2 friends travelling together must use same insurance company?

jazzkitteh

Am finalising booking thru a TA. I'm an from Australia and my friend is an American. We want to choose different insurance companies that will repatriate us back to our home countries should anything happen. The TA's website even suggest that non-US residents purchase insurance in their home country.

My friend wanted to purchase the TA's insurance. Why is our TA saying that my non-purchase of their insurance will affect my friend's ability to purchase?

It was a short reply to email as their office had just closed but I smell a 'losing my commission' rat but it could also be a honest mistake. She asked that we speak on Monday to sort it out.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sounds fishy to me....I am a TA in Canada, we can sell insurance to anybody in our province, but our clients have the choice to buy insurance anywhere they wish according to the policies of the company they choose.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Calebo

Update - spoke with TA today and she advised that it was fine for my friend and I to have different insurance suppliers even though we're in the same room.

She had never received a booking before that requested 2 different insurance companies so she had to go ask her boss about it. All sorted.

Thanks!