Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Reviews of the Week by ShellPell westchestermom WeirDave AndynBrenda & BettyCruiser!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Oasis of the Seas Great Time on the Oasis by ShellPell

My family and I had a wonderful vacation aboard the Oasis of the Seas 3/15-3/22. It was myself, my husband and daughter. My parents also came on this trip. We had 2 ocean view balconies on Deck 7. Our room steward David was more than happy to open up the door between the balconies so we could have one big open balcony where we could sit at night and have a drink and watch the sunset. We used our Birth Certificates to board this cruise and had no problem whatsoever. I do always bring along my marriage license to be safe and they did ask to see it on this trip as my last name on my birth certificate and my license are different. This was our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. We've done two previous cruises on NCL. After this cruise we've ranked RC as our favorite but would still sail on NCL as we had a wonderful time on the previous two trips with them. Continue reading... Great Time on the Oasis

Wind Surf Converted to Small Ship Sailing by westchestermom

While I wish we could have stayed, we have returned to reality! Our March 1 cruise on the Wind Surf was amazing and converted my husband to small ship cruising (as I had hoped!). We flew to St. Maarten a day early and flew through immigration. I had read stories about horrors at the airport, but we experienced none of it. Soon-to-be friends (we met on the ship) did have issues arriving Saturday. Their plane arrived in plenty of time, but they were held on the tarmac waiting for a gate. I think they were the last to board, and it was quite close to sailing time. If at all possible I recommend heading down a day early. It also allowed us to get in vacation-mode before sailing. Continue reading... Converted to Small Ship Sailing

Norwegian Dawn Thorough review by WeirDave

Let me start by saying it was our first time cruising with Norwegian Cruise Lines. I received an email from them that contained rates on this cruise that were actually lower than what I had been paying on Carnival. We typically travel on a stringent budget in an effort to be able to pay off my house in three years so budget reigns supreme, however, we had not taken a vacation alone together in a couple of years, and this particular trip fell right during the week of our 11th year wedding anniversary. In addition, we have taken three Carnival cruises before, two out of Tampa and one out of Miami. As luck would have it, each of the three cruises prior we had missed a port due to either inclement weather or the Novo virus. When you miss a port of call as most of you know, you'd better have something to do on your ship otherwise it can be rather boring. Although Carnival did try to make an effort to make up for the lack of the Port of call, the entertainment provided was lackluster at best. For these reasons I jumped at the chance for us to try another cruise line. Continue reading... Thorough review

Disney Fantasy Most expensive vacation ever - but worth it at twice the price by AndynBrenda

A Disney Cruise was our happy medium between my wife's sentiment that "Every kids should see Disney" and mine, that "Disney World is the epitome of all that family vacation should NOT be..." This was our second cruise. my wife and I traveled with our kids, ages 10, 8 and 4. From our perspective here are some pros & cons: Pros: +Cleanliness; there's a reason that Disney isn't a part of any stomach flu epidemics. The crew went to extra lengths to keep things clean given recent outbreaks on other cruise lines based out of FL. Continue reading... Most expensive vacation ever - but worth it at twice the price

Celebrity Century New port, old ship, new friends, old friends by BettyCruiser

Sometimes I pick a cruise based on the itinerary, sometimes I pick a cruise based on the ship and sometimes I pick a cruise to cruise with friends. This cruise happened to involve all three criteria. The Century is my favorite ship currently sailing. This sailing was part of a redeployment of the Century after Celebrity decided to reduce the previously announced ‘solsticization’ dry dock down to a shorter technical dry dock, no doubt due to plans to sell or transfer the ship out of the Celebrity fleet. I usually book my cruises years in advance, this cruise was offered only about eight months prior to its sailing, that meant I had to rearrange my cruise schedule for the year when I booked this one, but it also meant another sailing on my favorite ship before she was gone. Continue reading... New port, old ship, new friends, old friends

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin

Sign in to follow this