If you're on a Baltic cruise and haven't made final payment ...

scdreamer

We are on the June 21 sailing out of Southampton and I've been keeping an eye on fares.

Long story short - we were initially booked on an August sailing, but had to switch to June because of a new grandchild set to arrive in late summer - ended up with a less desirable cabin for more $$$.

Yesterday I saw that fares had dropped for our sailing, and I called my travel agent, and we were able to upgrade from a 2C veranda on deck 6 to a concierge class XC for $700 less per person than we were paying. To do this we are taking a guarantee, which is fine for us, because any concierge cabin will be better than the 2C cabin we had. And we still get to keep the perks we had.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the troubles in Ukraine and passengers canceling - but we are very happy to have found this option. If you're sailing to the Baltic this summer and haven't made your final payment, it could be worth your time to check on fares.

Thanks for the info. I always watch cruise pricing (at least until the final payment date). So far my cruise (August 1st) has only gone up in price.

The drop in price could be due to a lot of things but I have to imagine a number of people have cancelled or are holding off booking until things become clearer with the Russia/Ukraine issue and Celebrity is keen to fill up the ship.

My DW and I will sail on the August 1st sailing even if the ship doesn't stop in St. Petersburg but I suspect if that port gets dropped due to the conflict we'll see prices drop as well.

Glad things worked out for you and glad you got to keep your perks. That a double win in my books :D

If you haven't done it already, post this on the Roll Call thread for your cruise. Thanks to similar postings on our Roll Call, we kept checking prices on our cruise and got a substantial reduction. Several other members of the Roll Call did also, so everyone is very grateful for the reminders. Remind everyone to 'log in' with all their information when checking prices - there can be a substantial price difference based on loyalty status/residence location, etc., that doesn't appear if you don't log in.

Also, don't stop checking up until your final payment date - prices could drop again!

Edited by Kartgv

We are on the June 21 sailing out of Southampton and I've been keeping an eye on fares.

Long story short - we were initially booked on an August sailing, but had to switch to June because of a new grandchild set to arrive in late summer - ended up with a less desirable cabin for more $$$.

Yesterday I saw that fares had dropped for our sailing, and I called my travel agent, and we were able to upgrade from a 2C veranda on deck 6 to a concierge class XC for $700 less per person than we were paying. To do this we are taking a guarantee, which is fine for us, because any concierge cabin will be better than the 2C cabin we had. And we still get to keep the perks we had.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the troubles in Ukraine and passengers canceling - but we are very happy to have found this option. If you're sailing to the Baltic this summer and haven't made your final payment, it could be worth your time to check on fares.

My DH and I are on the same cruise. I keep watching the prices, and yes, they have gone down. We booked onboard our last cruise, so the price for our cabin has gone through the roof and down some; However, at the highest it was over $2,000+ more. We, at least, are still very happy with our price, but you make a good point for others to check and see...one never knows what will happen. I did hear that some were canceling due to the issue with Ukraine, but we are not!:):)