Never again on the Liberty

Prettycee13

My family and I just got back from the Liberty it was a 7 day cruise. Let me start with our room steward left a toilet bowl cleaner in our bathroom and NO toilet paper. Very embarrassing and awkward. He basically told us clean your toilet or you cant use it!!!

We had a Mardi Gras party that led to lido deck. The party was suppose to end at 11:00 which I'm guessing it did but there was no announcement for adults to finish the party in one of the night clubs. When we noticed the behavior going on we looked for security and everyone was gone cruise director, entertainment staff, everyone. Their were grown drunk women rubbing themselves on little boys basically making a sandwich with them. No one was there to stop it. They were taking the caution when wet floor signs and doing a limbo line and then throwing it at each other. again no one there to stop it. At one point a little 10 year old boy was on the 10th floor running along the lounge chairs right next to the rails. Now I know people need to be responsible for there children but come on that could have been a bad situation. Finally at 1 am we went to guest services to let them know what was going on and I was told I was not the first to complain and it was a problem for security and they weren't doing there job!! So we went back to the lido deck and they did close the bars but I thought what about those kids??

The crew was not friendly at to me it looked like they were going through the motions. There were 4 crew members that were very nice they were Dj Spike, Dominikos ( busboy at the buffet) and the comedians Cowboy Bill and Happy Cole. Other than that the ports were beautiful!!

So happy cruising to all of you and good luck if you go on the liberty!!! Watch your children!!

My family and I just got back from the Liberty it was a 7 day cruise. Let me start with our room steward left a toilet bowl cleaner in our bathroom and NO toilet paper. Very embarrassing and awkward. He basically told us clean your toilet or you cant use it!!!

We had a Mardi Gras party that led to lido deck. The party was suppose to end at 11:00 which I'm guessing it did but there was no announcement for adults to finish the party in one of the night clubs. When we noticed the behavior going on we looked for security and everyone was gone cruise director, entertainment staff, everyone. Their were grown drunk women rubbing themselves on little boys basically making a sandwich with them. No one was there to stop it. They were taking the caution when wet floor signs and doing a limbo line and then throwing it at each other. again no one there to stop it. At one point a little 10 year old boy was on the 10th floor running along the lounge chairs right next to the rails. Now I know people need to be responsible for there children but come on that could have been a bad situation. Finally at 1 am we went to guest services to let them know what was going on and I was told I was not the first to complain and it was a problem for security and they weren't doing there job!! So we went back to the lido deck and they did close the bars but I thought what about those kids??

The crew was not friendly at to me it looked like they were going through the motions. There were 4 crew members that were very nice they were Dj Spike, Dominikos ( busboy at the buffet) and the comedians Cowboy Bill and Happy Cole. Other than that the ports were beautiful!!

So happy cruising to all of you and good luck if you go on the liberty!!! Watch your children!!

Mardi Gras probably made the entire situation worse. As for the cabin steward, did you tell them to clean your bathroom and bring toilet paper and they never did? Why didn't you go to guest services the first day about that?

I was on the Liberty last month and had a great time. No offense, but i find your complaints nitpicky. I don't care what other people do. They're having fun, enjoying their vacation. As for the toilet paper, it's an honest mistake. call your room steward and he'll bring some right down. I don't understand why you wanted the lido party over at 11... If you're looking for quiet time, the lido is not the place to be.

Well I couldn't really ask for toilet paper at the time...lol and yes everyday we told him ok were leaving now you can clean when ever your ready. Not to sound rude but isn't that what the tips are for him cleaning your room?

We are from the Mobile area so we are prepared for Mardi Gras but to me the deck situation took it to the extreme.

I didn't want quite time I wanted grown women to not rub there private parts on little boys in front of me!! That is not "nitpicky" it is DISGUSTING!!!!

Did you report that to the purser desk? If you that disgusted why didn't you take a picture. Everybody has a cell phone that has a camera.

I didn't want quite time I wanted grown women to not rub there private parts on little boys in front of me!! That is not "nitpicky" it is DISGUSTING!!!!

