Paperwork Packet not Arrived - 7 days out

Oregonkennedys

:confused: We have not yet received our paperwork packets from NCL although we are a week out from the cruise. All members of our party are fully checked in online and we've printed E-Docs. It's been a year or so since our last cruise - should I be concerned we don't have luggage tags and coupon books in the mail or has something changed?

:confused: We have not yet received our paperwork packets from NCL although we are a week out from the cruise. All members of our party are fully checked in online and we've printed E-Docs. It's been a year or so since our last cruise - should I be concerned we don't have luggage tags and coupon books in the mail or has something changed?

You have to print those out with your Edocs. They don't send the paper packets anymore :(

Yep, no luggage tags mailed unless in a full suite (categories with code starting with letter S).

If you don't want to print and fold and staple the DIY luggage tags, porters in all ports have them so as long as you remember your cabin number correctly when arriving to the port, you can have them write the tags for you - that is what we always do.

Like others have stated before me - NCL doesn't send out the PAPER "Welcome Aboard Booklet" and luggage tags any more.

Here is a link to the electronic version of the booklet:

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/ncl/welcomeaboard/

Luggage tags you just print out yourself - and a tip is to laminate them to stand against weather or ruff handling. You can just use transparent Schotch tape on both sides, and then either staple it around your suitcase handle or punch a hole in it and attach with a small string. I always wait to put on the NCL luggage tag until we are ready to take a cab to the port.

Edited by TrumpyNOR

Either you cruised in a suite your last cruise or it has been a good deal more than a year since your last cruise since it has been several years since NCL sent luggage tags to non-suite guests. Everything has been online, including a link to the coupons, for several years.

So, as others have said, you need to print out your luggage tags yourself. I used to print them on poster board to make them sturdier. But then I bought tag holders from CC store and on our last cruise I printed paper luggage tags and cut them to fit inside the specially sized luggage tag holders.

I don't find most of the coupons to be worth it so I only print the one or two that I'll use.

Either you cruised in a suite your last cruise or it has been a good deal more than a year since your last cruise since it has been several years since NCL sent luggage tags to non-suite guests. Everything has been online, including a link to the coupons, for several years.

Well that's not true. We received a packet with luggage tags for our April 2012 Epic cruise.

Well that's not true. We received a packet with luggage tags for our April 2012 Epic cruise.

Did you notice the above poster's message. If it's been a year or MORE since your last cruise with them, they've changed their policy and no longer send out a cruise package booklet. Otherwise, April 2012 is MORE than 1 year ago, so their practice has changed, UNLESS of course you're previous cruise was in a Suite! That should explain why you have not received your booklet.

Did you notice the above poster's message. If it's been a year or MORE since your last cruise with them, they've changed their policy and no longer send out a cruise package booklet. Otherwise, April 2012 is MORE than 1 year ago, so their practice has changed, UNLESS of course you're previous cruise was in a Suite! That should explain why you have not received your booklet.

Perhaps you should actually read the post I was quoting, before responding. :rolleyes:

Edited by SissasMomE

Perhaps you should actually read the post I was quoting, before responding. :rolleyes:

I know I did but do you think the OP should wait for luggage tags in the mail ? That is not going to happen. They stopped in late 2011 but as I recall they did still send them out for a few months for those booked before the cut off date. April 2912 is two years ago and I don't believe it is relevant to the OPs situation

I know I did but do you think the OP should wait for luggage tags in the mail ? That is not going to happen. They stopped in late 2011 but as I recall they did still send them out for a few months for those booked before the cut off date. April 2912 is two years ago and I don't believe it is relevant to the OPs situation

Of course not. My first post to the OP was that you have to print them out. They are no longer sent. Someone else responded that docs haven't been sent in the mail in several years. I responded to that poster that her statement was not true. I rec'd docs in the mail 2 years ago. Not several years ago. Doesn't negate the fact that docs now must be printed.

Of course not. My first post to the OP was that you have to print them out. They are no longer sent. Someone else responded that docs haven't been sent in the mail in several years. I responded to that poster that her statement was not true. I rec'd docs in the mail 2 years ago. Not several years ago. Doesn't negate the fact that docs now must be printed.

Got it :)

It looks like it was a little more than a year and a half ago that we last cruised and I thought we received paper tags in the mail however, thank you all so much for the feedback that I am not missing something and my printed edocs and tags will have to suffice!!! :D Most appreciated. Now I can focus on just getting though this last week!

Bought some laminating sheets in staples, placed luggage tags in them, folded them over to seal and simply stapled to luggage handle, no chance of tags ripping. Yes only suites get nice tags mailed to you...

Wow, this thread gave me a headache. :p I'm glad you all got it sorted out. ;)

I have a S6 booked on Breakaway. Any idea when I should expect luggage tags? There are printable ones in my edocs and someone else told me I wouldn't get any in the mail. True? False? Thanks! :D

I have a S6 booked on Breakaway. Any idea when I should expect luggage tags? There are printable ones in my edocs and someone else told me I wouldn't get any in the mail. True? False? Thanks! :D

The suite letter with tags and pre-cruise concierge info for US and Canadian passengers should arrive via mail about a month before the cruise, people like us in other countries do not get anything in mail (at least when booked through US office).

The last time I received a packet in the mail was in 2010 on the Jewel (I was in the suite/haven then). Last year on the Breakaway I had to print everything out myself and same deal this year. No biggie on my end.

One tip - I do use some clear/heavy duty tape when I put my luggage tags on, just to make sure they don't get ripped/lost before the suitcases reach my room. I also put 2 tags on each suit case just to be safe (one on the vertical, one on the horizontal handles)