Diamond Status

Anyone that got more like was stated just be glad about it but as far as the child who was on every cruise and not givin credit you need to get that corrected because that is incorrect.

Like I said before most of the crown and anchor people are not going to look up more then what is in front of them, ergo if your kid now grown up says diamond and has your points they will not say anything unless you are dumb enough to bring it to their attention and points will add from there.

When they get married the person with the highest total between the wife and you that is what should show up in either of your profiles

For those ahead of the game congrats, realize at anytime if you question your points they may go back and change your points to actual days that YOU were on the ship, for anyone like was said before who has not got credit please call crown and anchor and get it corrected

Good summary!

He should retain whatever level he had on his 18th birthday. His wife would get that level when they get linked by C&A.

I am hoping this is true, as I am currently well into emerald, but I only have enough points for Platinum from cruises I have been on myself. I have a sinking feeling that once our honeymoon cruise is over and the future DW signs up for C&A and links me, we'll both be bumped back down to Platinum (which it sounds like happens sometimes, but not always).

If that were the case I almost wonder if it would be better to just not link our accounts so I could reach diamond (about 2 cruises away from diamond) and just share whatever perks I could with her rather than have us both be only platinum (I feel like Emerald is hardly different from Platinum, but Diamond has a lot more perks, to where it would make a serious difference).

Edited by Dajbman22

The husband calls C&A, says he has a new wife, and C&A links the two accounts. The wife now has the husband's level. Once she has that level, she can book with or without the husband and still have that level.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the new wife has to have at least one cruise before she can be linked.

My husband has NEVER sailed with Royal Caribbean. On my first Royal sailing I registered him with C&A. He has received a C&A notice for Gold, Platinum & Emerald levels as "I" earned them.

My husband has NEVER sailed with Royal Caribbean. On my first Royal sailing I registered him with C&A. He has received a C&A notice for Gold' date=' Platinum & Emerald levels as "I" earned them.[/b']

Wow, you've sailed enough without your husband ever going with you to obtain Gold, Platinum and Emerald? We'd never sail that much without each other, but to each their own...

Wow, you've sailed enough without your husband ever going with you to obtain Gold, Platinum and Emerald? We'd never sail that much without each other, but to each their own...

I travel a lot without my husband as well. He doesn't have the flexibility that I do and I am within driving distance to a port. Also, perhaps she is a travel agent and travels as part of her job.

Also, maybe her husband travels a lot with his job and she travels when he is gone.

Edited by galavant3

I travel a lot without my husband as well. He doesn't have the flexibility that I do and I am within driving distance to a port. Also, perhaps she is a travel agent and travels as part of her job.

Also, maybe her husband travels a lot with his job and she travels when he is gone.

To be sure, nothing negative meant, was just surprised...

Yes I have; 3 cruises so far; 2 more I'll be Diamond & all five will be without my husband.

He will only do one cruise per year from NYC; so I see him when I get home.

My family is going to be a mess then:D

I had a conversation with C&A today regarding DD's points when she turns 18 (she's 12) and wanted to check what status she is in her own right. I was told when I get to pinnacle that pinnacle can not be transferred or inherited it can only be earned by individuals actual points. By default as things stand I will be pinnacle first, followed by DD followed by DH, as I have cruised with DD without DH as he couldn't get time off work!

The husband calls C&A, says he has a new wife, and C&A links the two accounts. The wife now has the husband's level. Once she has that level, she can book with or without the husband and still have that level.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the new wife has to have at least one cruise before she can be linked.

Yes she does need to have cruised with RCI before..

Luckily my DD could prove her new DH had cruised with RCI many years ago as a very young kid..so on their first cruise together he inherited her D level...My understanding is that if he would have never cruised with RCI he could have only inherited her status after his first completed cruise.

However like all things RCI the key is "interpretation" which leaves many of us getting differing answers when speaking with CSR's.:eek::)