Cruise Critic Community
Giantfan13

Suggestions for Carnival

What suggestions would you make to Carnival to 'improve' the cruise experience.

We just got off the Splendor, and if I would have one suggestion it would be to either have ONE of the dining rooms open for lunch, or extend the brunch time to at least 2:00PM. My thinking being, we had 4 sea days on this cruise and we really despise eating at the buffet. The idea of the 'brunch' is to allow one to sleep a bit later, get up and enjoy either breakfast or brunch. Fine, but if we eat at say (9:30 and that is late for us to eat breakfast, to go back at 1:00PM to try and eat a lunch is to soon. There are no other options for a sit down lunch after that. I just felt if they extended the brunch time to say 2:00, that would give those that wanted to eat both breakfast AND a lunch in the dining room, a much better option.

Since I am at it, would it be too hard to put a weather station on the TV so we could find out what the weather is going to be like that day. We get up, and have no idea if it is going to be warm, hot, rainy, showery, whatever. They give you the current temp but that's it. Wouldn't it make a bit of sense to just give you the days forecast?.

Cheers

Len

Bring a larger ship to Charleston and offer longer, more innovative itineraries than Nassau and Freeport. Both NCL and Celebrity offered wonderful itineraries from Charleston in the past. Even a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise used to be offered.

PLEASE!!! return to more (western) Mexican ports other than just Cabo and PV!.....Mazatlan (other cruise lines are now calling on Mazatlan again!), Acapulco, Manzanillo, Zihuatanejo, La Paz......PLEASE Carnival!!! :)

Was on the Miracle for NYE and there was only one line dancing class offered on the last sea day of the cruise. It was in the Atrium and it was packed. I sailed on another cruise line and line dancing classes were offered by the cruise director assistant personnel almost every day even while in port. These classes are a lot of fun and instructional. Helps you to know the dance steps so you can dance the night away on the Lido deck. They are only 30 minutes so it is doable just like the trivia contests.

We just got off the Splendor, and if I would have one suggestion it would be to either have ONE of the dining rooms open for lunch, or extend the brunch time to at least 2:00PM. My thinking being, we had 4 sea days on this cruise and we really despise eating at the buffet. The idea of the 'brunch' is to allow one to sleep a bit later, get up and enjoy either breakfast or brunch. Fine, but if we eat at say (9:30 and that is late for us to eat breakfast, to go back at 1:00PM to try and eat a lunch is to soon. There are no other options for a sit down lunch after that. I just felt if they extended the brunch time to say 2:00, that would give those that wanted to eat both breakfast AND a lunch in the dining room, a much better option.

Since I am at it, would it be too hard to put a weather station on the TV so we could find out what the weather is going to be like that day. We get up, and have no idea if it is going to be warm, hot, rainy, showery, whatever. They give you the current temp but that's it. Wouldn't it make a bit of sense to just give you the days forecast?.

Cheers

Len

I thought the shipboard news/cruise directors news report/morning show on the television usually gave information about the weather for the day?

Railings added to the steps up to the stage should be added on all ships. I felt so secure on the Miracle and wish they had them on the inspiration and imagination

Also TV listings for the Shows. Not just stations. It's hard enough finding shows in a different time zone but would like to see what is on!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Edited by ccruisequeen

Give out more free cruises and make sure each of my family members gets one!:D

Capital idea! :-)

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=jcsuzeta&date=4-12-2014&text=&ship=Carnival Breeze

Carnival Breeze 4/12/14

Carnival Destiny 8/2/2012

RCI Majesty of the Seas 7/29/2011

Carnival Dream 4/30/2011

Carnival Imagination 7/30/2010

Carnival Glory 4/25/2010

Carnival Destiny 4/25/2009

Carnival Inspiration 4/21/2008

Carnival Sensation 2/8/2007

Carnival Fascination 1/12/2007

RCI Explorer of the Seas 7/19/2003

RCI Majesty of the Seas 6/1/2001

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please can other Ports be added to Caribbean out of New York City.

Tired of Nassau, Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay,Freeport, and Port Canaveral loved them but would love to go to other ports I just don't fly, so NY is very convenient for me..

1. Bring one of the Fantasy Class ships back to Mobile and alternate a Western and Eastern cruise so that you have some options.

2. For the ships that have a Cloud 9 Spa and the Spa Rooms, have the option there to purchase the weekly spa pass for the 3rd and 4th person in the cabin in advance. Even if it wasn't on the website to book, just have it available to purchase if you call.

Please can other Ports be added to Caribbean out of New York City.

Tired of Nassau, Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay,Freeport, and Port Canaveral loved them but would love to go to other ports I just don't fly, so NY is very convenient for me..

