Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Reviews of the Week by kior, SugSug, Magobets555, cowgirl73 & Bently57!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Getaway 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise by kior

This was my first cruise and I was very pleased with the experience. The ship is very new, this was the inaugural season. I think the best way I can describe the experience is as a combination of the best aspects of a high end hotel, a theme park, and a tour bus. I traveled with my girlfriend (who has been on a cruise previously), and we are in our early 30s. The trip was a 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise visiting St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Nassau (with 3 days at sea). Continue reading... 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Riviera Gorgeous Riviera by SugSug

We have 20 cruises under our belts, this being our first on Oceania. As others have noted, this ship is absolutely the most elegant one by far. It was like being in a county club at sea. Everywhere you looked there were dark wood, tan carpets and Stravorsky crystal lighting. WOW! Our Concierge cabin on deck 9 was very roomy with enough storage for all of our things. The bathroom, again, was beautifully appointed with marble and granite, a full-size tub with shower plus an additional separate shower (on the small size). Wonderful fragrant Bulgari toiletries were provided. Our balcony was ample for the two of us - two chairs and a small table. The downside was that on Deck 9, while standing on the balcony, one can not look towards the front of the ship due to an obstruction caused by the ship's design. You can not tell that there is an obstructiion by viewing the deck plans on line or from Oceania's own brochure! A little bit of deception there. So, if it is important to watch the ship come into port, maybe you should do your homework first. Continue reading... Gorgeous Riviera

Carnival Breeze Fun in the sun by Magobets555

Our family of 5 just returned from the Carnival breeze 8 night southern Caribbean on Sunday. Our kids are 15, 11, and 9. If you are looking for a family friendly boat, this is the one. Our first day on we were able to board at 12 pm. The boarding process went very smooth. All the food places were available for you to enjoy right away. Our room was ready by 1, and our luggage arrived at our door shortly after. I've been on others that the rooms and your luggage wasn't available for hours after boarding. Continue reading... Fun in the sun

Ocean Princess This cruise has to be the most economical way to do 10 days by cowgirl73

We just returned from 10 days on the Ocean Princess sailing on February 19, 2014 from Papeete to Papeete. I would say this has to be the most economical way to go to 6 islands in French Polynesia. We love to travel and we have been to many nice places, but we are not wealthy people and now retired, so I try to get as much bang for my buck as possible, and not blow all our travel dollars on one trip. Would I have rather stayed in an over water bungalow for 5 nights in Moorea and 5 nights in Bora Bora, probably. We met one couple from Canada who did that (for 9 nights) which cost them $13,000, including flights but not including food which is extremely expensive in these islands. Our 10 day cruise to 6 islands cost us $605 each, before taxes and gratuities, and of course the cruise includes your food Continue reading... This cruise has to be the most economical way to do 10 days

Celebrity Silhouette Silhouette: As close to perfection as can be imagined by Bently57

Silhouette Eastern Caribbean 3/2 through 3/9 I don’t know the ‘traditional’ way of writing a review, so I will simply try to categorize the important stuff and keep the trivialities at a minimum. Check In: Almost smooth! Almost. We checked in around 1:30 and had some weird issues with my partner’s seapass card. They could not get his photo and card to jive together. My process was seamless; his took a total of five attempts before getting it to work. The girl at check-in kept taking his photo and running his card without success. We eventually had to go see ‘someone special’ at the far end of the check in booths. This special person was finally able to make it happen on try #4. Kind of. Because when we went up to board, the card still would not read. So some more behind the screen magic happened and then this was attempt #5, without knowing if it was really resolved. But….finally onboard. (More on this later!) Continue reading... Silhouette: As close to perfection as can be imagined

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Sign in to follow this