Still waiting on the Freedom...drydock question....

So we are very patiently :rolleyes: waiting on news of the Freedom drydock (and relocation) And I am trying to tell be the dates on Carnivals website if its already scheduled. I think I see a gap in April (19th to May 3rd) for two weeks but I also see a gap in May (18th to 24th) Am I missing something??

So we are very patiently :rolleyes: waiting on news of the Freedom drydock (and relocation) And I am trying to tell be the dates on Carnivals website if its already scheduled. I think I see a gap in April (19th to May 3rd) for two weeks but I also see a gap in May (18th to 24th) Am I missing something??

Well Cruise Critic reported today that Freedom will be Carnival's second ship to receive the Dr. Seuss program. That's the only thing I've read that has any ring of certainty to it.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5783

I don't understand the sudden obsessions with dry docks, especially the Freedom. Watching all the speculation has been amusing.

The only things with dry dock info should be how to avoid the post dry dock sailings; they rarely finish on time, causing the work to continue on one or multipke sailings.

The other is the assembly of a new crew. Takes them a while to interact efficiently.

I don't understand the sudden obsessions with dry docks, especially the Freedom. Watching all the speculation has been amusing.

The only things with dry dock info should be how to avoid the post dry dock sailings; they rarely finish on time, causing the work to continue on one or multipke sailings.

The other is the assembly of a new crew. Takes them a while to interact efficiently.

I wouldnt exactly call it a sudden obsession. Clearly some people care more as they are sailing on the ships going through drydock.

Personally I am also very interested in whats going to happen as we are waiting to book another cruise. And yes, some of the dry dock features WILL help dictate this. Next cruise we want a waterworks area. There is speculation the Freedom might get waterworks. Is is true? Who knows at this point. But, if it doesnt I know what other cruise we will book instead!

I think a lot has to do with people that have cruises booked around that time frame. They are wondering what will be added, if it will be finished on time and where it will wind up after the dry dock.

I would be extremely disappointed if I waited a year for a cruise, then a week before the cruise date I find out it was cancelled because it was still in dry dock or they were going to move it to another port of embarkation.

I just tried a Mock booking on the Freedom for the 18th with no problems.

I'm Sure if they were planning on canceling that week the would have done so be now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wouldnt exactly call it a sudden obsession. Clearly some people care more as they are sailing on the ships going through drydock.

Personally I am also very interested in whats going to happen as we are waiting to book another cruise. And yes, some of the dry dock features WILL help dictate this. Next cruise we want a waterworks area. There is speculation the Freedom might get waterworks. Is is true? Who knows at this point. But, if it doesnt I know what other cruise we will book instead!

And we're already booked on a B2B for January 2015. So many rumors going around and I hope this doesn't screw up our B2B.

I am not as concerned with the drydock...but the people we are sailing with really like the 2.0 upgrades. I am more anxious about the rumors of moving this ship to Galveston. We are planning a very special cruise for my husbands retirement and he found an itinerary he likes and a ship he likes. So I just want to see that happen for him :)

I don't understand the sudden obsessions with dry docks, especially the Freedom.

It's hardly an "obsession" if you're booked on the ship in question, or considering a booking, or likely to be affected by a change in homeport.

I'm booked for October, so I'd really like to see substantive (i..e, FunShip 2.0) upgrades to Freedom. If the upgrades are "meh" then I'll strongly consider rebooking a different cruise, or cancelling altogether since I pay -0- penalties up through August.

Watching all the speculation has been amusing.

Watching all the speculation has been comical. The delayed announcements and cloak of secrecy have made Carnival's "beards" look like a pack of second-graders at recess.

Well, not the only things, but yeah, these ARE valid concerns for people cruising just after a drydock. However, those drydock dates for Freedom (the 2 weeks, reduced from 5 or 6) have been pretty firm for many months now, so people have known WHEN the drydock would take place and to book accordingly...but no-one knows WHAT to expect afterward.

My co-workers think this is the funniest thing...and it has firmed their resolve to consider Carnival last when booking. Two cheers, count 'em, TWO cheers for CCL.