Men's Formal Wear

Starbright

When you get your cruise documents, there should be a form in it showing the different styles - for both men & women. If there isn't a form in your packet, have your TA call HAL.

Since DH has his own tuxedo, I am not certain if you can rent one once you on board the ship. Front office would know that information.

Yes, it's very easy and the suits are clean and of a very nice quality.

You'll find the suit and all the trimmings hanging in your stateroom when you arrive - you just have to have it ready for your steward to pick up the day after your last formal night.

If you want to spruce it up a bit, you can rent or bring your own accessories (special cufflinks & studs, tie and vest) to personalize your look - otherwise the standard is black tie and onyx studs which looks great as is!

Enjoy!

Starbright, you can also call Cruiseline Formalwear at (800) 551-5091:) You will need your sailing info (ship, date and port of departure, cabin # if you have it) and, like already's been said, your measurements. Have fun!

Starbright, you can also call Cruiseline Formalwear at (800) 551-5091:) You will need your sailing info (ship, date and port of departure, cabin # if you have it) and, like already's been said, your measurements. Have fun!

Starbright

From what I recall, rental is fairly costly (in the $50-$75 range just for the Tux). Maybe, some of the other readers can tell you exactly or you can call HAL. You might find it advantageous to buy an outfit in a store like SYMS that has them for about $150, if I remember correctly.

Starbright

From what I recall, rental is fairly costly (in the $50-$75 range just for the Tux). Maybe, some of the other readers can tell you exactly or you can call HAL. You might find it advantageous to buy an outfit in a store like SYMS that has them for about $150, if I remember correctly.

The cost is $85.00 for the tux, jewelery, tie, bun and two shirts (on a 7 day cruise). IMHO, I think is worth every penny just not having to pack and carry it with you.

The cost is $85.00 for the tux, jewelery, tie, bun and two shirts (on a 7 day cruise). IMHO, I think is worth every penny just not having to pack and carry it with you.

That's been my experience also! (shoes are extra)

Thank you for your help everyone. DH does own his own tux, but as we will be flying from London to Vancouver for the cruise, and he wants to have a black jacket and a white one with him, it would be better to rent than to have to pack them. We are doing a coastal voyage from Vancouver, through the Panama Canal and finishing at Ft Lauderdale. This is a special trip for us as we are both celebrating "big" birthdays and I am retiring too. :D

Thank you for your good wishes everyone. We will be on the Zuiderdam leaving Vancouver on 30 September. We couldn't take any of the earlier cruises as our daughter will be married on 23 September. As you can see, 2006 is a big year for us!

Very much looking forward to the cruise - it will be our first time with HAL.:)

Archived