Majesty 3rd April

Oh - we have been naughty! Saw a great deal for the Majesty going from our home port of Malaga next month and just HAD to book it!!!

We have sailed on the Dream twice but have never been on the Majesty.

We know our cabin is going to be miniscule - as this is a bonus holiday (already have a cruise on the Dream and 2 land based hols booked) we went for the cheapest option available which is deck 6 to 8. Can anyone say which of the 3 decks is the best option so we could pre-book a cabin if available?

Does the MDR have tables for 2 people? I am deaf and find sharing embarrassing.

Do they offer a Wine package and, if so, how much does it cost? Can the Wine be drunk in any bar areas or only in the restaurant?

Any tips for DIY at Toulon, Mahon, Valencia and Cartagena. Our forst stop is Barcelona that we know very well.

Any other info would be most appreciated. Anyone on here going on the 3rd?

Thanks for any replies. I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited!

Well done Campolady :) You can NEVER have too many holidays :D:D

Cartegena, the ship docks right near the town and you can walk to the castle which is to your right (facing inland) and the town is to you left. The amphitheatre is spectacular and is accessed from the main shopping street in the town.

The city of Valencia is quite a way from the port. We got a taxi, can't remember how much, but a few euros.

I was looking at that cruise, but only just got back, so had to resist :(:rolleyes:

Cartegena, the ship docks right near the town and you can walk to the castle which is to your right (facing inland) and the town is to you left. The amphitheatre is spectacular and is accessed from the main shopping street in the town.

The city of Valencia is quite a way from the port. We got a taxi, can't remember how much, but a few euros.

I was looking at that cruise, but only just got back, so had to resist :(:rolleyes:

Thanks Linda - that is great information.

Silly, I know but I feel like a little kid suddenly told that Santa is coming!

Edited by campolady

Great news campolady, you will be fine with a normal inside for a week, just book midships.

Toulon, go to the tourist info office on the right of the market square and they will sell you a combined ticket for bus and cable car, much cheaper than separately, they will also phone the cable car station to check that it is running and point you to the bus stop. They are so helpful. I don't know if any of this is useful, all might be closed on Sunday.

Just ask the maître d for a table for 2, we preferred the four seasons, midships so more stable and smaller so it's cosier.

You have the new extended buffet to look forward to as well.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

Go for it Linda, you know you want to........:D

Great news campolady, you will be fine with a normal inside for a week, just book midships.

Toulon, go to the tourist info office on the right of the market square and they will sell you a combined ticket for bus and cable car, much cheaper than separately, they will also phone the cable car station to check that it is running and point you to the bus stop. They are so helpful. I don't know if any of this is useful, all might be closed on Sunday.

Just ask the maître d for a table for 2, we preferred the four seasons, midships so more stable and smaller so it's cosier.

You have the new extended buffet to look forward to as well.

Thanks Joe - very helpful.

Do you mean there are two Waiter Service restaurants?

Edited by campolady

I was on deck 6 on Majesty, midships (in one of the single cabins), and it was a great location - not too many decks to walk down to the gangway which was a boon when in port, and on the same deck as the theatre for an easy totter back to the cabin after the late shows!

In terms of dining yes there are two waiter service restaurants, both on deck 5, and both had some tables for two available as I recall. I always ate in the Seven Seas (the larger one) out of habit more than anything, but I had breakfast in the Four Seasons a few times - both were equally good.

I was on deck 6 on Majesty, midships (in one of the single cabins), and it was a great location - not too many decks to walk down to the gangway which was a boon when in port, and on the same deck as the theatre for an easy totter back to the cabin after the late shows!

In terms of dining yes there are two waiter service restaurants, both on deck 5, and both had some tables for two available as I recall. I always ate in the Seven Seas (the larger one) out of habit more than anything, but I had breakfast in the Four Seasons a few times - both were equally good.

Excellent information - thank you so much.

The week after you, the 10th, for a fortnight.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Lucky you! We are doing a split B2B (split by 7 months) with the Iberian Escapade trip in November.

Now don' t go wishing our April week past LOL!

Edited by campolady

Not many on FB saying they are going, quite a few this Thursday though.

I finally succumbed to the big F, using my alias of course ;)

Won't desert here though, it's great for info especially now the search is back. :)

BTW:

This clip is from Mae, the singer from Muzzik Unlimited one of the house bands, you have a treat in store Campolady....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB8-sejBo2Y

Edited by joeholiday2

• 2 weeks later...

Won't desert here though, it's great for info especially now the search is back. :)

BTW:

This clip is from Mae, the singer from Muzzik Unlimited one of the house bands, you have a treat in store Campolady....

You've got to admit, it's good though Joe ;):)

Jules x

BTW:

Just one of the things I missed on Dream......Muzzik Unlimited's sessions before and after the Showteam performances.

Hi campo lady, DH and I will be on this cruise for one week, flying from Manchester.

Hurrah! So good to know that we have company!

Have a good flight - Malaga is only a 40 minutes drive for us so a quick and easy transfer.

Not long now!