Hey Celebrity !!! Loud Music Does NOT Equal Younger Demographic

kitty9

Music volume seemed reasonable to DW and me on Reflection week before last.

Sometimes it was fairly loud on the pool deck, but we expect that. Two complaints:

(1) we did not like the Miami DJ concept. Just not enjoyable. OK, we're old, in our 60's, but we like a wide range of music. And there was one DJ that played a nice mix at the pool deck. But the Miami DJ thing with electronic drum set over strange recordings at high volume was really unpleasant for us.

(2) like others, we really miss a Caribbean, Raggae or Steel Drum pool band.

There absence is not limited to Celebrity. Our recent cruises on RCL have not had that type of band, but at least they had decent rock bands at the pool.

This was our first cruise on Celebrity after 25 on Royal and I am happy to say that the issues with music were outweighed by other very enjoyable entertainment in other venues. In fact, we booked Reflection again on board. Aqua Class amenities and other nice touches have made Celebrity our new line of choice.

Edited by bigbillfromchicago

Music volume seemed reasonable to DW and me on Reflection week before last.

Sometimes it was fairly loud on the pool deck, but we expect that. Two complaints:

(1) we did not like the Miami DJ concept. Just not enjoyable. OK, we're old, in our 60's, but we like a wide range of music. And there was one DJ that played a nice mix at the pool deck. But the Miami DJ thing with electronic drum set over strange recordings at high volume was really unpleasant for us.

(2) like others, we really miss a Caribbean, Raggae or Steel Drum pool band.

There absence is not limited to Celebrity. Our recent cruises on RCL have not had that type of band, but at least they had decent rock bands at the pool.

This was our first cruise on Celebrity after 25 on Royal and I am happy to say that the issues with music were outweighed by other very enjoyable entertainment in other venues. In fact, we booked Reflection again on board. Aqua Class amenities and other nice touches have made Celebrity our new line of choice.

I think you hit the nail on the head - variety is key to keeping (almost) everyone happy. I happen to despise steel drum, reggae, calypso etc. and love the dj concept. I do think that they should offer both however, so that we can all have a bit of something to please us at least some of the time. It's the radical "I don't like this so they should get rid of it attitude" that I can't abide.

Hi all,

We have been reading the comments on this thread, as well as the other thread. While we don't want to comment on the demographics discussion, as well as who we are attracting, we can say that we are looking into the music issue to determine if and why it is too loud. Apologies that we can't comment any further (at least for now), but wanted to at least let everyone know that we aren't ignoring these discussions, and are in fact looking into this.

I hope Celebrity stays Celebrity.We went on a Carnival ceuise for the first time last fall.When in the MDR for dinner lights were lowered ,dico type lights started to flash,waiters started to dance on platforms,music very loud and guest started to sing along.We then recieved our cold food.I can say CARNIVAL NEVER AGAIN.

When is your cruise? Please return when you get back and let us know which comments are spot on.

A couple of days.

We have 2 in 20's, 50's, 70's and 40's, I am not going to mention anything to anyone in our party about music or volume, and I am pretty objective, so will let you know if there was any issue or problems for anyone where these things were discussed as a problem, all of us are new to this cruise line, many of the others have been on other lines

A couple of days.

We have 2 in 20's, 50's, 70's and 40's, I am not going to mention anything to anyone in our party about music or volume, and I am pretty objective, so will let you know if there was any issue or problems for anyone where these things were discussed as a problem, all of us are new to this cruise line, many of the others have been on other lines

Thanks Gregg! Perfect approach! Sending good thoughts for great weather and a wonderful time on Celebrity.

I am a part of said "younger generation", and when I board a Celebrity Ship, I strongly appreciate the atmosphere of sophistication. I don't think there is a problem with music, but it should be a bit quieter and at scheduled times.

Otherwise, the live music was quite nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, finished with Solstice recently, and to re cap we had a group from late teen to late 70's, I am in 40's but would be the only person who likes loud music, but I like only my kind of loud music :)

Ironically, the teenager and 20 year old were the only ones who mentioned the music being too loud in the general foyer area.

