What would you do?

We are going on a cruise in a couple of months and we saw a cruise for 2015 we would love to take. My question is, would you wait till your on the cruise to book or book now. The price is really good now, 100.00 is it worth it? Can we cancel and rebook if it gets better?

We are going on a cruise in a couple of months and we saw a cruise for 2015 we would love to take. My question is, would you wait till your on the cruise to book or book now. The price is really good now, 100.00 is it worth it? Can we cancel and rebook if it gets better?

I'd book now to freeze your price and get a better choice of stateroom. If the price is the same when you go on the cruise in a couple of months, then cancel the 2015 cruise and rebook on board to get the OBC.

If the price of the cruise goes down before final payment date, Royal will give you the lower price, as long as the lower price is not restricted to new bookings.

I'm also in the book it now crowd. Much better to be locked into a price than gambling (and only being able to lose). If you book now and the price does come down, you can get it (with some restrictions), but you can't say in 2 months, I saw it for this price.

I'm also a book now person. I call it "cruise investing" with no downside risk until final payment. If the cruise goes up, you've "made" money on a cabin you really like. If it goes down, you can get the reduced price. And you can get all your money back until final payment. That deposit money is not making any money for you in the bank, but it can certainly be used to price protect a future cruise you want to take.