Deadly peanut allergy

I have a seafood allergy, not air borne. My son has a peanut allergy, not airborne. Oasis, and last year on Grandeur.. main dining room was very good about the first night mentioning the allergy and double checking everything. I still carry an epi pen and benadryl. I also like how the buffets have ingredients now, on the cards, above the food.

I have a shellfish allergy & hubby is mildly allergic to peanuts & tree nuts (only if ingested), and due to health restrictions other than allergies, I have a lot of dietary no-nos, so we generally watch what we're eating pretty closely.

I'll notify RCI of our allergies before we get on the ship, but for anything that's on my 'don't eat it' list, I will police myself.

With regard to anyone at my table, I would never expect them to curtail what THEY eat or order in order for ME to feel "safe". If I or one of my children had a severe enough allergy that even being around something like peanut dust was an issue, they wouldn't be eating in the main dining room, they'd be eating in the room. And/or wearing a surgical mask to make sure they weren't affected by other people's food.

The tables in the MDR/buffet are close enough together that there's no way you could just ask that the people at YOUR table don't indulge - you'd have to ask the people at nearby tables, too, and that's more than unreasonable.

I have a shellfish allergy & hubby is mildly allergic to peanuts & tree nuts (only if ingested), and due to health restrictions other than allergies, I have a lot of dietary no-nos, so we generally watch what we're eating pretty closely.

I'll notify RCI of our allergies before we get on the ship, but for anything that's on my 'don't eat it' list, I will police myself.

With regard to anyone at my table, I would never expect them to curtail what THEY eat or order in order for ME to feel "safe". If I or one of my children had a severe enough allergy that even being around something like peanut dust was an issue, they wouldn't be eating in the main dining room, they'd be eating in the room. And/or wearing a surgical mask to make sure they weren't affected by other people's food.

The tables in the MDR/buffet are close enough together that there's no way you could just ask that the people at YOUR table don't indulge - you'd have to ask the people at nearby tables, too, and that's more than unreasonable.

Exactly... if it was an airborne allergy that my son had, we would not be going. I would never ask someone to not eat something due to my kids allergy.