I too, found the singing and music there most irritating, but had no problem when they had musical instruments. The singing and entertainment volume was ridiculous, and if you had to speak to guest relations as we had to a few times, well, you can imagine trying to solve issues with someone who may not speak your native language whilst all the time having to deal with loud singing.

The women in the 50 & 60 era seemed to love this idea, it could be argued they do not get out enough though.... lol ;) Funny how they sent me to deal with any issues though.

Everywhere else on this ship seemed to be just right, it actually seemed like they had a few areas where excess noise would not be bothersome or easy to escape.

At the end of the day it would not be a deal breaker, but be aware, it is not like a nice hotel lobby once the later afternoon rolls around, and the volume travels all the way up that foyer space to the higher levels (forget trying to use the library as a quiet reading place if they start singing !)

HTH

The former concept of having diff type music....guitar, piano, bands...that rotate among venues worked well... along with dj music in the club late night and a few turns out at the pool...too much of one style or act is boring...

the main foyer area is not conducive to loud bands....sound carries too strong

The banging drum act was the worst on Silhouette...and they featured it over and over........variety would allow folks to enjoy difff sounds at diff times in diff spaces...

as the thread title notes...loud is not better

The former concept of having diff type music....guitar, piano, bands...that rotate among venues worked well... along with dj music in the club late night and a few turns out at the pool...too much of one style or act is boring...

the main foyer area is not conducive to loud bands....sound carries too strong

The banging drum act was the worst on Silhouette...and they featured it over and over........variety would allow folks to enjoy difff sounds at diff times in diff spaces...

as the thread title notes...loud is not better

Just got off the Reflection and found the Music to be wonderful and never too loud. From the jazz quartet to the miami dj's. Never ran across anything that wasn't enjoyable or too loud. Such a beautiful ship and wonderful staff!!!!

Just got off the Reflection and found the Music to be wonderful and never too loud. From the jazz quartet to the miami dj's. Never ran across anything that wasn't enjoyable or too loud. Such a beautiful ship and wonderful staff!!!!

We were on this ship last month and no big issues with music. Wonderful atmosphere on board. I loved the music and made sure that Celebrity knew that they were moving in the right direction.

Edited by cruisingator2

We just returned from our first Celebrity cruise aboard the Constellation. We did not find the music levels to high at all. In fact on the pool deck my wife and I could converse at the table with saying "What ?". As I said this was our first Celebrity cruise and all other have been on Carnival. You cannot converse, on the lido deck, with others at your table due to extremely high volume levels used by the DJ . I have complained about this after every cruise and it never seems to change. I happened to leave John Heald, brand ambassador for Carnival, a note on Facebook stating that for the first time I had experienced the music volume at a pleasant level from the Freedom but I was a quarter of a mile away leaving port on the Constellation.

Celebrity has an "Outstanding product", as we have discovered. We enjoyed ourselves so much we booked a twelve day cruise aboard the Constellation in Europe for 2015.

We just got back from the Equinox 10-day Caribbean cruise and felt that the music volumes were appropriate in all venues. We felt that is was not as loud as on last year's cruise, in fact.

Same, we just got off equinox. I loved the pool area as it had a variety of music and entertainment. They was the DJ and Zumba and the music was louder at that time but they also had other bands, music and our favorite guitar player out there. It is so much better than other lines who have the steel drum band and DJ every day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

Glad to hear good things about Reflection....we are looking forward to our cruise

Our last two Celeb cruises were on Silho....the last one had the noticeably loud rap music and drum...on the earlier cruise they had a great dj that mixed things up alot...had a beatles set, bob marley, 70s 80s sinatra....

a good jazz quartet, acoustic guitarist, and some island sounds are all we need in the music dept....a liveky party band is also a plus...

Just go off of the Silhouette on Sunday and there was no loud music!!! The MDR was VERY quiet...don't think there was any music at all....and the bars were as well. The only place I heard it even a little louder was at the pool deck and deck 3 at night, but not so bad that you couldn't hear anyone talk. I had heard a lot about the loud music so I paid attention. It was just perfect!! :)