Triumph passengers asking for

deborahjo

Forget our men and women who fight for us... Most who come home and suffer PTSD, have gone days without food or proper restroom facilities. Those that did survive only to come home and die of some horrible disease contracted by crap such as Agent Orange.

These people jump on the band wagon of lazy, entitled people who think they should get more money per month than most middle income hard working families because they had an anxiety attack, got a UTI or heaven forbid have hemorrhoids!

Really it's disgusting! You didn't die you were compensated and given a free vacation.

Life is hands down better when you learn to be thankful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Later in the story they say $5000 per YEAR for the rest of their lives. big difference.

Yes, big difference for sure but they want it paid in a lump sum based on their projected lifespan from here on out. For some it could wind up 125K or more.

Good luck with that!

Yes, big difference for sure but they want it paid in a lump sum based on their projected lifespan from here on out. For some it could wind up 125K or more.

Good luck with that!

I would suspect most at least $125,000. A good number could be $175,000 or higher given life spans could easily be 80, 85, or higher.

In most states when you win $5000 per year, the company buys an annuity. Insurance companies would pay $5000 per year from an annuity that is far less than $200,000. You can ask for anything you want. No one says that is what you are going to get...the lawyers will get some of it too...

I think it's absurd. Did you read the bit about one of the complaints being the experience aggravated someone's hemorrhoids?:rolleyes:

Maybe, someone should tell them to get their head out of there. :eek:

It would make a big difference. Ya think LOL :p

The drain in my cabin shower was clogged for 1 nite. That should be worth $100 a month for life.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

I had a lumpy bed, the power went out and the cruise staff were unfriendly. That should be good enough for $1.50 a month for life shouldn't it? Won't keep me from sailing Carnival though. I'll just keep slogging on...

10 years ago a law professor, from whom I was taking a course, used the MacDonalds coffee case as a very good example of the system working the way it should. Most people don't know that she immediately went into the store and asked for help, but they refused to help her. They were doing something dangerous and unnecessary, and refused to help someone who was in genuine distress as a result of the dangerous thing they were doing, and they were punished for it. They stopped doing the dangerous thing. The fact people are still using this as an example of the system being broken after all these years is sad.

It's also, along with the whole Triumph mess, an excellent example of how the media can impose a narrative on a story, regardless of what the facts actually were. And how that narrative will continue to be accepted, regardless of its accuracy.

Yes I have to agree with your entire post. People should dig deeper into that McDonald's hot coffee case. It's not at all an example of a frivolous lawsuit. I learned a lot about it in grad school.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

10 years ago a law professor, from whom I was taking a course, used the MacDonalds coffee case as a very good example of the system working the way it should. Most people don't know that she immediately went into the store and asked for help, but they refused to help her. They were doing something dangerous and unnecessary, and refused to help someone who was in genuine distress as a result of the dangerous thing they were doing, and they were punished for it. They stopped doing the dangerous thing. The fact people are still using this as an example of the system being broken after all these years is sad.

It's also, along with the whole Triumph mess, an excellent example of how the media can impose a narrative on a story, regardless of what the facts actually were. And how that narrative will continue to be accepted, regardless of its accuracy.

She also suffered third degree burns and was required to have skin grafts, not just a simple scald. McDonalds were aware of the very high temperature of their coffee, the fact it could cause these kinds of burns and of previous burns of varying degrees.

Forget our men and women who fight for us... Most who come home and suffer PTSD, have gone days without food or proper restroom facilities. Those that did survive only to come home and die of some horrible disease contracted by crap such as Agent Orange.

These people jump on the band wagon of lazy, entitled people who think they should get more money per month than most middle income hard working families because they had an anxiety attack, got a UTI or heaven forbid have hemorrhoids!

Really it's disgusting! You didn't die you were compensated and given a free vacation.

Life is hands down better when you learn to be thankful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. My son in law was in the Marines. These people have no idea how lucky they are.

You know, if you put a cup of coffee in between your legs, you should expect to get burned. It's a lap, not a cup holder.

http://news.msn.com/us/carnival-passengers-sue-for-damages-over-disrupted-2013-cruise

EDITOR'S NOTE: The original story erroneously reported that the Carnival Cruise line passengers were asking for $5,000 a month for the rest of their lives. In fact, three are asking for $5,000 a year for life and the rest $2,500 to $5,000 for four to five years.

**Still, this is way too much.. Sorry, you had a bad experience, you were given a refund, free second trip and extra money already.. You were compensated..

These people don't deserve anything, what makes them think they deserve anything, nobody died, that was chance they took. They were in international waters. People who die in a plane crash,the families don't get anything. People in the US should be ashamed trying to get money for nothing, while they can sit at home and waiting for the money,without having to get off the couch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums