Kids' C&A status

That's why I keep a spreadsheet. There's no way to see a minor's points on the website, and I think you have to call just to confirm their level.

Thanks! Could be. I just tried to activate her C & A number in the system--first gave me an error message that her number had to be activated by a "parent or legal guardian over the age of 18", so then I tried that process, which appeared like it would link her number to my cruise history, and give me the ability to choose her passenger name in the drop down menu on cruise history--but alas--didn't work. Worth a phone call anyway I suppose to ensure she's gotten all her cruise credits....

I say pay the 700. For 4 points for 700 that is well worth it. Nothing worse than being one or two points from diamond when you get close.

Yeah, I bet that could be frustrating. But it wouldn't just be for the points. Right now we're in a Panoramic Ocean View, so moving to a JS would gain us about 50 sq ft and a balcony.

Thanks! Could be. I just tried to activate her C & A number in the system--first gave me an error message that her number had to be activated by a "parent or legal guardian over the age of 18", so then I tried that process, which appeared like it would link her number to my cruise history, and give me the ability to choose her passenger name in the drop down menu on cruise history--but alas--didn't work. Worth a phone call anyway I suppose to ensure she's gotten all her cruise credits....

Yeah, after their first cruise, I signed them up through the link in my C&A profile to sign up other members. It gave me some sort of odd error message. But when I called to get them added and link them up, the rep told me it was already done and gave me the numbers. When I logged back into my account, their numbers were on the profile.

Yeah, after their first cruise, I signed them up through the link in my C&A profile to sign up other members. It gave me some sort of odd error message. But when I called to get them added and link them up, the rep told me it was already done and gave me the numbers. When I logged back into my account, their numbers were on the profile.

So is calling the only way to activate the kids' accounts? Mine have been on one Royal Cruise (Mariner 2012) and will be cruising with us on the Allure over Thanksgiving. The wait times for calling right now are completely ridiculous, so I'm going to wait and call sometime later. DH and I are Platinum now (we earned the points on our last cruise, so we should get the benefits this cruise :D). So, after the Allure sailing, the kids should be Platinum, but only have 14 points.

DD is 12 and D+ based on my status but has her 16th and 17th RC cruises booked for this year. (She has also done 3 cruises on other lines)

If just based on her own points she would definitely be diamond and close to D+

If not there as have have done lots of 11 night plus cruises:) because she was 6 months old when she first sailed not sure on exact number of points due to the way they changes the point accumulation.

No way she won't be d+ on her own accord by the time she's on her own;)

The kids most certainly do keep their parent's status once they turn 18. The only thing that changes is their points revert back to what they actually earned on their own. They keep the status but not the points.

So for example: The parents are Diamond when the child turns 18 but the child has only earned 35 points on their own. What happens is the child remains a Diamond with only 35 points (even though you really need 80) and needs to earn the points from 35 to 175 in order to move up to Diamond plus on their own. Make sense?

Thank you for the explanation, makes perfect sense!

I didn't know that so learn something new everyday. Will have to make sure cruise enough in next 6 years to keep DD Diamond + or my life won't be worth living:D

My grandchildren, ages 6 and 7, are Diamond on their own, but have D+ status because their mother is D+. When they turn 18 they will remain D+ with whatever cruise points they have earned on their own. I would be shocked if they don't have enough points to be D+ on their own at that point. We love to cruise...two weeks until our next sail date:D

So is calling the only way to activate the kids' accounts? Mine have been on one Royal Cruise (Mariner 2012) and will be cruising with us on the Allure over Thanksgiving. The wait times for calling right now are completely ridiculous, so I'm going to wait and call sometime later. DH and I are Platinum now (we earned the points on our last cruise, so we should get the benefits this cruise :D). So, after the Allure sailing, the kids should be Platinum, but only have 14 points.

Well, I'm not quite sure I have all the steps here, but it somehow it now worked for me. I logged into my C & A, and followed the options to activate other family members accounts. It looked like it had done it, but I wasn't seeing her listed. I logged out, and when I logged back in, there was a link stating I could activate "Nicole's" account. It required her user name to be her actual C & A number, so I did that and established a password. Logged back out and back in again under her account and password. Her cruise points and status are listed as Diamond, with 174 points, but only her actual cruise history is listed (including double points for cruises where we had a Jr. Suite) Thanks, Merion Mom!

Our 13 GS is Platinum on his own and will be emerald after our next cruise. I doubt he will see diamond by his 18th birthday... but at least he has something to shoot for:D

Edited by Wilda

My beautiful "spoiled rotten" :D kids will be turning Emerald by the end of the year on there own points. Ages 6,11,13,15 so clearly the 6 year old will benefit the most by age 18 but the others have a time to build still also. They have seen/learned a lot and have met kids from across the globe that they continue to stay in touch with today by cruising. That itself is worth far more than status...

