?'s about Bermuda

DJ1VIKES

Not leaving until Nov., but like to know what to do in Bermuda. Can you get to the beach on your own or are you better off with ship excursions. How far is it to the beaches from where we dock? Also, what do you suggest for the evenings since we are there overnight.

Thank you in advance, David H

There is a reliable bus service between King's Wharf and Hamilton. There are two buses - one takes the middle road and is more direct and the other takes the south road which passes by many of Bermuda's best beaches. November can be very cool in Bermuda but the views from the bus are wonderful. There is also a local ferry that travels between King's Wharf and Hamilton which gives you the opportunity to see Bermuda close up from the sea. The bus and ferry fares are only a few dollars. From Hamilton you can change bus and continue on the St Georges at the far end of the island. Since Bermuda is only 21 miles long, it isn't difficult to do it on your own.

There is a reliable bus service between King's Wharf and Hamilton. ...November can be very cool in Bermuda .... There is also a local ferry that travels between King's Wharf and Hamilton ....The bus and ferry fares are only a few dollars. From Hamilton you can change bus and continue on the St Georges at the far end of the island. Since Bermuda is only 21 miles long, it isn't difficult to do it on your own.

Correct. The island is small, so it's easy to get around, and the busses and ferries will generally get you wherever you want to go. Also, if your ship is going to be docked for several days in Bermuda (sometimes they stay for a couple days and just move from dock to dock) you might look into one of the unlimited bus/ferry passes.

Last time I was in Bermuda was a land-based trip about 10 years ago. It was November if I recall correctly, and quite warm. We spent the whole week in shorts, laid on the beach etc.

Because of the remoteness of the island, everything is expensive, so be prepared to pay $$$ if you have lunch ashore. The island is super clean though, and the people are extremely friendly and accommodating to visitors. :)

We were in Bermuda last October. We took the ferry to Hamilton did some shopping and had lunch. Asked the waiter where we could catch the bus to Horseshoe Bay Beach and he directed us to the main bus terminal. We took the #7 bus route and asked the bus driver to let us know when we got to Horseshoe Bay Beach which she did. The people could not have been nicer. And while Bermuda may be expensive for many things, public transportation is a bargain and very efficient. Purchase a day pass when you get off the ship (Kiosk is at the pier) , it is good for both the ferry and bus service.

Also check out the Ports of Call board as stated in an earlier post.

Enjoy your cruise.

Craig

Bermuda is amazing. No need to book a ship excursion. The ferry is the best way to get to Hamilton and St. George. Bus are great too, but I find the ferry to be much quicker (when going to hamilton and st george) there's a beach in st george that's called Tobacco Bay, I highly recommend. Not allot of people know about it so it doesn't get as crowded as the more popular beaches like Horseshoe.

I wish they did cruises to Bermuda from Florida =(

Bermuda is amazing. No need to book a ship excursion. The ferry is the best way to get to Hamilton and St. George. Bus are great too, but I find the ferry to be much quicker (when going to hamilton and st george) there's a beach in st george that's called Tobacco Bay, I highly recommend. Not allot of people know about it so it doesn't get as crowded as the more popular beaches like Horseshoe.

I agree ferry's are best way to go to Hamilton or St George from dock, you get great views

Not leaving until Nov., but like to know what to do in Bermuda. Can you get to the beach on your own or are you better off with ship excursions. How far is it to the beaches from where we dock? Also, what do you suggest for the evenings since we are there overnight.

Thank you in advance, David H

Also depending on you, there are the scooter rentals. I have been to almost every part of the island just driving around on the scooter. A lot of people do get injured, usually because of their own doing and not paying attention.

Lots of people do know about it since it is one of the best places to snorkel.;):) Since it's a very small beach it can and does get crowded. However, that should not dissuade someone from going there becuase along with the snorkeling, it's a good beach for small children.

I've been digging around on Bermuda's visitor website. http://www.gotobermuda.com/what-to-do/transportation/

That might provide some help.

Frankly what everyone else is saying is supporting what I'm finding to. Get a day pass and go explore.

We're on Vision for the June 9th run out there so review will follow!

RCI has a 10 day from Ft. Lauderdale on Vision of the Sea, June 9, 2014.

Also on VOS June 9... Trying to figure out what to do.:rolleyes:

There is a "to do/see list" located here. Print it out, hi-lite what interests you, and do your research.

Also, there is a printable Bermuda map at the bottom of the page at the linked to page above. The map has bus and ferry routes, and the locations of many of the attractions identified.

SBtS