How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

8 hours ago, lazybeachbum79 said:

It was to be today but it was cancelled. I was packed and getting ready to drive to the port when we found out. 😞 we will reschedule but not sure when. Getting our time off from work and college at the same time takes a bit of effort. 

Not sure which cruise it was and it is a shame that your trip was canned but perhaps it was for the best as your cruise may have been adversely affected with events going on at the moment.

This topic has taken on an entirely different meaning given the current situation.  We had 4 major cruises booked for this year the first one in April was already cancelled by the cruise line.  The next one is in August and also in jeopardy.  Even our October cruise from Rome to Singapore is questionable.  This might become a very memorable year for the cruise industry....but for all the wrong reasons.

Hank

35 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

This topic has taken on an entirely different meaning given the current situation.  We had 4 major cruises booked for this year the first one in April was already cancelled by the cruise line.  The next one is in August and also in jeopardy.  Even our October cruise from Rome to Singapore is questionable.  This might become a very memorable year for the cruise industry....but for all the wrong reasons.

Hank

I may well be a annus horriblis for them.

On 3/8/2020 at 3:57 PM, lazybeachbum79 said:

It was to be today but it was cancelled. I was packed and getting ready to drive to the port when we found out. 😞 we will reschedule but not sure when. Getting our time off from work and college at the same time takes a bit of effort. 

Oh, I feel very sorry for you. Last year I had exactly the same situation. And in the end, on the date that we wanted to reschedule the cruise, I wasn't released by my boss at all 😞 I hope that everything will be fine and you'll be able to enjoy your trip!😉

I wonder how many people posting on this thread actually believe that the cruise will take place?  We're not sailing until October but will probably make a decision on what we are doing just before we have to pay the balance.  Both of us are in the high risk age group and DH has had numerous health problems for the last 2 years so he would be even more vulnerable.

On 3/13/2020 at 2:48 AM, babs135 said:

I wonder how many people posting on this thread actually believe that the cruise will take place?  We're not sailing until October but will probably make a decision on what we are doing just before we have to pay the balance.  Both of us are in the high risk age group and DH has had numerous health problems for the last 2 years so he would be even more vulnerable.

179 days for us. 

Kind of having the same thought process as you.  At this point I'm kind of skeptical that this will happen.  Hope I'm wrong.   But unlike some others at least we are still in a position to get a full refund should we decide to cancel.  

14 minutes ago, ldubs said:

179 days for us. 

Kind of having the same thought process as you.  At this point I'm kind of skeptical that this will happen.  Hope I'm wrong.   But unlike some others at least we are still in a position to get a full refund should we decide to cancel.  

79 days to a 14 night Alaska cruise leaving from Vancouver. The port has been closed now so we'll see what happens if HAL changes the departure port?