Denali Hotel Reccomendation

karen s

Looking for any recommendations for a hotel in/near Denali for pre-cruise stay for our 18 Jul 14 RCI southbound cruise out of Seward. We're a 3 family group of 9 total (ages 9-70) and want to experience Denali pre-cruise for a couple of days or so. What would be the best day to arrive in Anchorage to enable us to explore Denali sufficiently, and ensure we can travel to Seward to make the 18 July cruise departure. We'd also like any of your recommendations for accommodations. Any and all insight would be appreciated!!

Thanks so much!!!!

Karen

What kind of lodging do you want ... hotel, cabin, lodge, B&B, hostel?

And how are you getting to Denali? With a car you have access to many options in the Healy and Carlo Creek area. If you arrive by train or bus, you will need to stay in the strip mall area about a mile from the park.

Have a look at the many options listed on the Denali Chamber of Commerce website: http://www.a1cms.com/_dcc/accommodations/

If you drive, Denali is a 5 hr drive (with no stops) from Anchorage.

Seward is about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs south of Anchorage. To reach Seward you can drive (Hertz is the only vendor), take the Alaska Railroad, the PArk Connection Bus, Seward Busline, independent transfer, cruiseline transfer.

I just booked the Denali Park Hotel because it was the only lodging I could find for more than one night near Denali. It kind of looks like the Bates Hotel but it got good reviews. All we need is a place to shower and sleep. We're booked for June so hurry, hurry.lol

I just booked the Denali Park Hotel because it was the only lodging I could find for more than one night near Denali. It kind of looks like the Bates Hotel but it got good reviews. All we need is a place to shower and sleep. We're booked for June so hurry, hurry.lol

I've stayed there many times and highly recommend it for a clean basic hotel.

Looking for any recommendations for a hotel in/near Denali for pre-cruise stay for our 18 Jul 14 RCI southbound cruise out of Seward. We're a 3 family group of 9 total (ages 9-70) and want to experience Denali pre-cruise for a couple of days or so. What would be the best day to arrive in Anchorage to enable us to explore Denali sufficiently, and ensure we can travel to Seward to make the 18 July cruise departure. We'd also like any of your recommendations for accommodations. Any and all insight would be appreciated!!

Thanks so much!!!!

Karen

I would add at least 5 extra days. Both Denali and Seward are deserving of touring time. By road they are about 9 hours apart, which I never recommend in a single day. Way too much to see and stop for along the way. A big mistake, in my opinion, is to make marathon transit plans in Alaska.