Sign & Sail card at Sunset Beach

FEDJAN

Hi,

I have read many reviews about Sunset Beach at Montego Bay. Sounds like a good deal and a fun experience. Several of the reviews state that they (Sunset Beach) take your Sign and Sail card upon entry. Why do they take your S&S card? They charge $20 and I believe you pay up front, so why take the card? What if they lose it? I know, I worry too much. I've asked this questions on other boards. The practice has been verified, but the reason has been elusive. Anyone know why? Thanks

I don't know for sure why but here goes. They take your sign an sail card and hold it until you leave because then they know for sure that the daily guests have left. Security holds it in an envelope w/your family name on it. You collect it at the Security hut on your way out. I'm sure it really is just so they can keep track of the one-day pass guests. Nothing sinister here. We did this in June and didn't have any problem.

I agree - not a problem for us in April. Well worth the $20 to spend the day on the beach with drinks & food. Three beach areas to visit - family beach, top optional beach & nude beach at the far right end past the beach bar.

It wasn't a problem for us in MArch either. I would have been unnerved had that happened and I wasn't expecting it. Husband didn't like the idea at all, but all was well, and it was well worth it to spend tthe day there. Just be prepared for your cab driver wanting to show you the "real" Jamaica - up in the mountains, how the people really live etc....We declined that offer.

We went and left our cruise I.D. card at Sunset Beach Resort's front desk and there was no problem for us either. The place is well worth it!:D From what I've heard, it sounds like they've had problems with cruisers losing their cruise I.D. cards while out on the beach. Without your cruise I.D. card it's very, very hard to get back on the ship. And many times the ship is delayed while they verify who you are, especially if you don't have your driver's license on you and they have to go to your cabin to retrieve it. I am more than happy to leave my cruise I.D. card at the front desk with the manager for safe keeping. At least that way I know for sure that I won't lose it while out on the beach. I think they are just making sure that we don't lose it and blame them or talk of our bad experience at their establishment. They are not only protecting themselves and their reputation, but they are also protecting us, too.;)

Archived