Host Sharon

Hello again

A few years ago, for the first time, I had shoes stolen out of an exterior compartment of my case as we approached our final destination.

I put out my cases the night before and didn't realize until too late that the house slippers in the exterior compartment were gone. I knew I was taking a chance with the shoes but, in all these decades of cruising, I had never had a problem with crew thievery at some point along the way of debarkation. You?

Digression - decades ago, I would leave my cabin and not lock the door. On one cruise, the nice lady who set up my room for the night would lock the door behind her. I would walk up to Reception for the spare key, rinse, repeat.

I asked the folks at Reception if it were necessary to lock our cabins. A silent nod answered my question.

I think I have told this story before but: In Istanbul, on sailing night, I happened to be at Reception when an elderly, well-dressed woman walked up and said, "What hotel is this?" I was stunned but the people behind the desk nodded at each other and talked to the pax.

Do "the kids" park their elderly parents on ships to get rid of them? We all know the stories of perpetual pax onboard, but I didn't realize that ships are considered a parking place for seniors.

Ruby

Happy Christmas, y'all! When Marian gets home and unpacked, I have a ???

I was perusing the latest Oceanic brochure and saw a port in Tassie named Burnie. I have never been there, never heard of it. I spent my 3 times in Tassie in the Eaglehawk Neck area of southern Tassie. There is so much history and geography to explore.

Marion - I hope you had a wunderbar cruise. We look forward to reading all about it.

Ruby

Happy New Year Everyone.

I am now relaxing at the Coast, after my most enjoyable fortnight cruise on Azamara Journey. Highlights to me was cruising up the rivers to Down Town Bangkok and Saigon.

This was an easy relaxing cruise for the independent traveller.

Azamara certainly knows how to look after their passengers. They have a superb theatre/music programme.

Ruby - Re Burnie, Tasmania, I suspect cruise lines choose that port for ease of access to Northern Tasmania. It is a port for the ferry service from Melbourne to Tasmania. Most travellers are soon on their way to more scenic parts of Tasmania.

Like you, my favourite part of Tasmania for scenery is SE Tasmania. I am actually going on a holiday there in February.

Hi folks. Sorry I've not been around much but book writing takes a lot of brain power/time.

Anyhow, I am now officially retired. On the downside, tomorrow I should have been boarding Aurora for 65 nights round S. America but instead I am at home sitting with a hot water bottle to ease a bad back :( I think major depression may soon set in. It's cold and damp and I was banking on heat and sun till spring.

Hope everyone is OK. Marion - you must tell me more about Azamara as they feature heavily in the next book.

Happy New Year.

[quote name='Host Sharon']Hi folks. Sorry I've not been around much but book writing takes a lot of brain power/time.

Anyhow, I am now officially retired. On the downside, tomorrow I should have been boarding Aurora for 65 nights round S. America but instead I am at home sitting with a hot water bottle to ease a bad back :( I think major depression may soon set in. It's cold and damp and I was banking on heat and sun till spring.

Hope everyone is OK. Marion - you must tell me more about Azamara as they feature heavily in the next book.

Happy New Year.[/quote]

Hi Sharon,

Sad to hear that you are unable to cruise on Aurora, as planned, because of a bad back. Not good weather to be staying home either, as I hear it has been extra cold. How did you hurt your back? I hope you soon feel better.

I absolutely loved Azamara Journey, Sharon. I can't speak highly enough of Captain and Musical Director, who were out and about everywhere ensuring everyone was having a good time.

It is the perfect size ship for going up river to Bangkok and Saigon.

Enjoyed a quiet Christmas/New Year at the Coast with my girls and their dogs.

[B]Sharon[/B] - congrats on your retirement. An exciting milestone, indeed. But why did you celebrate so hard that you hurt your back? Bummer.

[B]Marion[/B] - I was shocked to read that Oz is experiencing insufferable heat. Our paper said that one day the temp was 107*. OMG! "They" said that the heatwave is so bad that it affects the air quality and makes for a bad day. Is the weather going to ease or are y'all in for a lousy summer?

Ruby

[quote name='Saga Ruby'][B]Sharon[/B] - congrats on your retirement. An exciting milestone, indeed. But why did you celebrate so hard that you hurt your back? Bummer.

Ruby[/quote]

I wish!! My back had been a bit sore for a week or so. I handed in my notice of 6 weeks and then had to stay home sick - never went back to work as one morning I woke up and couldn't weight bear on right leg - trapped nerve I was told. It's only now improving so missed all Xmas dinners, parties and leaving do :(
On the up side - World Cruise book is complete and off to the publishers :)

Huzzah for finishing your World Cruise book! Now you can breathe more easily and have a life.

