Rough seas in the channel?

Hello - not sure if I've chosen the right place to research this question - but here goes ...

Thinking of taking RCCL to Bruges & LaFavre/Paris in October ...

However British hubbie tells me stories of how rough the channel can be ...

Can anyone comment on this? Honesty please ...

Thanks!

The Ocean can be quite rough at times & not at others ;)

The North sea does get bumpy at times the Irish sea can get quite bad as well

We have sailed that route without a problem but ran into a gale crossing from Scotland to Dublin

You never know

Just take some precautions for sea sickness with you

The Channel and North Sea can be rough, because they are shallow(on one cruise in the middle of the North Sea the Captain said depth of water under the keel was 85 feet...if the ship sank, deck 9 and above would still be out of the water!), so the wind can really whip the water up. Having said that, I used to drive from UK to Austria and back every week for 2 years and it was only roughish 4 or 5 times and once we were stuck outside Dover for 5 hours, 'cos the Captain wouldn't risk trying to get through the gap in the harbour wall...that was a fun day!! So, it could be a bit lumpy, but probably won't be. The fun is not knowing whats going to happen!!:D

Simon

Myself and OH go to France very frequently at all times of the year. I would say that we very rarely encounter rough seas. We had been in France last October and a few weeks ago when we had violent coastal storms in the UK. Fortunately. we had booked travel on Eurotunnel. You can just never tell what the sea conditions will be and it has nothing to do with time of year, just very unpredictable.

You can just never tell what the sea conditions will be and it has nothing to do with time of year, just very unpredictable.

This.

We travel to France very frequently, at all times of year, and my two worst English Channel experiences have been in April and July.

One of those was bad enough to put me off crossing by ship, and I will now only go via Eurotunnel at any time of year simply because it is so unpredictable.