I'd like to be clear on what you mean by 'little'boys? If grown women are rubbing themselves all over children under 17/18 this is obviously a crime plus I have to wonder where the kids parents were and For sure CCL should have gotten on security to intervene.

If the boys were young adults then to be honest, no crime, no foul.

As for your other complaints. Although I have long since stopped sailing Carnival, I too find them petty. A quick call or note to the cabin steward would have fixed that small issue. I seriously don't think his intent was for you to clean your own Bathroom. That is ridiculous.

Was this your first Carnival cruise? If so you may want to try another line. You can't blame the ship for the passengers. Telling people to avoid the Liberty makes no sense.

I'd like to be clear on what you mean by 'little'boys? If grown women are rubbing themselves all over children under 17/18 this is obviously a crime plus I have to wonder where the kids parents were and For sure CCL should have gotten on security to intervene.

If the boys were young adults then to be honest, no crime, no foul.

As for your other complaints. Although I have long since stopped sailing Carnival, I too find them petty. A quick call or note to the cabin steward would have fixed that small issue. I seriously don't think his intent was for you to clean your own Bathroom. That is ridiculous.

Was this your first Carnival cruise? If so you may want to try another line. You can't blame the ship for the passengers. Telling people to avoid the Liberty makes no sense.

I agree with every thing you said . Some people are just complainers with the exception of the Children if they were under 17/ 18 like you said that would be a crime.

This is completely random and kind of dumb. Maybe the steward got called away for something in the middle of cleaning your room and never got back to it before you returned?

if what other passengers were doing was so repulsive and offensive then just look away or go somewhere else. I really don't understand the complaints and to say you will never sail the Liberty based on these things is kind of ridiculous.

Isn't there usually an extra roll of toilet paper kept under the sink and isn't there always a box of tissue in there too? :confused:

Hey Sheryl, yeah, I've found both when looking for some extra tissue on the last cruise.

Keith, have a great time. Will be boarding the Liberty next Jan...

We've been on the Liberty twice, and it is currently our favorite ship. I thought the staff and crew were excellent, and I have absolutely no complaints. When you went in your bathroom and found the toilet bowl brush in the toilet, and no toilet paper, was your cabin steward in the middle of cleaning your cabin? If so, then there's no need to complain for him doing his job. As to the "grown drunk women rubbing themselves on little boys", could it have been far more innocent than what you perceived it to be? Remember, things aren't always what they appear to be. As to the boy running on the 10th floor, how do you know how old he was? If he didn't get hurt, or hurt anyone else, what does it matter? I'm assuming this was on the same night, after the Mardi Gras party, after 11:00 p.m. True, you'd wonder where the parents were, but there's little you can do about it. You say the crew was not friendly to you. How did they act? Could it be that they were busy and just didn't have the time to engage in a conversation with you? It sounds like you let too many petty things bother you and it put a cloud over your cruise. Sorry you didn't enjoy it. Better luck next time.

Let me start with our room steward left a toilet bowl cleaner in our bathroom...

Oh no. The humanity. I don't know how you were able to continue your cruise. If it was me, I would have been off the ship at the first port.

Oh no. The humanity. I don't know how you were able to continue your cruise. If it was me, I would have been off the ship at the first port.

Probably missed out on the "24 hour satisfaction period" where they will give you your money back for not enjoying the cruise :)

Aside from the toilet issues and the badly behaving women, how was the cruise?

How was the food? did you have traditional set time dining or anytime dining? and what did you think of the new menus? What were your ports of call? How was the entertainment? Liberty is my favorite ship, so just wondering about the rest of your cruise.

I concur that the toilet brush is left in the room on Carnival as well as Celebrity so don't cruise them either if that offends you :rolleyes:

The toilet brush has ALWAYS been in the bathroom on every cruise I have been on. I have always assumed it's to "tidy" in a "pot" that has very little water. The tires on the pavement sometimes has to be cleaned.