Congrats,
Ruby

[quote name='Saga Ruby']
[B]Marion[/B] - I was shocked to read that Oz is experiencing insufferable heat. Our paper said that one day the temp was 107*. OMG! "They" said that the heatwave is so bad that it affects the air quality and makes for a bad day. Is the weather going to ease or are y'all in for a lousy summer?
Ruby[/quote]
Yes the heatwave has been widespread, Ruby.
I suspect hotter and more humid summers are going to be the future for Queensland. I have been feeling the heat since my return from my cruise.
I had been looking forward to the cooler weather in Melbourne, but it will be 38c tomorrow when I fly to Melbourne for the Australian Tennis Open.

Congratulations on your retirement and finishing your World Cruise book, Sharon. I hope you continue to feel better.

I have been watching parts of Australian Open on TV and noticed that it was hot enough during the first two or three days for the elite players to request the umpire to have the roof of the arena closed. The umpire wouldn't. do it. I will be very interested to see how Chung fares against Federer in the final - I'll have to tape it because I think that it starts at Midnight Vancouver time.

[B]Marion[/B], I'll endeavour to locate you among the spectators in the arena ...

Donald.

[quote name='Kapricorn']I have been watching parts of Australian Open on TV and noticed that it was hot enough during the first two or three days for the elite players to request the umpire to have the roof of the arena closed. The umpire wouldn't. do it. I will be very interested to see how Chung fares against Federer in the final - I'll have to tape it because I think that it starts at Midnight Vancouver time.

[B]Marion[/B], I'll endeavour to locate you among the spectators in the arena ...
Donald.[/quote]

Donald - Apart from the first couple of days, I had mild weather at the tennis whilst I was in Melbourne. Now that I'm in Sydney for Australia Day, Melbourne is scheduled a return of extra hot weather, 39c on Saturday.

Australian Tennis Open uses a measure called Wet Bulb Globe Temperature, which is a combination of the heat, as well as the humidity. Seems it wasn't hot enough, when I was there. When they close the roof due to extreme heat, they have to stop all play on the outside courts. I think they should just delay the tennis for a couple of hours in the heat of the day, in extreme weather conditions.

I saw some exciting tennis this year, as a number of unseeded players beat seeded favourites.

I'd like to see Chung in the final, although I didn't see him play.

You may have been able to locate me watching the Australia Day Harbour activities from a prime harbour front park today.

Oops, I've done it again. Booked another world cruise for next year. Want to see more of Asia - Japan and Vietnam. :)

[quote name='Host Sharon']Oops, I've done it again. Booked another world cruise for next year. Want to see more of Asia - Japan and Vietnam. :)[/quote]

Sharon - can you tell us your ports list and date of embarkation? It all sounds very exciting.

Ruby

Thanks Donald. It's a long list Ruby so here's the link. [URL]http://www.pocruises.com/j901/[/URL] We leave on Jan 6th, get back in April. My joints don't like these cold damp UK winters any more!

We sailed along the southern coast of Australia last year, this one goes up the east coast to the Whitsundays, so many different ports.

[quote name='Host Sharon']Thanks Donald. It's a long list Ruby so here's the link. [URL]http://www.pocruises.com/j901/[/URL] We leave on Jan 6th, get back in April. My joints don't like these cold damp UK winters any more!

We sailed along the southern coast of Australia last year, this one goes up the east coast to the Whitsundays, so many different ports.[/quote]

Thanks for the link. I was hanging in there until the ports were Asian ones. I'll have to look up some of them but it looks like tons o' fun and quite educational.

So start packing, Sharon!

Ruby

[quote name='Host Sharon']Thanks Donald. It's a long list Ruby so here's the link. [URL]http://www.pocruises.com/j901/[/URL] We leave on Jan 6th, get back in April. My joints don't like these cold damp UK winters any more!

We sailed along the southern coast of Australia last year, this one goes up the east coast to the Whitsundays, so many different ports.[/quote]

Well Done, Sharon. They say world cruises are addictive - enjoy!

Oh joy! Currently snowed in with a Red weather warning in force (Danger to life). At least I'm getting some more wear out of my Northern Lights cruise thermals! It's -10C unheard of in the UK usually.

