E1 v D1 Cabin Price Difference.

Can anyone tell us what the big deal is when booking a D1 over an E1 cabin, we've seen price differences of between £600 - £1000 more for D1 over 14 nights. These two cabin types are virtually the same size with the only real difference being its location on the corridor of the ship.

We think it's a lot more money for a room that is virtually the same behind the cabin door as the E1.

If anyone knows anything to the contrary I'd appreciate being corrected.

A D cabin is slightly larger than an E cabin. In a D there is a 3 seat size sofa and in an E there is a 2 seat size loveseat. There vanity/storage unit is longer giving you a set of drawers on either side of the chair. An E cabin will have one set of drawers on the side of the vanity toward the closet.

You have a little more floor space, a larger seating area and a bit more storage. The cabin is maybe two feet longer in a D.

A D cabin is slightly larger than an E cabin. In a D there is a 3 seat size sofa and in an E there is a 2 seat size loveseat. There vanity/storage unit is longer giving you a set of drawers on either side of the chair. An E cabin will have one set of drawers on the side of the vanity toward the closet.

You have a little more floor space, a larger seating area and a bit more storage. The cabin is maybe two feet longer in a D.

Thanks.

Question now is, would you pay £1000 more for what you just explained.

We've been in many E1 and D1 cabins and the area looks very similar.

No, I would not pay that much for the difference in the two cabins. And if I were trying to put 4 people in the cabin, I would put two of them in an interior across the hall from an E cabin.

Yes, well said, you're a business person I can see. ;)

Ironically, I have found that the locations of E cabins are better than D cabins a lot of times because D's tend to be further from the elevators. Personally, I'd take less space, be closer to an elevator and save some bucks.

I've been on several trans-Atlantics in an E2 cabin and had plenty of storage room for 15+ day cruise so the extra storage space isn't needed.

Tucker in Texas

When I booked our cruise for Navigaor in august, there was a resident rate on D2 cabins that made them less expensive than any E cabins. Booked the D2 cabins.

Mary Anne

When I booked our cruise for Navigaor in august, there was a resident rate on D2 cabins that made them less expensive than any E cabins. Booked the D2 cabins.

Mary Anne

I have done that as well. But I do feel that the E cabins have the better locations.

I agree with above posters. I booked an E1 cabin that has a better location compared to D category cabins and its actually more expensive than D categories because of the resident discounts D cabins have.

We found the E was just a bit too squishy for our comfort. The love seat is half the size of the three seater. Two people can sit on it, but two people can not relax on it. When having a shower and getting dressed we found the space was just not comfortable. We like to be able to choose to leave the cabin when we want, and we just felt like we were keener to get out than we had been in a D cabin previously. The storage however was fine for us.

That price difference sounds nuts though.

Can anyone tell us what the big deal is when booking a D1 over an E1 cabin, we've seen price differences of between £600 - £1000 more for D1 over 14 nights. These two cabin types are virtually the same size with the only real difference being its location on the corridor of the ship.

We think it's a lot more money for a room that is virtually the same behind the cabin door as the E1.

If anyone knows anything to the contrary I'd appreciate being corrected.

Thanks to all for some useful info.

There is another question here though, what's all this I'm reading about "Resident Discount Rates", never heard of it but numerous members have mentioned it on the thread.

Thanks in advance ;)

When you book online at RCIs website, you put in your state of residency, and every now and then, the residency fairy strikes, and you get a discount for living in Vermont, or Ohio, or wherever.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When you book online at RCIs website, you put in your state of residency, and every now and then, the residency fairy strikes, and you get a discount for living in Vermont, or Ohio, or wherever.

What about those of us living in UK? Any hope of a discount for us? :confused:

What about those of us living in UK? Any hope of a discount for us? :confused:

LOL. I'm from Canada, and I received a residency discount once! Keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks for the intel, I think there is more chance of us winning the national lottery than getting a residence discount in the UK from RCCL. :cool: