COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

This won't be like the last thread I did, but will instead be 90-day Countdown thread to her Maiden Voyage to try and consolidate all the media releases, news, and images that we find of REGAL PRINCESS between now and May 20th, 2014.

So, let the Countdown begin!!! :D

Here are the most recent images of Regal Princess taken earlier this month:

12532281363_b6dfe1dab8_c.jpg

12532282433_ecb6918318_c.jpg

(Credit pictures to Alberto Marchesi)

Regal Princess is currently in dry dock at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy being outfitted with a replacement rudder and getting her hull cleaned prior to her Sea Trails...

12657983143_e7fd88e261.jpg

More to come as any new information is released!

:D

So good to be back with you on your "following the construction" type thread, David! I'm excited!!

Hi Dave,

I actually read through the whole Royal thread the past couple of days!! I was looking for info that I knew was in there. What a wonderful and useful thread it was and still is.

We will wait to cruise on the Regal but are very excited to be doing 20 days on the Royal in 2015. It was all I could do when we were on the Grand in January to not constantly compare the ships.

Looking forward to more on the Regal.

Cheers, Denise

Hi Dave,

It is good to "see" you back.

I was wondering how long it was going to take before you got this thread going.... LOL.

I know it will never compare to the "Royal" thread, but I am sure that it will give plenty of very useful information to everyone on CC.

Again, Welcome back, my friend.

Joe

Hi Dave,

I was wondering how long it was going to take before you got this thread going.... LOL.

I know it will never compare to the "Royal" thread, but I am sure that it will give plenty of very useful information to everyone on CC.

Joe

Hey Dude!

Yes a great thread!!

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Hi Dave,

Joe

Well, if it isn't "Hulk Hogan!" How the heck are ya, Joe? So good to see you on the board again! I've missed my Royal friends a lot. I'm on the Regal for the Maiden and b2b this coming November 6 & 9, so I'm here picking up what ever info I can! Sure would like you and Amelia to join our roll calls for the Regal. Think that might happen?? We can regain our seats at Crooners, and maybe get our signs back! :D

Be well, my friend. So good to see you again!!

Here's a link to Princess' set of Regal Princess photos on Flickr...

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjSTXFaa

THANKS for posting this link. Her interiors seem to be progressing nicely!

Dave, Somewhat off topic :o but have you noticed the design differences between the Royal/Regal and Britannia on the aft portion of the Lido, Sun and Sports decks? On Britannia they are cantilevered out and there will be much more deck space around the aft "pool" for lounge chairs similar to the Grand class ships around the Terrace Pool. In addition to adding the aft "pool" it would have been nice if that feature could have been incorporated into the Regal.

Hi Brian,

The aft decks of Britannia do look nice. But there should be plenty of room back there on Regal Princess for lots of loungers as well since that aft pool isn't all that big. It will be interesting to see if the aft pool area will butt up against the Pelicans play area that stretches down the port side of that aft deck. This is the same area on Royal Princess, and this is just the part that wasn't shaded...

11579960183_7ba7675cfc_c.jpg

11579748975_6568a7d908_c.jpg

11205421645_8a64984d58_c.jpg

Thanks Dave! Only 192 days to go for me!

When she begins her Maiden Voyage (and when this thread ends ;)) you'll be in the Two Digit Countdown! :D

Question:

What was done to solve the soot issue? Are the stacks different?

Stacks are the same. No news on how they are handling the soot issue. :(

Dave,

Thanking you in advance for all the work you will put in on this Regal thread.

Woohoo! Another fun thread full of neat photos and facts awaits us !

Thx,

Sue

Hi Sue!

Hope you and your sister are well. This thread won't nearly be as comprehensive as the last one since we already have an idea of what the interiors will look like. There may be some minor differences, and it will be fun to see what those area.

:D

Thanks Dave for doing this. I will be on the first 2 Carib sailings in Nov. and look forward to your news and updates.

Sali

I'm sure you, and all of those 'nuts' on your Roll Calls, will have a LOT of fun! Larry will make sure of that. ;)

So good to be back with you on your "following the construction" type thread, David! I'm excited!!

I wish I could be on the cruises with all of you, that would even make it MORE exciting! You'll no doubt still have an amazing time on Regal Princess. Can't wait to hear all about it, and it's still over eights months away!

What a fantastic itinerary!

Hopefully we'll get some LIVE threads from those on the Maiden Voyage and inaugural Grand Med cruises. :D

Thanks for taking on this project again Dave!:D

I had so much fun during that first thread, figured we could all do this again for Regal Princess. So many people helped contribute with information, and the whole atmosphere was congenial and wonderful. So many nice people out there!

Thanks for the link to the construction photos of the Regal. I was wondering when we'd finally get to see something.

I'm hoping all of those links I used the first time around will produce some decent pictures for us on Regal Princess as well.

Thanks for all the info :)

It will be a quite weekend, so hopefully next week we'll get more pictures and info of her if she leaves for Sea Trials.

Great Dave - so enjoyed your Royal thread, now I can look forward to this Regal one. Thanks!

89 Days to go before she sails with her first paying passengers. Wish I could be one of them.

Hi Dave,

I actually read through the whole Royal thread the past couple of days!! I was looking for info that I knew was in there. What a wonderful and useful thread it was and still is.

We will wait to cruise on the Regal but are very excited to be doing 20 days on the Royal in 2015. It was all I could do when we were on the Grand in January to not constantly compare the ships.

Looking forward to more on the Regal.

Cheers, Denise

The original 'Everything' thread was incredibly labor intensive, and since it was all still brand new, it was a challenge getting all of the data and pictures.

Hopefully it will be easier this time around. :D

Hi Dave,

Joe

THANKS Joe for the kind words. I'm sure we'll be able to cruise Regal Princess in the future, but like you, it won't be this year for me either. Hopefully I'll know by this summer if I can nail down a sail date.

Dave - any chance you'll be on the Inaugural Caribbean (11/6) and/or the b2b 11/9. Sure hope so - would love to meet you.

It would be wonderful to meet everyone on the 11/6 sailing, but right now I'm still aiming for a repeat B2B in December 2015. So, unfortunately, nothing for me this year. :(