Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

Hi

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for this wonderful blog. I have been searching CC for some of the answers and stumbled across this blog which answers most of my questions. Very very very much appreciated and thanks for all the time you have put in

Mrsdibs

Many thanks for taking the time to comment.

Regards

megacruiser

Hi Megacruiser,

Just wanted to say a very big THANK YOU for your review on Oasis. It has made it a must do cruise for me in the future. As others have already said it is the best review I have ever seen on any cruise review. :)

I am looking forward to your review on Quantum of the Seas as I will be going on Anthem in her September 28th Sunshine in the Canaries Cruise.

Also I have been on Epic as well so will read your review to bring back the good memories of that cruise.

Thanks again for all your hard work,

take care,

Mark. :)

Hello Mark,

Many thanks for your kind words. I will be on the same Anthem sailing as you and much as Quantum Class ships have a lot of potential, I don't believe they leave the Oasis Class in their wake. I hope to sail on both classes in years to come, including Allure and Harmony (Oasis 3) and Ovation.

Kind regards

megacruiser

• 3 weeks later...

For those who are also interested in how the competition is faring, I am now about half way through my Norwegian Getaway review. I do draw some comparisons in the review. Norwegian has certainly reinvented itself since I sailed with them 7 or 8 years ago, when I found them to rather bland, bordering on mediocre. Not any longer. Lots of food photos - including a vastly superior Chef's Table...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2171334

When the Getaway review is complete, I will move on to reviewing the Quantum cruise, which I boarded immediately after the Getaway sailing.

megacruiser: AWESOME POST! We've been wanting to go on Oasis since it's maiden voyage and we are now booked in a Cental Park balcony for the 10/31 sailing this year. I've looked through your posts and saw the pictures of the Champagne Bar, but I didn't see a drink menu. We haven't been on a cruise in 5yrs and we just booked the Premium Drink Package. You don't happen to have a picture of the drink menu in the Champagne Bar do you?

Thanks so much!

Thanks for this wonderful review - had to read it all over 2 days so no housework done during this time! We are following your Getaway review as sailing on her this October when I spotted your Oasis review. We've just booked to go on Harmony of the Seas (our first Oasis class) transatlantic in October 2016 so have read this review to whet our appetite and looking forward to reading your Quantum review soon too (however do you find the time but a big THANK YOU).

• 1 month later...

Megacruiser!! There are no words to explain how much I LOVE this review. What you have done on here with your descriptive words, beautiful pictures, handy tips and reviews of everything, is nothing short of incredible!!!! I read each and every word of this (well, I am only on page 38) and love it all.

I know I am over a year too late finding your review, but really, it is never too late to read this! I will continue reading until the end. Thank you so much for doing this!!! :D

Holly

Thanks so much to take time to do all this for us folks that love to cruise. On the premium drinks package it say's frozen cocktails so does that mean normal cocktails as well eg: Mojito's Golden Dreams, Margaritas etc or just frozen bit confused. We booked on a special where the premium package was included and as we love to drink (Aussies) it should pay for itself :) Cheers in advance

Thanks so much to take time to do all this for us folks that love to cruise. On the premium drinks package it say's frozen cocktails so does that mean normal cocktails as well eg: Mojito's Golden Dreams, Margaritas etc or just frozen bit confused. We booked on a special where the premium package was included and as we love to drink (Aussies) it should pay for itself :) Cheers in advance

Yes, the Premium package includes both frozen and non-frozen cocktails, up to the package limit on price.

Our family of 4 (kids 5 and 13) will be on Oasis in November 4 floors directly above you I believe #12729. Hope the noise doesn't go on too long into the night or I'll have a grumpy 5 year old all week if he doesn't get his sleep.

THANKS so much for this photo filled and detailed review!

We always stay on floor 14 on Boardwalk, just under the mini golf layout. While the noise from shows, movies, parties could be heard from the balcony, once we shut our door, we were quite.

megacruiser: AWESOME POST! We've been wanting to go on Oasis since it's maiden voyage and we are now booked in a Cental Park balcony for the 10/31 sailing this year. I've looked through your posts and saw the pictures of the Champagne Bar, but I didn't see a drink menu. We haven't been on a cruise in 5yrs and we just booked the Premium Drink Package. You don't happen to have a picture of the drink menu in the Champagne Bar do you?

Thanks so much!

Many thanks for your kind comment. Sorry, I don't have the Champagne Bar drinks list.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I truly appreciate all the time and effort you put into this masterpiece.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Thanks for this wonderful review - had to read it all over 2 days so no housework done during this time! We are following your Getaway review as sailing on her this October when I spotted your Oasis review. We've just booked to go on Harmony of the Seas (our first Oasis class) transatlantic in October 2016 so have read this review to whet our appetite and looking forward to reading your Quantum review soon too (however do you find the time but a big THANK YOU).

Thank you so much for your kind comment. I too am booked on Harmony, but for September 2016 ex-Barcelona.

As regards my pending Quantum review, I have been sidetracked by work issues. With her heading soon to China I think I'll do a less detailed condensed version, which may be of help to those considering booking Anthem.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Nice review! I am having the same reservations about the big ship and everyone running for the pool deck on at sea days. Subscribing so I can read over the next couple of days. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Many thanks for commenting.

Megacruiser!! There are no words to explain how much I LOVE this review. What you have done on here with your descriptive words, beautiful pictures, handy tips and reviews of everything, is nothing short of incredible!!!! I read each and every word of this (well, I am only on page 38) and love it all.

I know I am over a year too late finding your review, but really, it is never too late to read this! I will continue reading until the end. Thank you so much for doing this!!! :D

Holly

Thank you so much for your enthusiasm. So glad you have enjoyed it and that it proves helpful.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Thanks for commenting, and to clarea for answering your question.

Kind regards

megacruiser

An excellently prepared and carried out review with terrific photos.

You should be proud of the job you've done.:)

Will give future cruisers an excellent idea of what to expect.

Thanks. It's very kind of you to say so.

Kind regards

megacruiser

THANKS so much for this photo filled and detailed review!

We always stay on floor 14 on Boardwalk, just under the mini golf layout. While the noise from shows, movies, parties could be heard from the balcony, once we shut our door, we were quite.

Thanks for the tip about higher floors and for commenting.

Kind regards

megacruiser

I know you traveled on this ship and wrote the review a year ago but I just wanted to let you know it is still being read and helping people. I've just booked on Oasis for Jan 2016 and you've answered a lot of my questions. I'm extra glad now that my cabin is on Deck 8 :) and the drinks price lists have helped me decide that a drinks package is worth it for me. I'm sure I will be referring back to this review in the months that come. I'm another first time cruiser and travelling solo so have really enjoyed your experience.

Was it awkward dining alone in any of the specialty restaurants? Any recommendations for solo cruisers?

I didn't find that dining alone was awkward in the specialty restaurants or elsewhere.

If I weren't taking photos I would have preferred to interact with fellow passengers at meal times. Not a problem if using the complimentary restaurants - just ask the greeter to be seated with others...