Oslo Folk Museum

We're planning on going to the Oslo Folk Museum on our brief Oslo stop (only there until 2:30). Since that's likely the only sight we will have time for, I'm wondering whether the Folk Museum takes credit cards for the entrance fee. If not, I'm wondering if we should get some Norwegian kroners before we leave or stop at an atm in Oslo. Thoughts?

In our experience credit cards are widely accepted everywhere in Norway. Their homepage doesn't give information about that, though. Entrance fees are 110 NOK per adult, 85 for seniors.

We're also planning to visit this museum during our next visit to Oslo in May, seems to be really interesting.The HoHo bus stops right in front. Or take the waterbus leaving from the pier just a few steps away from the cruise ship terminal. The waterbus takes you across the harbour to Bygdoy peninsula where you can find the Viking museum, the Fram museum etc., too. It's a short walk from there to the Folk museum, whereas the HoHo stops in front.

The Folk Museum accepts international credit cards.

However, tickets on the ferry are cash only. You can buy a transit ticket (good for 1 hour with unlimited transfers) or a 1-day pass before you board at any 7-11, Narvesen, or Deli de Luca. They usually can accept international cards.

• 4 weeks later...

Although I haven't been there in a number of years, I have visited it more than once and thought it was terrific. If you enjoy history, this is a great way to learn about Norwegian history as you tour the many buildings on the site. It is definitely a nice day activity, however, since it's a park through we which you walk and tour the assorted buildings. Definitely recommend it!