Apple Cider Vinegar

beller

Going on the Breeze Saturday. Last Saturday I had a Gallbladder attack. Thought I was having a heart attack. Went to hospital and had a Ultra Sound done. Have Gall stones. The only thing to take the pain away was Apple Juice mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar. I have not had an attack since. Is it alright to bring Apple Cider Vinegar on or do I have to smuggle it on? Thanks.

I don't see why it would need to be smuggled on since it is not alcohol. I would bring an unopened bottle and any paperwork that the doctor might have given you to help explain why you are bringing it on board.

Going on the Breeze Saturday. Last Saturday I had a Gallbladder attack. Thought I was having a heart attack. Went to hospital and had a Ultra Sound done. Have Gall stones. The only thing to take the pain away was Apple Juice mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar. I have not had an attack since. Is it alright to bring Apple Cider Vinegar on or do I have to smuggle it on? Thanks.[/quote

Did the doctor say it was OK for you to cruise? Does he have intentions of taking your gallbladder out, but is delaying it because you have a cruise planned? I just hope you are OK to cruise, and something doesn't go terribly wrong on the ship. Do you have travel insurance?

Don't want to be the negative Nelly on this post, but there was a thread a year or so ago, about a woman with this situation, and she ended up cancelling her cruise, because her doctor wanted the gallbladder OUT.

Best wishes!!!!!:D:D

Going on the Breeze Saturday. Last Saturday I had a Gallbladder attack. Thought I was having a heart attack. Went to hospital and had a Ultra Sound done. Have Gall stones. The only thing to take the pain away was Apple Juice mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar. I have not had an attack since. Is it alright to bring Apple Cider Vinegar on or do I have to smuggle it on? Thanks.

If the vinegar is sealed there should be no problem. Carnival does not like alcohol brought on board since it cuts into the profit they make selling it on the ship.Now some gallstone advice.... If you have gallstones and have had an attack, it is only a matter of time until you have another attack, unfortunately. I had 3 attacks within 2 weeks and got the surgery done right after the last one. I did not want to have one hit me while driving the freeway or anyplace else for that matter! Now I never have to worry about it again.:D

I second Momis2 I would get the gallbladder out! Had my stones and attack after baby #1 and getting the gallbladder out was inevitable. But I hope you have a wonderful cruise with no issues!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm going to be the voice of dissention. I started having gallbladder attacks before our first cruise in 2007. I delayed going to the dr because they were not a common occurrence and I'm stubborn. I had a child in 2009, still had the occasional attacks. Finally in the summer of 2010 I had enough and the attacks were getting worse so I went to the ER where they diagnosed it. They gave me some pain meds and sent me home to follow up with the surgeon.

I saw them later that week but we had a trip planned so they scheduled surgery for when I returned. They pretty much told me as long as I didn't have signs of infection it wasn't an emergency surgery and I could wait until I returned.

I did wind up having it out, but it was a good three years after my attacks started. Of course, that's not everyone's experience but just wanted to assure you it may not be necessary to have it out immediately. Hope you are able to enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Going on the Breeze Saturday. Last Saturday I had a Gallbladder attack. Thought I was having a heart attack. Went to hospital and had a Ultra Sound done. Have Gall stones. The only thing to take the pain away was Apple Juice mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar. I have not had an attack since. Is it alright to bring Apple Cider Vinegar on or do I have to smuggle it on? Thanks.[/quote

Did the doctor say it was OK for you to cruise? Does he have intentions of taking your gallbladder out, but is delaying it because you have a cruise planned? I just hope you are OK to cruise, and something doesn't go terribly wrong on the ship. Do you have travel insurance?

Don't want to be the negative Nelly on this post, but there was a thread a year or so ago, about a woman with this situation, and she ended up cancelling her cruise, because her doctor wanted the gallbladder OUT.

Best wishes!!!!!:D:D

That would probably be me.... had to cancel the morning of sailing and had the thing out a few days later. They were wheeling me into the OR with me saying, "I should have been in Nassau today!" :eek: In my case, it was inflamed and got infected and HAD to come out pretty quickly. Had I gone ahead with the cruise I would have been not only miserable, but probably ended up in an airlift or evacuation situation. What started out with fairly mild attacks by most standards - my pain was only mild but had a terrible upset stomach with it - rapidly progressed to fever and being unable to even eat things like jello and crackers without being ill.

So long story short, PLEASE check with your doctors if it's safe to cruise and don't rely on the old apple cider vinegar thing. Gallbladder seems innocent enough but can become serious quickly.

I was lucky, I started feeling bad the week before the cruise, was able to cancel, and travel insurance refunded everything except their premium.

Oh also be aware of what you eat on the cruise. High contents of grease and fat will make the attacks occur and its not fun. I went on a cruise when mine first started and the warm chocolate melting cake killed me.

That would probably be me.... had to cancel the morning of sailing and had the thing out a few days later. They were wheeling me into the OR with me saying, "I should have been in Nassau today!" :eek: In my case, it was inflamed and got infected and HAD to come out pretty quickly. Had I gone ahead with the cruise I would have been not only miserable, but probably ended up in an airlift or evacuation situation. What started out with fairly mild attacks by most standards - my pain was only mild but had a terrible upset stomach with it - rapidly progressed to fever and being unable to even eat things like jello and crackers without being ill.

So long story short, PLEASE check with your doctors if it's safe to cruise and don't rely on the old apple cider vinegar thing. Gallbladder seems innocent enough but can become serious quickly.

I was lucky, I started feeling bad the week before the cruise, was able to cancel, and travel insurance refunded everything except their premium.

It was YOU!!!!:eek::eek::eek: Supposed to be on the Pride. Right? You clearly made the right decision. I just want to make sure the OP is educated.:D

I'll be on the Breeze with you :) We actually sail Sunday though, not Saturday.

You can also buy Apple Cider Vinegar pills. Amazon sells them, but you could probably find them locally at GNC, Whole Foods...maybe some other pharmacies. I used to take them for different reasons because I couldn't stand drinking ACV.

Hope you'll be okay and able to enjoy the cruise!

It was YOU!!!!:eek::eek::eek: Supposed to be on the Pride. Right? You clearly made the right decision. I just want to make sure the OP is educated.:D

Yep - 40th birthday cruise on the Pride - got to have gallbladder surgery instead! Same here - just want to make sure the OP checks with their doctor and knows what can happen instead of relying on vinegar and potentially ending up in a bad situation. :)

Oh also be aware of what you eat on the cruise. High contents of grease and fat will make the attacks occur and its not fun. I went on a cruise when mine first started and the warm chocolate melting cake killed me.

Yes, fats definitely trigger attacks. I fought attacks using OTC lecithin. It emulsifies fats so they pass out the body. I don't use it now on a regular basis, just when I eat a fat content food.