Hard to get other ports in a seven day cruise. It takes two days just to get to Florida and two days back.

Y

Edited by Thong

Bring a larger ship to Charleston and offer longer, more innovative itineraries than Nassau and Freeport. Both NCL and Celebrity offered wonderful itineraries from Charleston in the past. Even a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise used to be offered.

Would LOVE to see more HMC for Bahamas cruises! And I have to think it would benefit CCL's bottom line with more shoreside revenue retained by CCL.

Yes, this please

I would really love for the steel drum band to return to the Lido too, at least for embarkation. Starts our whole cruise off right. :) They could get right back off when the passengers head to the muster drill.

I would love to see a new port as well...

I'd also love to see priority boarding for Platinum + in ports for getting on the tender boats and back on the ship. Wouldn't that be a great benefit???

Costs Carnival zero to have a small sign there stating VIP & FTTF line.

I'd love to see more hot food variety on room service menu.

I'd like to see make up artists available for dress up night and glamor shots. I'd like to see more sugar free cocktails available. Get rid of the Inspiration in Long Beach and bring in a new ship with balconies.

Edited by elliair

I'd like to see make up artists available for dress up night and glamor shots. I'd like to see more sugar free cocktails available. Get rid of the Inspiration in Long Beach and bring in a new ship with balconies.

I didn't know they had Sugar Free Cocktails - what kinds do they have? That would be a good suggestion for me as well. I can't have the sugary ones that I love anymore. :(

I didn't know they had Sugar Free Cocktails - what kinds do they have? That would be a good suggestion for me as well. I can't have the sugary ones that I love anymore. :(

I'll take sugar free virgin cocktails, especially Banana Splits, Miami Vice, and piña colada

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Give out more free cruises and make sure each of my family members gets one!:D

Brilliant;)

I cruise more for the ports than the ship. I would like to see extended port visits & more overnight stays.

I have simple modest requests. I'd just like their employees to have their act together a little more and not experience lots of snafus. // I would also like them to take more precautions to avoid noro virus.

On our last cruise: just a five night one from NYC to Canada:

-- Wanted two balcony rooms together and PVP recommended some that we took and we found we couldn't remove the extender for. One of our requests were rooms where we could take out the divider to have a balcony between two rooms. There are some rooms where you can't have your steward do this. They couldn't move us either.

-- Had wheel chair waiting in our room that we knew about already. Got a message that we needed to speak to customer service. We asked if they knew what is was about. They didn't know. We couldn't get through by phone, so we waited in line a 1/2 hour only to be told that a wheel chair was waiting for us in our room. duh

-- Signed up for charging to room for DS. Customer service said he was set to go (new person with supervision did this). With new friend, he bought a soda, only to find out charging did not work on his card and he would need to see customer service. New friends paid for his drink. Went back to customer service and it finally got worked out, but another 20 minute wait

-- Mom never got her luggage / luggage was confiscated due to her having some sissors longer than four inches. No one ever told her that her luggage was confiscated. After visiting customer service she found out and was able to get her luggage back.

-- Hundreds of kid/teens with noro virus on the last cruise too (closed kids clubs, O2 club, etc.) and lots of announcements. Went down to medical area for tips for DS who was getting over it, but left soon when I saw tons of kids waiting in the fetal position who looked like they were ready to keel over. DS was practically better by then and had a pretty mild case compared to what I saw.

I realize things do happen, we made the best of things, but still it just seems like there were way too many annoyances. I'm used to better customer service and more trouble free vacationing.

With a freebie balcony offer for two though we are giving Carnival another try. We really like a lot of things about Carnival and their product. Last time, though, they just seemed to miss the mark too many times. What would make me happiest on this cruise is no one in our party getting noro virus and minimal to no customer service snafus.

So Agree! Those 10 nights Celebrity offered were great!

Carnival Fantasy does offer 7 nights every so often. We are booked on a 7 night on Fantasy May 31, 2014 going to Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk.

Charleston is only 2 hours away so it's convenient.

:( Problem is there are no regular balcony cabins on Carnival Fantasy. A suite must be booked for balcony. In our case a Grand Suite to get a cabin in a location we would like. Also, there is no Steakhouse.

Carnival so needs to put a better ship with better itineraries out of Charleston!

LuLu

~~~~

Live bands on lido.

More healthy food choices along with more vegetarian options in the MDR.

More play areas for kids, especially those under 2 who cannot participate in camp carnival. Doesn't pertain to me anymore but I wound up finding enpty lounges for mine to run around in. When we went on Norwegian they had a big room full of toys that was open all day for the younger kids.