Do you pay tax on drinks purchased on Drink Package?

S&DMOM

Do you pay extra tax on drinks purchased in the Drink Package while in port in FLL? About when do we reach international waters?

To my knowledge, there is no tax on the drink package no matter where you are.

Do you pay extra tax on drinks purchased in the Drink Package while in port in FLL? About when do we reach international waters?

I believe the answer is yes and no. Drinks are taxed at 6%, however, the merchant can include the price (hidden) in the price of the drink. Meaning, if it cost $5.00, the tax is included. Just like if you buy the package on the internet. It might fall under different rules.

Regardless of what happens behind the scene, the price you see is the price you pay!

The Replenish, Select, Premium, and Ultimate packages have no added gratuity.

The Refresh (soda) package has a 15% gratuity added.

Huh? From the online PDF comparing the packages...

Package prices already include gratuity
http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

If you look at the PDF, the line that says "Package prices already include gratuity" is only on the first page. Everything on the second page has gratuity added.

If you look at the PDF, the line that says "Package prices already include gratuity" is only on the first page. Everything on the second page has gratuity added.

I apologize. I misread your post. I thought you were saying the Replenish, Select, Premium, and Ultimate packages didn't INCLUDE gratuity, not that you're not charged gratuity at the time you get your drink.

Sorry.

If you purchase the drink package when in port, then yes, you should be charged the sales tax. In reality, the package is often sold on a hand written slip that is then charged later, when the ship is in international waters.

If you have pre purchased the drink package, then you don't purchase drinks on board, so no sales tax in port.

[ QUOTE=uksimonusa;41824791]If you purchase the drink package when in port, then yes, you should be charged the sales tax. In reality, the package is often sold on a hand written slip that is then charged later, when the ship is in international waters.

If you have pre purchased the drink package, then you don't purchase drinks on board, so no sales tax in port.

Generally this is what I've seen happen. Almost always prepaid or bought at the dock and don't recall ever being charged tax.