celebrity century or voyager

celebrity seems to be having some great deals and as the prices of voyager are not coming down in a hurry i was wondering if anyone has been on this celebrity cruises eg celebrity century and could offer some feedback....

having already been on voyager loved it but is there something else comparable for value for money as i see so many peoples cruise history's and perhaps we shouldn't just stick with the one liner..... having only experienced our first cruise i can see there are so many on CC that are super expereinced..

thanks in advance

..sorry, *edited* I was asking some questions but I see you have that info on another thread basically the same.

Edited by goodycruising
I was asking questions the OP has already given info on on a similar thread

Hi Dionex,

I will be cruising on the Century this December and it will be my 5th cruise (each of which have been with different cruise lines). I booked when I saw how cheap the Tasmania cruise was and the fact that it included the free Classic Beverage package.

Last year I cruised on the Disney Fantasy and I loved every inch of that ship. It was my favourite travel experience to date. But the problem when you find something you love is that other options tend to pale in comparison.

I do have moments of worrying that I will be disappointed in the Century by comparison, but then I realise that I am looking at things the wrong way.

Regardless of what ship I'm on, I really enjoy the whole cruising experience. I have cruised on 2 ships I consider to be a step below the Century (a Costa ship and a P&O ship) and I still had a great time. I probably wouldn't make either company my first choice again, but given the bargain price I paid for both of those cruises, I have no regrets about doing either.

I think I may feel the same on the Century. I've read great things about Celebrity's food and enrichment activities, and I like knowing that I'm going to get to sample the X experience at a very reasonable price. Plus, knowing that I can order a cocktail during daily trivia without worrying about the cost is a big added bonus.

In saying all this, if you love Royal Caribbean for it's active options such as Rock Walls and Ice Skating Rinks you may be disappointed.

Have fun deciding. The planning and research is part of the fun.

Century's a nice ship... but Celebrity and RCL are different with RCL focused on family activities. You're also comparing the facilities of a very large ship (Voyager) with an older, smaller one.

So if you like the cruise as a pleasant way to see places, then it'll be a good choice. You get good service, food, pools and all the standard facilities. But if you like the ship for the ship itself and what you can do on it, then it won't compare.

Century's a nice ship... but Celebrity and RCL are different with RCL focused on family activities. You're also comparing the facilities of a very large ship (Voyager) with an older, smaller one.

So if you like the cruise as a pleasant way to see places, then it'll be a good choice. You get good service, food, pools and all the standard facilities. But if you like the ship for the ship itself and what you can do on it, then it won't compare.

Nicely put and totally agree

Greg:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, that was announced a few months back.

She'll still be in local waters this coming season for Celebrity, so providing an opportunity for those interested in sailing her.

Now it is official as it is on FB by X themselves.:D

Now it is official as it is on FB by X themselves.:D

It was official from Celebrity and announced back in February.

I don't know if they posted it to facebook back then, but that's more for promotional pieces e.g. "like if you wish you were on a holiday now" not for news announcements. :D

It was official from Celebrity and announced back in February.

I don't know if they posted it to facebook back then, but that's more for promotional pieces e.g. "like if you wish you were on a holiday now" not for news announcements. :D

Yep, FB has a wide audience now especially with older demographic keeping in touch with kids/grandkids.:D