Zuiderdam cabin question

Starbright

We're thjnking of booking a cruise on the Zuiderdam next year to celebrate my retirement. We can't afford to splash out on a suite or anything like that!

We're looking at a VF category cabin. Anybody know what these are like? They look fine in the brochure and on the Holland America site.

I'm sorry I can't help you with that particular cabin type, but I will tell you that my husband and I went on the Z last summer in the absolute cheapest cabin we could get -- an inside guarantee. We were in J8118 and it was TEENSY, but we didn't care because we were always out at the pool or in the Hydro Suite or doing something equally fun.

I tell you this to let you know that I'm sure you'll be very happy in your chosen level of cabin, because even though our room was small, it was extremely nice and we were thoroughly satisfied with the rest of the Zuiderdam experience.

Happy Retirement!

Rebeccah

Starbright,

I don't think you can go wrong with a veranda cabin!:D

I do know there are some veranda cabins near the front on the ship that have solid metal, instead of clear lucite along the balcony edges. You can tell by a small diamond-shaped symbol (orangish color code) If it were me, I'd avoid those cabins. It's nice to see a clear view from your cabin.

We board the Zuiderdam in a few days, but we were on its sister ship, the Oosterdam, in Feb. Beautiful ship! You'll love the veranda!:)

Archived