Who is the Captain.

Logansmum

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for that information RR. I liked Captain David but I am sure Captain Richard will take care of us and the IE. Do they change Captains every year, I got the impression that Captain David was the regular captain. I am new to this cruise lark so don't know how it all works but finding it interesting!

Thank you for that information RR. I liked Captain David but I am sure Captain Richard will take care of us and the IE. Do they change Captains every year, I got the impression that Captain David was the regular captain. I am new to this cruise lark so don't know how it all works but finding it interesting!

Logansmum,

Each cruise ship has two Captains that alternate, normally 3 months on then 3 months off - they are a lot luckier than most of the crew that do 8/9 months on in one go.

I think the German captain was on the Dream last April... His musings though interesting certainly went on a bit. The trouble was that he didn't co ordinate with his entertainments team & his announcements cut off their mikes so when he went off on one of his rambles in the middle of a quiz, line dancing class etc', by the time he had finished most of the participants had wandered off... Felt a bit sorry for the staff who had heard all the stories before, but I liked him.