T-Mobile Coverage in Bermuda

steffysmom

Hi Everyone: Traveling to Bermuda in June via the NCL Breakaway and I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with T-Mobile cell phone service while on the island of Bermuda ? Hoping that the reception is good so that we can stay in touch with our family back home while we travel.

Thanks in advance for your help with this question.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the T-Mobile site (http://www.t-mobile.com/optional-services/roaming.html) it depends on your plan. If you have the Simple Choice plan, Data and Text is free. Voice is $.20 per minute. Note that the free data is slow - probably 128kb. You may be able to purchase high speed data. Not cheap.

If you can find free or cheap wireless, you can connect that way also. If you purchase a wireless package on the ship, you can use that, but be careful with usage. I usually keep cellular roaming off. Then log on to wireless, get all the mail downloaded, and log out of wireless. Then read the mail while disconnected. Write any responses and let them sit in the outbox. When done, log back onto wireless and let the outbox get emptied, then log off wireless again.

Be sure you are disconnected your last night. Nothing like coming back to US port and your phone suddenly connects and starts beeping to tell you about new messages. Thus will usually happen about 4:00 am. I know from experience......

Let us know what you think of Bermuda and your T-Mobile experience. We are going in August (2014).

Gordon

Cell service is via Digicell in Bermuda. I used my T-Mobile cell phone to call home and reception was good.

I'm new to T-Mobile and would like to know if there is a charge for phone calls to the U S from Bermuda on the Simple Choice Plan.

From what I understand there is no charge for texting and data.

I'm new to T-Mobile and would like to know if there is a charge for phone calls to the U S from Bermuda on the Simple Choice Plan.

From what I understand there is no charge for texting and data.

I have the Select Value UNL Talk 20.

"Unlimited international web and text while roaming in 100+ countries with a flat rate of $0.20 per min for voice" included in this plan.

The calls I made earlier in the week while in Bermuda have not yet appeared on my account, but looks like I'll be paying 20 cents per minute.

Not sure about the Simple Choice Plan. I just logged into my account and clicked the "Plan" tab to more details.

"Unlimited international web and text while roaming in 100+ countries with a flat rate of $0.20 per min for voice" included in this plan.

The calls I made earlier in the week while in Bermuda have not yet appeared on my account, but looks like I'll be paying 20 cents per minute.

Not sure about the Simple Choice Plan. I just logged into my account and clicked the "Plan" tab to more details.

Thanks for the reply. I will do some more checking.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my bill. So nice only paying 20 cents a minute.:) My bill was only an extra $5 (for 25 minutes) instead of an extra $50 back in October (Bahamas) before they changed the rate plan.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 2:16 PM, markboston35 said:

This is an old post what’s the current situation? From my research it seems cellone is the one you want to force your phone to use as digicell is limited to 3g. Is this still the case? 

Leaving June 2nd on the Escape. Guess I'll find out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...