Breeze/Magic/Dream Price differences

MandaHud

Hey y'all. I've been reading the boards for a few weeks now. This is my first post, only because I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere before.

I have booked my family of 4 in a balcony cabin on the magic sailing June 29, 2014.

Looking at carnival's fare viewer, the price is now $4116.00 for the Magic.

I also looked at the Breeze and the Dream for the same sailing.

I think they both had the same ports, maybe a different order?

But the prices were extremely cheaper than the magic.

Breeze $3156

Dream $3316

Can anyone shed any light on why the fares are so much more expensive for the Magic?

Thanks.

Part of the price would be distance; Magic likely travels further thus burns more fuel, but the larger part would be demand; Demand determines the price and the bean counters know what weeks, ships, ports will sell better or worse. Supply must also be considered; Breeze competes with several Carnival brand ships as well as a few dozen offerings by other lines out of the same port.

Pricing on ships is demand driven and has little to do with places visited.

Galveston is very popular in the summer and Florida not so much. That is why so many relocate to Europe or elsewhere.

Also the two boats you quoted are older ships.

Prices should be more competitive than usual in Galveston this summer as RCL is leaving their Navigator there.

I would look at their pricing on this ship as it is just out of dry dock and superior to the Carnival product in a lot of ways.

Also the two boats you quoted are older ships.

Actually these are the three newest Carnival ships (discounting the retrofitted Destiny/Sunshine).

Surprisingly, they do charge more for the newest ship because people are willing to pay more for the newest ship that they haven't been on yet. That and the newest one always seems to be more popular.

Me too! I looked at the navigator of the seas for that week. It does have the same ports but a family of 4 balcony on it is only 3556. I thought royal Caribbean was supposed to be more expensive than carnival, not $700 cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me too! I looked at the navigator of the seas for that week. It does have the same ports but a family of 4 balcony on it is only 3556. I thought royal Caribbean was supposed to be more expensive than carnival, not $700 cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have often found RCCL to be cheaper than Carnival out of Galveston. RCCL suites also often price the same or cheaper than Carnival's and they come with some really nice perks. People often make statements on here about RCCL pricing and clearly they have no clue what they are talking about. Princess pricing this winter has also been very competitive.