Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Reviews of the Week by CORealtor, dcruisers, CruiseWizz, runnergirl71 & golfingfool!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Zuiderdam Wonderful Cruise! by CORealtor

We just returned from the 11 night partial Panama Canal transit from February 3-14. After reading many threads about the plumbing and air conditioning issues on the Zuiderdam, I was not sure what to expect. We were in stateroom 5191, and I am happy to report that we had no issues on either front. We actually turned our air conditioning up a couple of times because it was too cold. We also had no issues with the plumbing or water temperatures in the shower or tub. One time I noticed that a public bathroom was out of order, but a plumber was working on it to get it fixed. There was a slight sulfur odor in the aft portion of the ship on deck 9 or 10 that I noticed one day, but that was all. Continue reading... RCI Cruiser Falls in LOVE with Princess

Equinox Winter Escape on the Equinox 1/31/-2/10/14 by dcruisers

BACKGOUND: We are fairly experienced cruisers (all seniors in our 60s) having sailed on 20 cruises (and 1 River Cruise) on various cruise lines (RCL, NCL, Carnival, Celebrity and Princess). This was our 3rd Celebrity cruise. We traveled with another couple who are good friends and long time cruising companions. We enjoy cruising in the winter to get away from cold and snow. And this year was a great escape from a horrible winter! HOTEL: We arrived a day early and stayed pre-cruise at Spring Hill Suites. Great Choice! We enjoyed the free shuttle to hotel and the next day to cruise port. The free breakfast was also good and offered a nice variety. Rooms were clean and appeared updated. The 4 of us said we would definitely stay there again. Continue reading... Winter Escape on the Equinox 1/31/-2/10/14

Royal Princess NOTHING IS PERFECT BUT THIS COMES VERY CLOSE by CruiseWizz

Having sailed on 17 Princess cruises, my husband and I have experienced 11 of the current 17 Princess ships (Sun-class Sun, Sea and former Ocean Princess; Coral Princess, and all of the Grand-class ships except Golden and Diamond Princess) as well as the original Royal Princess. We have sailed a few ships in their inaugural season so we were excited to book a cruise on the latest new ship. After reading the many, very varied reviews on Cruise Critic we were very curious and maybe a little concerned about how we would like Royal Princess. However, there was no need for concern at all. Continue reading... NOTHING IS PERFECT BUT THIS COMES VERY CLOSE

Disney Dream A totally Dream-y Presidents' Week cruise! by runnergirl71

I made the decision on a 3-night cruise with my family celebrating my parents' 45th anniversary to do a solo 4-night cruise during my winter break (Presidents' Week) and took advantage of Disney's onboard rebooking deals to book this cruise. I went back and forth on which side of the ship to be on, but never wavered from my 8B cabin decision. Ultimately I decided on 9000 the port side, and I'm glad I did as the one time I visited the laundry (across from 9500 - the other cabin I considered), the people in there were talking rather loudly. Overall it was a fantastic experience!! Continue reading... A totally Dream-y Presidents' Week cruise!

Norwegian Getaway Great Cruise for Everyone. Kids and Adults both can have a good time! by golfingfool

Great Cruise for Everyone. Kids and Adults both can have a good time! NCL Getaway (Feb 15 – 22) Background to review: With our children grown and no longer cruising with us, we began booking suites for the extra amenities offered. However, on this cruise, we booked a Spa Balcony on deck 14 forward, Room 14108. Not that everything on the Getaway was great, but the combination of the ship, the crew, the entertainment, the excursions, the food, friends we met, and of course the SPA, made for a perfect week. I am not going to provide a lot of detail in this review but just hit the highlights and give you some suggestions to make your trip more enjoyable. Embarkation: Don’t believe what you may read in another review about the “thugs” at the Port of Miami. Continue reading... Great Cruise for Everyone. Kids and Adults both can have a good time!

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin

Sign in to follow this