[quote name='Host Sharon']Oh joy! Currently snowed in with a Red weather warning in force (Danger to life). At least I'm getting some more wear out of my Northern Lights cruise thermals! It's -10C unheard of in the UK usually.[/quote]

I am lucky that I've never seen that temp. I read the headlines about Ireland being shut down by snow,

In your area, are you able to get out to buy beans and a can opener?

Ruby

[quote name='Saga Ruby']I am lucky that I've never seen that temp. I read the headlines about Ireland being shut down by snow,

In your area, are you able to get out to buy beans and a can opener?

Ruby[/quote]

I wasn't for three days but we had due warning and I stocked up two days before it came down. Today is the frist day cars are able to negotiate the hill.

[quote name='Host Sharon']Oh joy! Currently snowed in with a Red weather warning in force (Danger to life). At least I'm getting some more wear out of my Northern Lights cruise thermals! It's -10C unheard of in the UK usually.[/quote]

Wow -10c is really cold for UK. Lucky you have your cruise thermals to keep warm. A lot of English people will be looking for warm weather holidays after the unseasonal snow melts.

[FONT=Arial][B]To Sharon[/B] - About your world cruise(s), from the inside out, do you think the w/c crowd sticks together as others of us come and go on the segments?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial]I noticed on my Africa to Fort Lauderdale cruise that there was a very large table in the back of the DR which seemed to be the standard seating for a group of W/cruisers.[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]One night, at my "large" table, a retired submarine captain joined us. He got into a lively argument with a Hollywood producer; I cannot remember the subject. But I do know that the sub captain was correct and gently refused to change his mind that 2+2= 4 instead of five. I wanted to visit with the captain but he was always thick with his w/cruise crowd and I was unable to connect again.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Thoughts?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Ruby[/FONT]

QM2 has missed visiting Darwin today, because of Cyclone Marcus, which is tracking towards Darwin today. Cyclone shelters are open and all flights in to and out of Darwin have been cancelled. QM2 is heading to Bali. All those due to disembark and embark will have a lot of rescheduling to do today.

The Captain of Azamara Journey hopes to visit Darwin on Sunday, behind the Cyclone, just.

The joys of World Cruise routes during our Cyclone Season (November to April). We seem to be having more cyclones at the end of the Season recently.

BTW I follow several world cruise bloggers. One couple have been on 14 world cruises in a row, so naturally know a lot of crew and fellow frequent world cruisers well.

Saw it was 1 - 2 in London recently, so the cold weather continues. Guess you are no longer snowed in, Sharon. How has the winter weather been in Vancouver, Donald? I know a family who plan to spend Christmas in Vancouver. What is the weather usually like at Christmas?

The normal high and low temperatures for December 25 in Vancouver are 5.7C (42F) and 0.4C (33F). Over the past several years, however, it has been cooler than usual. White Christmas? Very little chance of snow falling on that day ... maybe two or three times over the past ten years! It is either sunny, overcast or wet.

Donald.

[quote name='Kapricorn']The normal high and low temperatures for December 25 in Vancouver are 5.7C (42F) and 0.4C (33F). Over the past several years, however, it has been cooler than usual. White Christmas? Very little chance of snow falling on that day ... maybe two or three times over the past ten years! It is either sunny, overcast or wet.
Donald.[/quote]

Thanks Donald.

[quote name='MMDown Under']QM2 has missed visiting Darwin today, because of Cyclone Marcus, which is tracking towards Darwin today. Cyclone shelters are open and all flights in to and out of Darwin have been cancelled. QM2 is heading to Bali. All those due to disembark and embark will have a lot of rescheduling to do today.

The Captain of Azamara Journey hopes to visit Darwin on Sunday, behind the Cyclone, just.

The joys of World Cruise routes during our Cyclone Season (November to April). We seem to be having more cyclones at the end of the Season recently.
.[/quote]

Later -
QM2 is heading direct to Singapore, not stopping in Bali - 9 sea days from Airlie Beach. (Reasons given are Immigration Officials couldn't get on board in Darwin and Bali has Religious holidays.)

Azamara Journey was able to stop in Darwin on Sunday.

Cyclone Marcus, which left property damage, trees and powerlines down, and local flooding, is now over the Kimberleys in Western Australia. There is a possibility of another cyclone forming.

Australia now has bushfires in Victoria and New South Wales, with loss of property, houses, animals, etc.

Sydney was 40c yesterday.

Australia is a land of extremes.

