Trying to Decide - CB or Jewel

DShock

We are loyal Princess cruisers (Elite card holders) and cruise 3-4 times a year, mostly on Princess. We are booked on b2b's on the CB in August (PS 749) and also b2b's on the Jewel (OS 1560)...same dates. Now we have to decide. The itinerary on the Jewel is much better but we love aft PS cabins on the CB. So its a tough decision. Any opinions?

We are loyal Princess cruisers (Elite card holders) and cruise 3-4 times a year, mostly on Princess. We are booked on b2b's on the CB in August (PS 749) and also b2b's on the Jewel (OS 1560)...same dates. Now we have to decide. The itinerary on the Jewel is much better but we love aft PS cabins on the CB. So its a tough decision. Any opinions?

It would be a no brainer for me, why would you fore go your elite benefits on princess to cruise on NCL, which IMHO and many Princess regulars is an inferior product????:confused:

Jewel is Royal Carib not NCL. And while we LOVE Princess it is definitely not Elite or Suite perks that keep us coming back. If you break it down they really aren't "blow you away" perks. The Radiance Class ships are among our favorites.

I have been on both ships and there is no contest in my mind. While I love cruising on Princess I would choose the Jewel. I don't find that much difference in cruising between RC and Princess. The Jewel is a beautiful ship and has fewer passengers than the CB. Of course RC uses the pier away from Old Town San Juan so you need to take a taxi if you want to go to Old Town after you get to the ship.

Jewel is Royal Carib not NCL. And while we LOVE Princess it is definitely not Elite or Suite perks that keep us coming back. If you break it down they really aren't "blow you away" perks. The Radiance Class ships are among our favorites.

I think Princess has the best loyalty program in mass market cruising.

I am not into rock climbing walls, mini golf, video arcades, or cruising with lots of kids, which you find on RCL in the summer. Still a no brainer for me.

I would choose the Jewel. I have been on the Radiance but not the Jewel - I prefer that size of ship (90,000 tons). The Radiance was a pretty ship, I assume the Jewel is just as pretty.

I personally don't like the ships with an extra deck of passengers on Princess ships such as the Caribbean Princess.

Edited by Coral

There IS an NCL Jewel so that's probably why the other poster got confused. OP is talking about the Jewel OTS, an RCI ship, easy to get confused when there are too many ships with the same basic name. :cool:

The Radiance Class is my favorite size of ship. I've been on the Radiance and the CB many times. Hard decision to make. I think I'd go with itinerary first, then loyalty points. If you're at the Diamond or Diamond Plus level, the perks are pretty good but overall, I think Princess' Capt. Circle is best.

Maybe if you post the 2 itineraries, we could help better?

The Radiance Class of ships remain the prettiest afloat, IMO. WHy not try something different, especially as you prefer the itinerary?

ETA: aren't there nicer suite perks on RC than on Princess? I've seen the OS on the Jewel, and find it significantly nicer than any suite on Princess. Gorgeous!

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

We are going on the Jewel. The itinerary was the deciding factor. San Juan is our favorite departure port. And since we are doing b2bs turn around day in San Juan will be a lot of fun. Only pain is the long day of travel to get there.

We will miss princess but will be back on the Coral in Jan.