ;). Have a wonderful voyage...

I know you are concerned about crowding. So be prepared for the likelihood that prior to reaching warm weather, with more passengers corralled indoors, it may feel rather crowded. Don't panic; that will pass as the weather warms up. Forewarned is forearmed!

The Bay of Biscay in October is seldom kind enough to permit more than a bracing open-deck stroll, far less unfettered sunbathing opportunities. :) So if there is any pre-bookable daytime entertainment on Day 2, I suggest booking it now, if still available. Failing that, consider heading up to the Viking Crown Lounge and enjoy the ship's best views out to sea. This presupposes that it hasn't by then been converted to the Concierge Lounge, as recently rumoured...

As September looms, light at last appears at the end of the unfathomably long tunnel that leads to my next cruise on Queen Elizabeth in October. It seems that with each year and each cruise that passes, my fixation on getting my next "fix" intensifies... Be warned; cruising can be addictive. :)

Kind regards

megacruiser

Just read the whole thread.

Very well done!!!!!!

You really put a lot of time into posting of your pictures and provided a nice report.

Thank You.

Put it in my favorites list, August of 2015 is a longggggg way off:eek:

Thanks again.

Sea Ya

Thank you kindly. Looks like there will be quite a few changes by the time you sail. Should be interesting and I'll pass my verdict on Dynamic Dining in February when I post my review of Quantum.

Regards

megacruiser

Thank you kindly. Looks like there will be quite a few changes by the time you sail. Should be interesting and I'll pass my verdict on Dynamic Dining in February when I post my review of Quantum.

Regards

megacruiser

:) Great to hear - already looking forward to it!

Have you made your dinner reservations? Interested in where you will be going - I have Quantum scheduled for June and already have all of my dining selected. Hoping you will be going to Wonderland and Jamie's Italian.

:) Great to hear - already looking forward to it!

Have you made your dinner reservations? Interested in where you will be going - I have Quantum scheduled for June and already have all of my dining selected. Hoping you will be going to Wonderland and Jamie's Italian.

Hello again. I have booked both; and aim to try all the others... Can't say I am overly excited about Jamie's Italian Kitchen, based on the reputation of his chain here in the UK. I hope he realises he will have to raise his game and can't merely rely on his TV persona; especially when catering on a cruise ship to a very international clientele, most of whom barely know his name.

On the other hand I have a very good feeling about Wonderland; I reckon it could become the hottest reservation at sea and hence have booked it twice... As always, the proof of the pudding is (or will be) in the eating; and rest assured I will be giving my honest opinion in my review upon my return.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Hello again. I have booked both; and aim to try all the others... Can't say I am overly excited about Jamie's Italian Kitchen, based on the reputation of his chain here in the UK. I hope he realises he will have to raise his game and can't merely rely on his TV persona; especially when catering on a cruise ship to a very international clientele, most of whom barely know his name.

On the other hand I have a very good feeling about Wonderland; I reckon it could become the hottest reservation at sea and hence have booked it twice... As always, the proof of the pudding is (or will be) in the eating; and rest assured I will be giving my honest opinion in my review upon my return.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Excellent! I too have Wonderland booked twice, although most of the menus look great (and who's to say they won't change by the time I get there).

Thank you so much Megacruiser for all your info and photos of the Allure. We have cruised before a few times but decided that next year we would introduce our grown up family to cruising. We decided to go big and hence the reason for choosing the Allure of the Seas plus the fact that I will be celebrating a special birthday next year. Once booked there are many questions you would like answers to and you have managed to do that. We stay not too far away from you, in Livingston, and look forward to seeing any further posts you might have on this ship. Thanks - Freida

Edited by harburn
in such a rush - didn't read your review property - thought it was about the Allure. Sorry.

Thanks so much, cheers!

That's the first time I have heard that expression. I binge-watched Breaking Bad, The Good Wife and The Shield on Netflix, but never thought there was a similar expression to cover reading long reviews on the internet... So glad you found my review helpful. Thanks for the feedback.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Kind regards

megacruiser

He won't be doing the actual cooking, will he? I thought they were just using his name and concept.

The Food Channel had a couple of his shows a few years ago. I enjoyed them, especially the Farm-to-Table ideas he had. I haven't kept up with him in the last few years so I don't know where this Italian concept came from for him.

He won't be doing the actual cooking, will he? I thought they were just using his name and concept.

The Food Channel had a couple of his shows a few years ago. I enjoyed them, especially the Farm-to-Table ideas he had. I haven't kept up with him in the last few years so I don't know where this Italian concept came from for him.

I actually like Jamie Oliver and have watched much of his TV food programming in the UK. I admire what he has tried to do to improve the nutritional value of food served to school children; who can forget the "turkey twizzlers" that used to be on offer...

He originally trained under esteemed chefs in Italian restaurants and I believe that's where his love for Italian food originates. I just hope he ensures that the food served at sea is of a high standard. Concepts are all very well but, for me, it is the food on the plate that matters most; not simply the novelty of dining somewhere that has his name attached to it. Having said that I will go with an open mind and hope to be impressed.

Regards

megacruiser

Thanks so much for posting some drink menus. We are considering the "Beer and Wine" drink package. Is it still "wine - up to $8 per glass"? The menus only show one red wine (Shiraz) at $7 and all the rest are $9. Are $8 glasses of red wine available?