Royal Marina Deck Cabin Noise?

Av8tor

With the search function inop, I'm afraid I'll have to ask this without looking if it's been discussed before...

Going on Regal's maiden voyage and was wondering if any previous Royal passengers could tell me if any noise from the pool deck or Horizon Court above on Lido deck bothered them? I'm trying to decide between two MC mini-suites (M402 or M516).

Thanks

Horrible noise below Horizon Court. Worst I've ever experienced. It's as though there's no sound insulation. Banging, carts wheeling, silverware clanging starting at 3am all day and until late at night. First choice would be any deck other than Marina but given your options, I'd go with M402. My sister was in M525 and I was in M611; both were very, very noisy.

:mad:

We are sailing 4/6/14 (soon) and I was not aware of this noise issue.

Both of us are light sleepers so I can see this is going to be a major

problem with this cabin directly under the HB.

I think its too late to switch cabins?

Any thoughts HELP please :eek:

I am a light sleeper. I had customized ear plugs made for me by my audiologist. I used the foam ones for years and they were not all that effective. The new ones made for my ear canals are wonderful. I don't hear a thing when I use them. They were about $ 80.00 but well worth it!

I'd also try to move the cabin if at all possible.

We always check the deck plan above us before choosing a cabin. ;)
I always check as well but when I booked the Royal shortly after bookings were opened, it was 100% sold out, no GTY left and only a long waitlist. I started out at 104 on the list for all categories. My sister started out at about 340 on the waitlist. I accepted what was offered and thought that being under the carpeted area and tables, it wouldn't be too bad. I was wrong.

I always check as well but when I booked the Royal shortly after bookings were opened, it was 100% sold out, no GTY left and only a long waitlist. I started out at 104 on the list for all categories. My sister started out at about 340 on the waitlist. I accepted what was offered and thought that being under the carpeted area and tables, it wouldn't be too bad. I was wrong.

We have a sideways inside on the Lido deck in October. Like you, I am feeling it cant be too bad. Looking above me is the retreat pool. I think we are ok. The location gets us to the popular areas very quickly. ;)

Edited by janetz

Horrible noise below Horizon Court. Worst I've ever experienced. It's as though there's no sound insulation. Banging, carts wheeling, silverware clanging starting at 3am all day and until late at night. First choice would be any deck other than Marina but given your options, I'd go with M402. My sister was in M525 and I was in M611; both were very, very noisy.

We just got off the Crown a week ago. Had the last balcony aft port side R746. It was a great room. The only problems with noise we got on that ship was our room steward shaking his plastic bag open and the inconsiderate neighbors who found it necessary to have their door slam shut each time the entered or left! Why can't they hold it till it is close to shutting and eliminate the noise? I really thought I would get noise from the door to the aft pool and buffet above- but nothing!

So, it is really that different on the Royal, Pam? I will keep that in mind if we book on the Royal.

So, it is really that different on the Royal, Pam? I will keep that in mind if we book on the Royal.
I thought so as I wasn't the only one experiencing very loud noise. I figured I'd hear vacuuming and maybe chairs being moved since according to the deck plans, I was underneath tables. The noise was very loud and far more than ordinary noise with crashes that started at 3am every morning. It sometimes sounded like someone had dropped an entire drawer of silverware over my head. Lots of banging that sounded like chairs or tables being picked up and slammed down. IMHO, there didn't appear to be any sound insulation.

Thanks everyone. I don't want to have to wear ear plugs on my vacation! I'm so worried about noise from Lido deck above that I changed my cabin back to Dolphin deck sandwiched between two other decks of passenger cabins....

Thank you for all your opinions, you obviously have good experience on many cruise lines, I do sail a lot, especially on Princess & going on MSC again after a # of years & your comments were very helpful. Will be on Royal again 3/30 & returning to MSC in April, I thought in the past we were able to take on water as we need for medical reasons to have salt free but you say you its not allowed. I`ve sailed a # of times on MSC & can`t remember the experience.

Thank you for all your opinions, you obviously have good experience on many cruise lines, I do sail a lot, especially on Princess & going on MSC again after a # of years & your comments were very helpful. Will be on Royal again 3/30 & returning to MSC in April, I thought in the past we were able to take on water as we need for medical reasons to have salt free but you say you its not allowed. I`ve sailed a # of times on MSC & can`t remember the experience.

I thought Princess did allow water to be brought on? Has that changed? A couple od years ago we handed the luggage porter a 24 pack with a cabin tag on it and it was fine. :)

Edited by janetz

How about M307? It's further towards the bow, right near the Trident Grill. Or under it....

Check this out. You can really get an idea of what is around you. Just hit the + when it appears, to make the page bigger.

http://www.dancingatsea.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/PC_Royal_deckplan.pdf

Edited by janetz

Will be on Royal again 3/30 & returning to MSC in April, I thought in the past we were able to take on water as we need for medical reasons to have salt free but you say you its not allowed. I`ve sailed a # of times on MSC & can`t remember the experience.
I've never said you can't bring water on a Princess ship. :( You can bring cases if you want. Just slap a luggage tag on the case and it'll be delivered to your cabin.

Thanks everyone

Treesha, Thanks

That's good to hear

We will be in 608 so I will pick up some ears plugs to be on the safe side and hope the carpet from the HB helps eliminate some of the noise.

Sometimes a great deal on a cabin may or may

{not be such a great deal after all}

but it is a vacation with no cell phones and no work and I my wife and I are ready!!!!!!!

6 weeks and counting

:cool:

HK

I thought so as I wasn't the only one experiencing very loud noise. I figured I'd hear vacuuming and maybe chairs being moved since according to the deck plans, I was underneath tables. The noise was very loud and far more than ordinary noise with crashes that started at 3am every morning. It sometimes sounded like someone had dropped an entire drawer of silverware over my head. Lots of banging that sounded like chairs or tables being picked up and slammed down. IMHO, there didn't appear to be any sound insulation.

Pam, we are going to try an inside aft cabin on the Grand on the Aloha deck (to see if we can live together like that and still talk to one another!) I was looking at the plans and it looks like we will have a wood floor patio for the buffet just above us. I wonder if ear plugs will be needed for a room in this area? Have you heard of anyone having troubles in that area?

Pam, we are going to try an inside aft cabin on the Grand on the Aloha deck (to see if we can live together like that and still talk to one another!) I was looking at the plans and it looks like we will have a wood floor patio for the buffet just above us. I wonder if ear plugs will be needed for a room in this area? Have you heard of anyone having troubles in that area?
I honestly don't know. Haven't been on the Grand since she was relatively new. Never say never but as of now, I'll never book another cabin under public deck or buffet areas ever again. I'd bring ear plugs for "just in case."

I honestly don't know. Haven't been on the Grand since she was relatively new. Never say never but as of now, I'll never book another cabin under public deck or buffet areas ever again. I'd bring ear plugs for "just in case."

They are always packed! ;)