We are only gold, so DS is, too. But he's only been on one RCCL cruise while we have done one other. :)

Onboard we filled out the form to get him a C&A account and put it in their dropbox.

Felt like we were home for ages (we weren't) and I was impatient so I kept doing that form online. Never made it go anywhere, just went through a loop with an error message in the end.

Then one day (exactly 3 weeks after disembarkation) I got an email with his name in it, his C&A number, and the number of points matched ours. Perfect!

My beautiful "spoiled rotten" :D kids will be turning Emerald by the end of the year on there own points. Ages 6,11,13,15 so clearly the 6 year old will benefit the most by age 18 but the others have a time to build still also. They have seen/learned a lot and have met kids from across the globe that they continue to stay in touch with today by cruising. That itself is worth far more than status...

That's awesome! What a gift you've given them! :D

A little off topic as I haven't cruised on RCI yet and have no points (LOL)

Can any of you give me an idea beyond the website what kinds on activities my 6 yr old daughter can expect to do in the adventure club? Is there a kids itinerary? We took our older kids on a cruise a few years ago, then 13 and 16. They wouldn't go to the teen clubs because I guess we are ultra cool and they wanted to spend all their time with us. :)

A little off topic as I haven't cruised on RCI yet and have no points (LOL)

Can any of you give me an idea beyond the website what kinds on activities my 6 yr old daughter can expect to do in the adventure club? Is there a kids itinerary? We took our older kids on a cruise a few years ago, then 13 and 16. They wouldn't go to the teen clubs because I guess we are ultra cool and they wanted to spend all their time with us. :)

Which ship are you going on? The ships have different features so if you have booked or are thinking of booking, will be easier to help if know which ship.

Certainly at that age they do pajama nights, face painting, movies, pirate night, science activities, art, gaga ball, talent show, to name a few!

My daughter made Diamond in her own right on her 2nd birthday.

She has now completed 9 cruises amassing 118 cruise points.

We have another 3 cruises & 38 points lined up for this year bringing her to 156.

Want to make the most before she starts school and we are stuck with school holiday prices!

Both my kids lost "their" (our) status when they turned 18 and booked sailings on their own. This was 7 (and 5) years ago, so quite possibly things have changed, but my (now adult) children did not keep our "status".:rolleyes:

Both of my daughters kept their Diamond status when they turned 18.

My 8 month old will be an Emerald after this cruise we leave on tomorrow:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome!!! Congrats! And i thought our three year old hitting platinum all on his own without our help was impressive. As cruising in RCI is a minimum age of 6 months, and it takes 55 days to get there, has she been living on a cruise ship since six months or have you been JSing it up to get there? Your babe will be pinnacle in 15 months at this rate. Impressive!!

My daughter made Diamond in her own right on her 2nd birthday.

She has now completed 9 cruises amassing 118 cruise points.

We have another 3 cruises & 38 points lined up for this year bringing her to 156.

Want to make the most before she starts school and we are stuck with school holiday prices!

Exactly!!! Right there with ya. Many stop traveling when they have a kid. We increased bc soon we are limited to peak season.

One thing to rember is that your child actually has to sail at ascertain C&A level to keep it. For example, if the child sailed with the parents while the parents were D, the child would be D when he/she turned18. If the parents continue to sail without the child and the parents turned D+, the child would remain D because he/she never sailed as a D+. My little Princess actually sailed enough to get D+ status on her own :D

I filled in the paper forms onboard on our first cruise and later received our C&A membership cards with our numbers (yes, the cards have been discontinued years ago).

Then I did add my DD to my MyCruises account ("add another member of your household" or something like that, I can´t add my DH getting an error message that he´s over 18 :D). Recently I was asked under MyCruises whether I want to open an own account for DD (it started out with her C&A number as user name but after some trials I was able to change it). So when I log into her new account I can only see her past cruises, status and points. But there she has the same amount of points than I have (we all do have the same cruises but last cruise DH and I had a JS while she and her grandma had a balcony - so we are 7 points ahead of her).

steamboats

For us our DD will turn 10 next month on our Allure cruise, which will be her 11th on Royal. She would be Diamond in her own right, but as we recently became D+ she has that status now. I thought she keeps her D+ status when she turns 18, even if she hasn't reached the points on her own at that point (which she may).

We don't sail just Royal, and we do some without her (usually on Royal). Otherwise she would be there on her own anyway. Her first cruise was when she was 3 1/2 months old (on Disney, as they only have a 3 month limit on their line). Needless to say she was the youngest on the ship. It's actually easier when they are younger, it's when they are 1-3 and just want to walk up and down the stairs all day that is tougher *grin*