[FONT=Verdana]Such ghastly weather in Oz! Do some people still claim that there is no global warming?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]About the new ship, the Symphony, soon to take to global waters as the world's largest cruise ship. I was reading the article about this monster, turned the page, and saw a photo of it. OMG! Between the pax and the crew, there will be close to 10,000 people onboard at a given time. And I took great interest in Donald's photo of the new bow designed for cruise ships. It was one of the ugliest things I've seen in recent years.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Thanks to Conte, at least I am safe from current maritime reality. Silversea is my brand and I hope to never sail on a ship with more than 700 pax. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I know, I know, "dinosaur" here. Y'all go ahead and sample the new ships; I'll enjoy my steerage "suite" on Silversea and never look back.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Ruby[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]
[/FONT]

[quote name='Saga Ruby'][FONT=Verdana]Such ghastly weather in Oz! Do some people still claim that there is no global warming?[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]About the new ship, the Symphony, soon to take to global waters as the world's largest cruise ship. I was reading the article about this monster, turned the page, and saw a photo of it. OMG! Between the pax and the crew, there will be close to 10,000 people onboard at a given time. And I took great interest in Donald's photo of the new bow designed for cruise ships. It was one of the ugliest things I've seen in recent years.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Thanks to Conte, at least I am safe from current maritime reality. Silversea is my brand and I hope to never sail on a ship with more than 700 pax. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I know, I know, "dinosaur" here. Y'all go ahead and sample the new ships; I'll enjoy my steerage "suite" on Silversea and never look back.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Ruby[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
[/FONT][/quote]

I don't like big ships either, Ruby. I loved both Azamara Journey and Ocean Princess (same ship design), with under 700 passengers.

Cyclones and Flooding in the north, bushfires in the south. Authorities have announced 70 properties destroyed by fire at Tathra, near Bega, NSW. 17 properties have been destroyed by fire in rural Victoria.

[quote name='MMDown Under']Wishing everyone a happy Easter.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Thank you, Marion, and the same to you and yours. I hope you find all your Easter eggs. Do y'all have Easter egg hunts Down Under?[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial]My daughter has a friend who just got back from Oz; I asked if I could get a copy of her itinerary and she will provide it soon. Should be interesting.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Digression - the format of this website seems to have changed. A bit awkward, if you ask me. Fonts have to be reset, spacing is different. [heavy sigh] It's an imperfect world.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Ruby[/FONT]

[quote name='Saga Ruby'][FONT=Arial]Thank you, Marion, and the same to you and yours. I hope you find all your Easter eggs. Do y'all have Easter egg hunts Down Under?[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial]My daughter has a friend who just got back from Oz; I asked if I could get a copy of her itinerary and she will provide it soon. Should be interesting.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Digression - the format of this website seems to have changed. A bit awkward, if you ask me. Fonts have to be reset, spacing is different. [heavy sigh] It's an imperfect world.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Ruby[/FONT][/quote]

We do have Easter Egg hunts, but it is not as common as in the US.

That will be enjoyable to see your daughter's friend's itinerary for her Australian trip, as you have visited here yourself. I think that is why I enjoy following the world cruise blogs so much, as so many of the ports are familiar to me and I enjoy reading other people's experiences. I also enjoy watching US Morning news TV.

My friend in NY has had four blizzards and is well and truly over the snow. We are over cyclones in the north, flooding and heavy rain.

Haven't noticed any changes, but Aus site may be different.

Is anyone following the Commonwealth Games at the Gold Coast? We have been enjoying attending the hockey live and watching the other sports on TV. There is also an excellent free entertainment program. Great atmosphere.

[quote name='MMDown Under']Is anyone following the Commonwealth Games at the Gold Coast? We have been enjoying attending the hockey live and watching the other sports on TV. There is also an excellent free entertainment program. Great atmosphere.[/quote]

Vancouver TV has not carried anything about the Commonwealth Games, and the [I]Vancouver Sun[/I] newspaper reports on just some of the achievements by Canadian athletes. There are no daily updates in the sports section about the competitions. That is really shocking.

Donald.

[quote name='Kapricorn']Vancouver TV has not carried anything about the Commonwealth Games, and the [I]Vancouver Sun[/I] newspaper reports on just some of the achievements by Canadian athletes. There are no daily updates in the sports section about the competitions. That is really shocking.
Donald.[/quote]
That is disappointing, as I know Canada is a great sporting nation, like Australia. I love the way all the Commonwealth countries, big and small, come together to compete. Aussies love a good unexpected under dog story, when the little guy wins, and we've had a few of those.

