How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

On 6/23/2019 at 11:45 AM, SailingShelley said:

A lot of cruise lines offer the bast prices when the cruise is first released! 

Plus, especially if you do B2B (back to back), you have more choices to book the same cabin on consecutive cruises.

Last summer, with all completely different itineraries, we did 5 B2B all in the same cabin for 42 nights..

That sounds awesome.

On 6/20/2019 at 1:28 AM, clo said:

I'm curious why you book that far out.  Do certain routes need that to get what you want?  We have something planned for next April and that's probably farther out than we've ever booked anything.

I have booked a year in advance, mainly to allow me to save up and pay for it. I dont have that much disposable income to book sooner.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

That sounds awesome.

Those B2Bs that were all different itineraries were on RCCL Independence out of Southampton. You should try that ship.  A majority of cruisers on the Indy were Brits since it is so convenient for you to travel to the port!

Chuck and i go for longer so we only have to fly once for the entire experience. Sometimes we also go one way with a Transatlantic (TA) cruise so we fly only one way! Some times, depending on the itinerary, the TA costs no more than the airfare  one way! 

would love to try that, sometime. My wife is actually Southampton born and bred, so could include a family visit.

My issue, and it still concerns me now, even after our first cruise, is that I hear the Bay of Biscay and the Atlantic can be quite rough, and I know I will be seasick. I couldnt even get the ferry to France without being ill.

I'm sorry but I just have to ask.  You actually count the days?????????   I think you might want to look into some other things to pass the time.  I know we're going on a cruise in about six months.  And I know we're going on a road trip to Seattle in about a month.  That's it. I've never known anyone to actually count the days.

39 minutes ago, clo said:

I'm sorry but I just have to ask.  You actually count the days?????????   I think you might want to look into some other things to pass the time.  I know we're going on a cruise in about six months.  And I know we're going on a road trip to Seattle in about a month.  That's it. I've never known anyone to actually count the days.

Yes, I do.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, clo said:

I count the minutes and seconds.....😊😊😊

Bob