New Oasis class ship - Current status

I thought I would start this with the hopes that it will bring people out that might have pictures of the new build, or have any "inside" news. I HIGHLY doubt this build will have a webcam due to being built outside, so I'm sure we're going to have a lot of reliance with people that can take pictures of the actual build site(from close, or afar, whatever.) I know the steel cutting has already begun, but are their any photos of any blocks starting to come together-being built?

I can't imagine there much to see yet. Steel cutting started in Sept, delivery is more than 2 years away. I look forward to this ship as much, or more than Quantum+Anthem. The renderings that came out this week look nice with the added slide and extended solarium.

The other names that RC has aquired so far are Ovation, Passion, Pulse, and Vantage. Not bad, but I think they can do better.

I can't imagine there much to see yet. Steel cutting started in Sept, delivery is more than 2 years away. I look forward to this ship as much, or more than Quantum+Anthem. The renderings that came out this week look nice with the added slide and extended solarium.

The other names that RC has aquired so far are Ovation, Passion, Pulse, and Vantage. Not bad, but I think they can do better.

I didn't even know that they had renderings until now. I found a couple pictures, and have attached them. It does look like there are a few noticable differences. Mainly the glass canopy towards the front, the slide, and the smoke stacks designed differently.

As to the names, those names(IMO) do not seem to fit a ship such as this.

450x352xoasis-three-render-1.jpg.pagespeed_ic.KVmo9o5T9l.jpg.0c4799f3050b126c74225c61f65d3c35.jpg

450x352xoasis-three-render-2.jpg.pagespeed_ic.rLpWc52Ov7.jpg.26bcc416d78acb189c57ce07f673c6de.jpg

Edited by cruiseaddict5279

I definitely am, too. I don't care much about Quantum at all. Not for us.

I think Quantum looks interesting, but I have to admit that the new Oasis class ship is WAY more appealing to me. I'm still fairly interested in seeing both ships built though. Pretty wild seeing them put together. I wonder if the bumper cars, skydiving, etc will be installed on the new Oasis class ship. I could see the skydiving being put on.

I sailed on Allure in 2011 and it was absolutely the best cruise of the eight I have been on so far. The ship was absolutely amazing!!! I'm already planning and saving for my next cruise...on the new Oasis class ship from RCI!! I can't wait!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from sailing on Oasis, and the ship is AMAZING! But, in my opinion, they nickle and dime you to death on absolutely everything. I don't remember it being that bad on other RCI ships. It will be really interesting when something pops up about the new Oasis class ship-like some photos. I can't wait to see some photos.

I just got back from sailing on Oasis, and the ship is AMAZING! But, in my opinion, they nickle and dime you to death on absolutely everything. I don't remember it being that bad on other RCI ships. It will be really interesting when something pops up about the new Oasis class ship-like some photos. I can't wait to see some photos.

How did they nickle and dime you? Just wondering

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I didn't receive any notification that there was a comment. As to the nickel and diming, they seemed to charge more for absolutely everything, but even to the point of charging 2.75 for a "ball" or whatever you want to call it, of cotton candy. The photos were outrageous as well. 4 photos for I think it was $120. That's nuts. It was DEFINITLY an awesome ship, but was more of those one time things.