[quote name='Saga Ruby'][FONT=Arial][B]To Sharon[/B] - About your world cruise(s), from the inside out, do you think the w/c crowd sticks together as others of us come and go on the segments?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial]I noticed on my Africa to Fort Lauderdale cruise that there was a very large table in the back of the DR which seemed to be the standard seating for a group of W/cruisers.[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]One night, at my "large" table, a retired submarine captain joined us. He got into a lively argument with a Hollywood producer; I cannot remember the subject. But I do know that the sub captain was correct and gently refused to change his mind that 2+2= 4 instead of five. I wanted to visit with the captain but he was always thick with his w/cruise crowd and I was unable to connect again.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Thoughts?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Ruby[/FONT][/quote]

I think it depends on the line Ruby. On Aurora, aside from a few special coffee mornings and lunches, we never really all got together and our dining companions changed along the way too, so no, not on the one I did, but on say Cunard, they set aside a lounge specifically for full world cruisers so they probably stick together more. We'll see what Arcadia is like next year!

Back from my Saga river cruise - thoughts here.
[URL]http://sharonp-shipsinmylife.blogspot.co.uk/[/URL]

[quote name='Host Sharon']Back from my Saga river cruise - thoughts here.
[URL]http://sharonp-shipsinmylife.blogspot.co.uk/[/URL][/quote]

Thank for your latest review on your Saga river cruise, Sharon. Sorry to hear you are walking with a crutch. Is that because of your previous problems? I don't think a lot of people understand that you have to walk across other river boats to get to shore, on occasions. I can understand that would be difficult for you walking with a crutch. I always like to have a rail to hold on to, especially going up and down stairs.

During the Commonwealth Games, There is a great atmosphere, at the Coast, with free entertainment, as well as a wide variety of sports to attend.

I'm going to the Women's Hockey Final today (Aus vs NZ). England will play India for the Bronze Medal. I was lucky to get a single ticket in the ballot.

Tomorrow, the marathon goes past the end of our street, which is handy for being close to the excitement.

Enjoy the Games Marion.

Yes, between my arthritic left knee (but not yet bad enough for full replacement) and ongoing right lower back nerve pain, I can't walk unsupported and find a crutch easier than a stick. Physio on my knee is not helping my back!!

I could easily walk through other boats, it was the very steep angle that defeated me, especially with only loose rope to hang onto.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][B]To Sharon and Marion[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]It is so interesting to read your stories about river cruising. And, Sharon, thanks for your usual informative photos and narrative.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]I think it was Conte who wrote about bad weather and river cruises. It was a story about the river water volume being so high that a ship got tossed up into a small town square. As I did my research, it seemed that the word "bus" was used quite a lot for getting pax from port to port, town to town. I do not want to cruise on a bus tour.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]Due to climate change, I decided not to sign up for a river boat cruise. In the ensuing years, I have had no reason to regret this decision as I read the weather reports in the paper and also the comments from Sharon about lousy weather in the UK which seemed to worsen.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]I dunno - maybe I missed something but the idea of clinging on to ropes to disembark to a bus in yet another quaint village put Paid to my plans.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]Ruby[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Saga Ruby'][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][B]To Sharon and Marion[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]It is so interesting to read your stories about river cruising. And, Sharon, thanks for your usual informative photos and narrative.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]I think it was Conte who wrote about bad weather and river cruises. It was a story about the river water volume being so high that a ship got tossed up into a small town square. As I did my research, it seemed that the word "bus" was used quite a lot for getting pax from port to port, town to town. I do not want to cruise on a bus tour.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]Due to climate change, I decided not to sign up for a river boat cruise. In the ensuing years, I have had no reason to regret this decision as I read the weather reports in the paper and also the comments from Sharon about lousy weather in the UK which seemed to worsen.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]I dunno - maybe I missed something but the idea of clinging on to ropes to disembark to a bus in yet another quaint village put Paid to my plans.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]Ruby[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]Ruby - Agree current river water levels need to be investigated before deciding to take a river cruise. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Scenic Cruises lost a class action against its decision to not cancel its river cruises during European river floods. Scenic passengers felt forced to continue with their river cruise travel plans, because insurance would not cover passengers costs, unless Scenic Cruises cancelled its cruises. Other river cruise companies cancelled their cruises or changed the planned routes, where possible. Scenic passengers were forced to take long bus trips and stay in basic hotels. A river cruise with Scenic is expensive. Interesting court decision against Scenic.