Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Reviews of The Week by jcobbj, Mary Denis, freedream, Flake0911 & oellett!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Pride of America Paradise In Seven Days by jcobbj

My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary with my sister and brother-in-law aboard the Pride of America during the week long cruise starting January 18. If you are looking for an event cruise that puts you in a different slice of paradise every day, this is the one to go on. It is an event cruise because it is nearly double the price of a regular one week NCL cruise plus the air fare to get to Hawaii which makes it rather pricey. If you are just looking for a vacation, there are less expensive tropical locations but for the once in a life time experience, this is the one to take. We booked connecting cabins on deck 9 on the starboard side two years in advance and grabbed the flights just after they became available. Never saw the price for the flights less than we paid. I used the cruise critic reviews to see what excursions people recommended and whether to come early or stay after so we could create the best plan for our time. We did not go through Norwegian for any hotels or excursions. After comparing prices for the services, we chose to cut out the middle man and schedule our own trips. It was well worth it. Continue reading... Paradise In Seven Days

Fram Fantastic Antarctic trip - save money by making your own arrangements by Mary Denis

My husband and I were very pleased with our cruise to Antarctica aboard the Fram. The expedition staff is great and our suite (634) was spacious and comfortable. I recommend you make your own arrangements for hotel and transportation in Buenos Aries. Hurtigruten wanted $500 per person for transportation between airports and to book a room at the Emperador Hotel for the first and last nights of our trip. I booked the hotel online myself for $125 plus taxes per night. Cabs are easy to get on your own. This saved us approximately $650. I do recommend you book at the Emperador because it's a very good hotel and Hurtigruten uses it for their hospitality base in Buenos Aries so you can talk to one of their representatives in person once you arrive. We booked a day trip to Tierra del Fuego upon arrival to Ushuaia. I paid a bit more to book it through Hurtigruten because I didn't want to take a chance that another tour provider would not get us back in time for final boarding. The park tour was very good and well worth the time and money. Continue reading... Fantastic Antarctic trip - save money by making your own arrangements

Zaandam Antarctica Trip Top Notch by freedream

Our trip to South America and Antarctica on the Zaandam was an excellent, educational voyage and in this review I’ll attempt to give you a feel of what to expect and some useful general information rather than a blow-by-blow account of every detail. The highlight was Antarctica, of course, but before we get there I’d like to talk just a bit about our stop to see the penguins at the Falkland Islands, which was added to the itinerary just a couple of weeks before embarkation. Bluff Cove was an amazing rookery on a beach where Gentoo and King Penguins could be seen and interacted with at close quarters. It was not too far from town, so we had plenty of time to walk around Stanley when we returned from the rookery. As others have pointed out, the 4x4 rides to the penguin rookeries at the Falklands can be a little rough and the weather was alternately cool, cold, rainy, sleety, and snowy, so be prepared for anything! Continue reading... Antarctica Trip Top Notch

Oasis of the Seas Family of four on Oasis of the seas by Flake0911

We traveled with two kids, ages 9 and 11. Embarkation: BRING YOUR PASSPORTS. Disregard everything about birth certificates and all that. Bring a passport or don't go. We used birth certificates and drivers licenses as we have on all of our cruises. Royal almost didn't let us board. Got to the terminal at 1pm. Made it through security and all the frustrations of checking in quickly. The lines look awful but they go rather fast. Room: 14705, Boardwalk Balcony Stateroom. Smaller than other ships we have been on. Bed was comfortable. Kids had to share the sofa bed which was irritating but we knew that when we booked. Elise our attendant worked 24/7! Took good care of us. We were able to see part of the aqua theater from where we were at. You miss the left-hand side of the theater just because of where we were at. The zip line station was right across from us so we got lot's of laughs from people screaming as they zipped by. It was loud the first two nights because of the later Oasis of Dreams shows but it didn't bother us too much. They ring the bell for the carousel every time they board it, that goes till 10:30. Annoying at first but you soon tune it out. Continue reading... Family of four on Oasis of the seas

Celebrity Reflection Wonderful cruise and ready for the next one with... Celebrity! by oellett

We had a great time on our 7 night cruise on the Reflection to the Eastern Caribbean. We have previously cruised on the Equinox and the Silhouette therefore this type of ship was not new to us. Let me first say that we are a couple in our 40's and 50's and we have cruised six times before with Celebrity and other cruise lines. Our goal with this cruise was to relax and spend time together. Having been to all of these ports before, we knew what to expect and will not be commenting on them. Embarkation: It was smooth and fairly quick. We drove to Miami and after parking our car and being dropped off at the port, we were on the ship in about 45 minutes. Our arrival on the ship was approximately 1:30pm. We were welcomed with mimosas and went directly to see our cabin then off to the Oceanview Café for lunch. Continue reading... Wonderful cruise and ready for the next one with... Celebrity!

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin

Sign in to follow this