Sanctuary island princess Alaska

hsmcruise

We were on the island princess for a partial Panama Canal transit and loved being in the Sanctuary. Now we will be in Alaska in June and wondered how usable is the sanctuary for this trip. We will have a forward balcony. Loved to

Know if anyone has used the sanctuary for Alaska

We checked it out but chose not to. Too port intensive and too chilly. I would consider booking it for Glacier bay day though.

We were on the island princess for a partial Panama Canal transit and loved being in the Sanctuary. Now we will be in Alaska in June and wondered how usable is the sanctuary for this trip. We will have a forward balcony. Loved to

Know if anyone has used the sanctuary for Alaska

We did a B2B late in the season in September of 2012. Our waitress in Sabatini's for breakfast was not there the first week on the Glacier Bay day and the second week on the Tracy Arm day. She was working in the Sanctuary. It appears that was the only two days there were any significant number of people in the Sanctuary. At other times of the season it might be warm enough but you never know from week to week.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

As pointed out above, an Alaskan cruise tends to be pretty port intensive and sea days can be cool and often damp so IMO the Sanctuary has little appeal. For the above reasons we spend little time on our balcony much prefer moving around the ship taking in all of the scenery Alaska serves up.

One must view is to go down to la patisserie area before the ship is lifted in a lock to look out the big windows and see how close the walls are..

This photo does not do it justice...

Panama%20Card%2010-310-M.jpg

I agree, do it on a day to day basis.

We like to move around on the ship, so many beautiful views to be stuck in one place.

As they warned not to in Ghostbusters, I crossed the streams..

Had just posted on a Panama Canal thread and crossed the destinations.

My point actually doesn't hold for Alaska as they turn the ship in Glacier bay, so everyone gets a good view and the Sanctuary will have much less crowding at the rails..

On my wish list, go back to AK on the coral or Island, book the sanctuary on a warm glacier bay day and watch from the pool.

One must view is to go down to la patisserie area before the ship is lifted in a lock to look out the big windows and see how close the walls are..

This photo does not do it justice...

Panama%20Card%2010-310-M.jpg

Me thinks these are the walls of one of the locks in the Panama Canal and has nothing to do with the Sanctuary in Alaska.

As they warned not to in Ghostbusters, I crossed the streams..

Had just posted on a Panama Canal thread and crossed the destinations.

My point actually doesn't hold for Alaska as they turn the ship in Glacier bay, so everyone gets a good view and the Sanctuary will have much less crowding at the rails..

On my wish list, go back to AK on the coral or Island, book the sanctuary on a warm glacier bay day and watch from the pool.

Make sure you take that cruise fast! Princess is moving the Island Princess to Europe for summer 2015. I hope they don't move the Coral Princess in 2016 as well. I feel like they are the best ships for Alaska! I took the Island to Alaska in 2007 and this July I'm going on the Coral. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're already planned out for 2018, and none of those are Alaska, so it probably won't happen, unless I get a windfall and more vacation time.

Make sure you take that cruise fast! Princess is moving the Island Princess to Europe for summer 2015. I hope they don't move the Coral Princess in 2016 as well. I feel like they are the best ships for Alaska! I took the Island to Alaska in 2007 and this July I'm going on the Coral. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums