Breakaway - My thoughts, vignettes and thing that made me say “Huh”

watsonnj

Hope to see Slam play at BB kings this summer since he won't be on Breakaway.

My Small World Moment and will try to make it very brief:

First cruise in 2006 my son Brian was 11. We knew nothing about cruising, so we had walkie talkies (I know, I know). He lost his in the Arcade third day in. I start calling it, thinking someone would find it. Few minutes later, a gentleman answers that yes, he had found the walkie talkie.

We were on the same deck, so Brian and I walk to his cabin. He comes out, and says "Brian! Didn't know you were on this cruise!"

It was his basketball coach from a few years ago! And he lives around the corner from us back home. What are the odds?

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Robin thanks for the story, really want are the odds? If you are talking about the BB Kings in NY the wife and I would definitely make the trip to see Slam. Thanks for the info.

I do not remember them ever charging for dessert in O'Sheehan's. Is this something new?

Not sure if it is new or not I've never been to O'Sheehan's before this cruise. They have a dessert menu on the table with prices. I did ask the hostess on the way out and she said if I really wanted just plain ice cream she would get it for me. I just walked up to the buffet and got my iced cream not really a big deal just made me say "Huh."

Robin thanks for the story, really want are the odds? If you are talking about the BB Kings in NY the wife and I would definitely make the trip to see Slam. Thanks for the info.

Yes. BB Kings in NYC.

Here is his summer schedule:

http://www.slamallen.com/slam-live?startrow=7

Enjoy!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

What a nice, fun, refreshing review.:) I particularly liked your use of Huh? Far too many people would have used some of those situations to complain, carry on, and even consider some deal breakers. Those kind really need some cheese with their whine and a bit of a sense of humor would help them greatly.:D

Thx for such a delightful review. I agree with so many of your "Huh?" comments. We were on last week's sailing as well and experienced several of the inconsistencies on the ship. Especially regarding food and restaurant service levels. We chalked it up to the relative newness of the ship, still working out all of the kinks. Our mantra is, It's all part of the adventure.

Hi General!

Love your sense of humor--it's a lot like my brother's, keeps me in stitches.

FWIW, you can ask for bar soap. They will give you bars of the Elemis soap from the Suites--good stuff. Or, you could try the novelty of a washcloth...

Slam is great. Unfortunately he is no longer with NCL.

Our small world story involved the cruise we took celebrating our daughter's high school graduation on CCL Triumph in 2005. Our DS was 14 and thought he'd be bored. As luck would have it one of his best friends turned out to be on the cruise. VERY lucky for us, that child's parents ended up with custody of our son the whole week--Freedom for us, lol!

Thanks for the info I should have asked for bar soap. A washcloth would have been a more manly option than a puff ball but old habits die hard. I held out until we landed in Nassau and found a small hole in the wall drug store. They had two soaps Ivory and Irish Spring. My wife said that her Grandmother always used Ivory. Quickly deducing that smelling like her Grandmother might be a turn off I got me some Irish Spring, I smelled like a country road after a spring rain. I did hear that Slam is no longer with NCL but he will be playing at BB Kings in NY I'm going to try to go. Thanks for the small world story. Some times the best things in life are unplanned. Your brother sounds like a great man.

Edited by watsonnj