Crown Princess Question Calif Coastal

gr1634

Anyone know what nights are "formal nights" on Crown Princess for the 7 day Calif coastal cruise out of LA? Was just on the phone with Princess and he couldn't tell me. We are doing our first Princess cruise on this one. Have about 25 previous cruises on Carnival and RCL. Looking forward to something new and different.

Any thoughts on moving from Carnival to Princess appreciated.

Thanks

GR

The Crown won't be here on the West Coast for a couple of months so I imagine that's why the CSR didn't have an answer. I would think that the two formal nights will be on sea days and not on the first or last night, just as with most cruises.

When you first get to your cabin, the first day Patter will summarize the dinner schedule for your cruise and tell you which nights are formal and which ones are smart casual. In the meantime, I wouldn't concern myself with it.

Our first several cruises were on Carnival, and once we took our first one on Princess, we felt Princess was a better fit.

HI, I am on the Crown for a Mexico cruise leaving LA on April 5. As the formal nights are usually on sea days, our 2 sea days are Day 2 and Day 4, Sunday and Tuesday. I am thinking that those will probably be formal nights but won't know for sure til we get on the ship.

I actually was thinking this was a California Coastal cruise as the ports are San Francisco, San Diego, Santa Barbara and only Ensenada, Mexico makes it a Mexican cruise

Molly2kit,

We are doing a similar itinerary on the Grand in early April. We have all of the same ports but we embark/disembark from San Francisco. Princess bills it as a California Coastal, not a Mexico cruise. We are definitely having 2 formal nights.

Edited by rpcv77

HI, I am on the Crown for a Mexico cruise leaving LA on April 5. As the formal nights are usually on sea days, our 2 sea days are Day 2 and Day 4, Sunday and Tuesday. I am thinking that those will probably be formal nights but won't know for sure til we get on the ship.

I actually was thinking this was a California Coastal cruise as the ports are San Francisco, San Diego, Santa Barbara and only Ensenada, Mexico makes it a Mexican cruise

The April 5 cruise is listed as a Coastal cruise with the April 12 cruise listed as a Mexican cruise since it goes only to Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas.

When I check under Mexico cruises on the Princess site the Apr 5 cruise does not show there but under This weeks top picks the Apr 5 cruise shows under the heading Mexico. However, whatever it is called, it is 7 days, goes to 3 California ports and it very probably has 2 formal nights on the 2 sea days. Will only know for sure when we board.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App