TA's obc where does it show?

b_cruise

While I do not know if it is the same, I can share my OBC experience with you. I redeemed World Points from the NCL credit card and it does not show up on any viewable documents online. I called NCL to book an excursion while the website was having issues and the were easily able to verify that my OBC was on my travel documentation with NCL. So if you have the extra 20 minutes that you will spend on hold because you booked through a TA, I would try verifying with NCL. Worked for me!

That's odd, because it shows on my edocs. It also shows in my account on "myncl". When I log in, and go to "My Vacation Summary", the OBC shows very clearly on the far left column under "On Board Credit".

On my e-dcos it is listed on a separate line directly underneath my name.

I had OBC from my TA originally and never checked with NCL if it was on my summary with them. I lost my TA OBC when I changed my sail date so I am not sure where it shows but it never showed on MyNCL. I currently have OBC from my credit card points . My NCL booking OBC shows, but not my credit card points on MyNCL. Not ready to print e-docs yet so it may show up there

Edited by AjBren2

I had OBC from my TA originally and never checked with NCL if it was on my summary with them. I lost my TA OBC when I changed my sail date so I am not sure where it shows but it never showed on MyNCL. I currently have OBC from my credit card points . My NCL booking OBC shows, but not my credit card points on MyNCL. Not ready to print e-docs yet so it may show up there

I am hoping that one of the others will have a better answer for you - I'm not very good at these types of questions, but I am giving it my best shot. Deymonety seems to have very good answers for this sort of thing.

Here's what I think : you need to call NCL in the morning. My understanding of things like you describe is that in YOUR case: the OBC will show up on a reciept which you have to sign for when you get onboard. After you sign, then you will drop it at the purser's desk and it will be credited to your account.

However, having said that, I *might* be missing something and I might be wrong. I hope that others with more definitive answers will chime in and help you.

But this is what I am thinking after reading your post a few times and thinking I understand what you are saying.

In my case, things are a little different: I have been carrying OBC for a few years, because NCL was trying to get me back over a certain issue that doesn't bear repeating here. So my OBC is a little different: the reasons for it, are different and that can make a difference.

Any OBC from NCL will show on the left side of the My Vacation Summary page.

OBC from a TA will show under "booked items". Open it as if you're going to print it and the amount will show there. Note that TA OBC doesn't usually show till a month or two before sailing (depends when the TA sets it up with NCL).

Not all of my TA OBC showed up on MyNCL, and I had some late NCL OBC that was issued due to a price drop, but never showed on my account. At the suggestion of others on this board, I had my TA obtain an Amenties Sheet from NCL, which clearly listed all of my OBC. Although there were vouchers in my room upon embarkation for some the credits, I never had to take them to guest services. Everything showed up on my account by the end of Day 2 of my cruise. Having the Amenties Sheet as documentation made me feel better so that in case there was a problem, I would have something to show to prove it. In any event, I got all of my OBC. As a result, at the end of my cruise I wound up only having a balance of $25 charged to my credit card (although I had pre-booked my excursions and specialty dining). :D