Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I imagine in their minds putting Escape in Miami gets the ship a lot of exposure. Just like putting Breakaway in Bermuda. At least NCL sticks to where they deploy a new ship, Royal changes their mind on a whim like when they decided to send Quantum to China and changed Anthem from Fort Lauderdale to Bayonne, and pretty much told customers tough if you don't like it.

Sent fron my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Well to be fair that was Bermuda's fault, not Royal's.

And why's that? The cruise lines can serve far more guests and command (on average) higher cruise fares by spreading their ships to different home ports around the country... Let alone access destinations not accessible from Florida.

I think NCL's current deployment is spot on. Easy to be Florida-centric when you live in Florida, but the rest of us appreciate options closer to our homes so we can avoid flying on occasion. I'm glad to see some cruise lines deploy new ships to places OTHER THAN Florida. (NCL Breakaway to NYC; RCI Quantum/Anthem to NJ; CCL Magic to Galveston a few years ago, etc.).

The reason I say photo should be home port for all NCL cruise ships it's because hey is Florida people want to come here anyways. Florida has so much going for it as far as Disney, universal and many other theme parks and dinner shows. Why not make Florida the cruise destination of the world? Even has a nice ring to it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

The reason I say photo should be home port for all NCL cruise ships it's because hey is Florida people want to come here anyways.

That's a major, and indeed faulty, assumption on your part. I know many, many people who do not want to travel to Florida to board a cruise ship, and would indeed much rather board a new and innovative cruise ship they can reach within a reasonable drive of their home.

There will always be plenty of ships sailing from Florida, including many new ones. Cruisers in the rest of the country deserve the variety that comes with ships being deployed elsewhere in the country, and the cruise lines have figured this out, to their credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

I live in Florida (the only livable spot in Florida IMO - South Florida!), but many consider Florida the arm pit of America where every lose screw ends up. There may be some truth to that!

Anyway no reason all new ships should be based here. The world is a huge place with far more interesting places to see and cruise to besides Florida and the Bahamas/Caribbean. Europe, Asia, Australia, Mediterranean, South America, Africa, Alaska, Norwegian fjords, etc. just to name a few.

I don't deny I enjoy having some of the best cruise ships in the world just a 20 minute drive from my house, but that certainly doesn't mean I would ever restrict myself to just cruising from Florida. How limiting and boring.

That's a major, and indeed faulty, assumption on your part. I know many, many people who do not want to travel to Florida to board a cruise ship, and would indeed much rather board a new and innovative cruise ship they can reach within a reasonable drive of their home.

There will always be plenty of ships sailing from Florida, including many new ones. Cruisers in the rest of the country deserve the variety that comes with ships being deployed elsewhere in the country, and the cruise lines have figured this out, to their credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Well said! While I love FL having lived there for many years in the past, because I no longer wish to fly at the moment, it would be a real pain to have to drive there every time I wanted to cruise when there are other ports (TX and LA) that are sooooo much closer to home. I'd love to see NCL offer a variety of new itineraries from TX and LA, especially LA as we love going to New Orleans. Despite my personal wishes, I know NCL and any other cruise line is going run their business in the manner most profitable for them.

I live in Florida (the only livable spot in Florida IMO - South Florida!), but many consider Florida the arm pit of America where every lose screw ends up. There may be some truth to that!

Anyway no reason all new ships should be based here. The world is a huge place with far more interesting places to see and cruise to besides Florida and the Bahamas/Caribbean. Europe, Asia, Australia, Mediterranean, South America, Africa, Alaska, Norwegian fjords, etc. just to name a few.

I don't deny I enjoy having some of the best cruise ships in the world just a 20 minute drive from my house, but that certainly doesn't mean I would ever restrict myself to just cruising from Florida. How limiting and boring.

Love the lose screw comment - my mom still lives down there :D.

I agree, that's why I live in South Florida lol. Delray Beach to be exact I'm only about an hour from the Port of Miami.

Another great thing is the weather, well everyone else is freezing there butt off we live in a tropical paradise.

Now is when our weather shines. Come July it's a different story. Hot, humid, wet, and hurricane season. Enjoy it while we can!

I'll gladly switch places with you! I'm sick of winter.

No need to switch places, move on down to Florida. Many friends of mine from up north get angry when I tell them the temperature here and all I can say is hey there's nothing stopping you from moving to Florida it's open to everyone.

If you have something new and interesting to add about ESCAPE go for it. I'm sure we would all be very interested.

Exactly, there is nothing new about the escape so deviating a bit keeps this thread interesting. If anyone has anything new to say about the escape I'm all ears ( sits up and listens ).