Mariner (somewhat live)

tallship

Hi, Tina, give a hug to your mom from me! She's a gem. Wow, what kind of suite do you have, that looks wonderful!

Lol, not my suite....am just with the regular crowd but I snuck in to take a peak at the Mariner Suite down the hall

Jackie - no pics of the Observation Lounge....the pics were of Mariner Lounge, Horizon, and Stars

The Muster was at 7:30 am due to late boarding and departure. Cancelled our morning excursion. Going back to bed....later

Thanks Tina for the wonderful photos. We just got off the Mariner as the contractors boarded the vessel. We would have loved to be on after instead of before the remodel. But we did get to meet up with Davor which was a treat.

Have a great cruise and our love to your Mom.

Ann

Woke up to a glorious morning. Beautiful sunshine. All the buses have left to depart to Rome and environs. We have decided to take a sea day...time to unpack, get settled and enjoy the ship.

Responding to Jeff-

Captain - Felice Patruno (he leaves today, new one arriving)

GM - Davor Josipovic

Food and Beverage - Carlos Salvador

Cruise Director - Paul Reynolds

Executive Chef - Jonathan Smid

Restaurant Mgr - Marcel Karabinos

Hi Pam -

Yes, it is there is but there is now also a small stage for a band or trio.

Here are some pics.....

Horizon Lounge at Tea Time

13739471913_361a316368.jpg

Observation Lounge

13739893404_07e9fbd200.jpg

13739491515_a1002b04f7.jpg

Entrance to Observation Lounge ( my favorite artwork on the ship)

13739543833_8cac99f8da.jpg

Pool Bar

13739503005_ec72dbf9d3.jpg

New Pool Loungers

13739603503_9383bbb55b.jpg

These photos are just great, Tina, and amount to a real Mariner "scoop"! (I like how they're sized, too--not too small, but not huge. Just right.)

The lounge chairs look big enough for two, but I realize it may just the angle. Also, it was a treat getting a glimpse of our favorite Regent musical trio, Nature's Rhythm, playing for the returning passengers.

When you have a minute could you confirm the steps you are following to post photos. I'm guessing you are taking the shots with your iPad, then uploading them to the Photobucket website, then following the steps that forgap outlined in an earlier post. Thanks.

Rich

These photos are just great, Tina, and amount to a real Mariner "scoop"! (I like how they're sized, too--not too small, but not huge. Just right.)

The lounge chairs look big enough for two, but I realize it may just the angle. Also, it was a treat getting a glimpse of our favorite Regent musical trio, Nature's Rhythm, playing for the returning passengers.

When you have a minute could you confirm the steps you are following to post photos. I'm guessing you are taking the shots with your iPad, then uploading them to the Photobucket website, then following the steps that forgap outlined in an earlier post. Thanks.

Rich

Rich-

Thx. I cannot take credit for the sizing.....

I take the pictures with my iPad and then they are in iPhoto. Then I upload them to Flickr. Grab the BB code and select the static image ensuring that it is the same as the guidelines for CC. Cut and paste into Notes because it takes some time and the system logs me off. Then write a caption and paste it all into the post. CC only lets you post 6 pics at a time but I love that Forgap mentioned the Preview Post option....

Dinner tonight was fantastic. We have the dream team of chefs onboard. All of our meals have been great and service superb.

Went to show in Constellation theater.....moved on to Stars Lounge. Nature Rhythm Trio packed the dancefloor.

Rich - Jun from Nature Rhythm sends his regards. We hooked up with a couple we met last April. Had a great evening.

Tina, thanks for sharing your photo-posting method--helpful! Thanks, too, for passing on the regards from Jun of Nature's Rhythm. Glad to know that he, Larry and Terry are still packing the Stars dance floor. I'm hoping we'll get to see (and hear) them again when we sail on the Mariner next March.

Also, happy to know the kitchen is hitting on all cylinders, and that the service has been first-rate. Continue to enjoy every day and post when you can!

Rich

Tina, the pictures are stunning! Just wow! Mariner is my very favorite ship, but unfortunately, not on my near future cruises with Regent. I enjoyed the makeover of the Voyager, however. Almost makes me want to book something!

Tina, the pictures are stunning! Just wow! Mariner is my very favorite ship, but unfortunately, not on my near future cruises with Regent. I enjoyed the makeover of the Voyager, however. Almost makes me want to book something!

We should plan something together. We may try O at some point too.

Wonderful photos Tina - thanks! And I hope the cruise is just as good and that you get a lovely Indian meal one evening as well.

Looks like the entire decor of the ship - so the "feel" as well I assume - has changed. I am so glad that the orange and yellow (or gold or whatever) has gone. Would love to see a photo of the SS Aft suite since that really needed a make over! Did they do all the suites or just the top ones and the public spaces?

Love to you both! Send more pix!!

Gerry